SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Which 9mm PCC? *Pg 4 - Stribog SP9A3
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which 9mm PCC? *Pg 4 - Stribog SP9A3 Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I think I just didn’t give it enough heat. Wound up boiling it for twenty minutes and it came loose with ease. I have four bolts on the Scorpion I forgot I used Rocksett on ( Roll Eyes) that I need to remove to get the barrel off, so I’m about to try my way again a bit later tonight.

Tri lug is a trip. Doesn’t seem as solid as the other methods I’ve got experience with, but as long as it holds it concentric to the bore and doesn’t launch it down range, good enough is good enough. Looking forward to getting the SP9A3 to the range. A friend of mine is putting together a range trip for the 15th, so that should give me enough time to hopefully get the Scorpion barrel to my buddy’s machine shop, get it turned down and get the other tri lug on it, and then I can do a direct comparison between the two suppressed.

Posts: 17614 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
The trilug on my Wolfman/SP5K has a very tiny amount of wobble, but overall it's pretty solid. The accuracy is dead-on with it attached and the alignment rod looks good. I'm pretty happy with the attachment method so far. It's not too difficult to take off, though I've had to grab the can while holding the weapon vertically and give the butt a bit of a tap on a solid surface to disengage the trilug after quite a few rounds.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17594 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I think it ought to work out fine. I’ve been attaching and removing a fair bit over the last few hours because of the sheer novelty of it all, and I’m both amused and impressed. Big Grin

There is far too much barrel and suppressor sticking off the end of this for my liking, and now I’m wondering if a handguard extension is the way to go, or have my machinist friend chop the barrel and thread it to be flush with the receiver. Need to shoot it before I start deciding things.

Posts: 17614 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
Smudge, have you had it out to the range yet? How smooth shooting is it? Any reliability concerns?

Posts: 851 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I have not yet, no. About we week after I got it, I went out of town for two weeks and got back late this last Thursday night. I wanted to get the suppressor stuff sorted out before I did. Now I’m hoping to get the Scorpion sorted out with tri lug first as well so I can compare them both suppressed and unsuppressed so it’s more apples to apples. I may forego that, though. I’m itching to get out there, so it may be as soon as tomorrow or the next day, hot-swapping the can be damned.

In loading and feeding manually, it seems smooth and doesn’t bind anywhere. Supposedly these guns do not like feeding hollow points, but that’s with the factory straight magazines. About two years ago, they started shipping them with curved mags that mostly deal with this. Mine is a 2021 production date, so NOS and probably the reason it was cheaper than the current going rate. That’s ok, I had planned to do the Scorpion lower anyway, so it evened out. $15-18 per 35rd magazine sounds better to me than $40 for the new Global Ordnance 30rd magazines. As long as it’ll feed the truncated nose Aguila subsonic I’ve started building up a stockpile of, I’ll be a happy camper.

posted Hide Post
Well Smudge....I hope you're happy !! Big Grin You've started an itch for me re: getting a Stribog !! Around here, I can't actually get my hands on one to see how it fits my small hands and short, fat fingers.
Any impressions on length of trigger pull and size of grip ?? (I'm good with AR grips.) Thanks ! Big Grin

Posts: 1295 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Well, the factory lower has more or less the dimension of an AR lower with an A2 grip installed, but without the duck bill. In fact, grip cores and plugs meant to fit an A2 grip will fit the grip on the factory lower. Trigger reach isn’t bad, again, like an AR. Factory trigger also isn’t bad, honestly. It’s a shorter pull and crisper than the mystery trigger I have in my Lingle lower now. I thought it was the ALG I had, but if it is, I’m super unimpressed with it.

Replacement lowers of the various flavors change it straight over to AR grips, triggers, and safeties, so there’s always that if you find the factory lower is an issue. A3 Tactical makes the most affordable one at around $190. I think dimensionally speaking, you should be fine. Smile

And yeah, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve opened a thread and wound up spending money off it. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info and your time !!

Posts: 1295 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I love this one. It's an RRA with a Colt block installed, and takes 32 round Colt stick magazines.

As shown, it has a 16 inch barrel, since the lower left the factory as a rifle. This makes it very accurate at 50 yards and also ensures low noise and virtually no recoil. With a 10.5 upper, it would be perfect, but I would have to do that on a separate pistol build with a different lower.

Honestly, though. This is a fantastic home defense firearm. Accurate, hard hitting, low noise, zero flash, light, and agile.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12915 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
and agile

and your kidding right? I get there are many reasons why one would not want an SBR (or a braced pistol while for the moment they are legal) for some purposes and in some States but if those don't apply to you there is simply no reason for a 16" barrel in 9mm for home defense when you can get all the benefits of 9mm in packages that are way way shorter even actually suppressed. And with that you actually get low noise, zero flash.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11160 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post