SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Do you have an upper level 22 LR rifle? Please tell us about it.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you have an upper level 22 LR rifle? Please tell us about it. Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
You're thinking that CZ-USA Firearms is a scam site?

After that possibility was raised I went through the process to the payment methods on the linked site and I believe they were all the "instant payment" types we have been warned about.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm certain it is. Tons of red flags.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Hopefully we were wrong about that site, but on the subject of CZ rimfires, the LRP model is evidently discontinued. Would one of the MTR models be the appropriate replacement?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alptraum:
quote:

I'm certain it is. Tons of red flags.

CZ-USA.com is the web site for everything CZ.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I have Compass Lake Engineering AR-15 upper in 22lr. It's built with a Walther barrel, and will shoot as well as any rifle in 10M smallbore. I've shot it out to 100 yards and it'll hold just under 1" with the old SK made paper box Wolf MT.

I just got a Bergara B14r. So far it will group 1" at 100 yards with SK Pistol Match, Eley Match, and Tenex.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:

Not sure of your point. This is what is suspected of being a scam site:
czusafirearms.com

It's not the same as CZ-USA.com, and other legitimate sites do sell CZ firearms, such as EuroOptic.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:

Not sure of your point. This is what is suspected of being a scam site:
czusafirearms.com

It's not the same as CZ-USA.com, and other legitimate sites do sell CZ firearms, such as EuroOptic.

Just pointing out the actual company web site for CZ in the USA.

Scammers have gotten very very good at building what appear to be legit e-commerce web sites, and always use a play on words to make you think you're on a legit company site. I got taken for a few bucks a little while back by a look alike sports memorbilia site. PP made good on my loss, but it was a bit of an eye opener as to how good the fakes have become.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Understand. Thanks.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Picked up this Anschutz 1416HB from FFL today. It is a 2014 year production. Wood was better than expected. I have a new set of springs coming in to adjust the trigger pull. It is in the 2# range now, since this will not be a hunting gun I will tune that down to 1#. I have a 36 X 40 Weaver scope to mount on it for 50 yard paper punching. Very pleased with the purchase.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: got2hav1,

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2746 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by got2hav1:
Picked up this Anschutz 1416HB from FFL today.

Very nice. Now, don't forget the range report. Smile

6.4/93.6

— Plato

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Yes, I was indeed scammed by czusafirearms.com. I did not do due diligence, walked into it despite fraud warning by Chase bank.
An e-mail from CZ-USA.com confirmed (unfortunately after the fact) that they have been trying to get the site shut down.
And yes, the LRP rifle was discontinued in 2021, I guess because it did not sell--posters on snipers hide.com hated the style.

I should have known it was a scam site because they claimed to have all the models that no one else has; and--as noted above--they did not accept credit card payments.

Anyway, that's that; I have now ordered a Varmint MTR through gunsamerica.com from a store in Pennsylvania, and have spoken by phone to confirm the firearm is in stock.

Posts: 18040 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear about your experience, but thanks for confirming and letting us know.
I will be interested in your range report with the MTR.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much, Sigfreund, which you surely are.
My anticipation remains undimmed, however!

Posts: 18040 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have an AR-22, built up with a custom barrel and Geissele trigger. Shoots very similar to a high end single shot. I shot with a group of dedicated .22 riflemen, and they were very impressed at the groups. Best groups were 3/8", and others very close. Was at a windy range, and I was not reading the wind. 100 yard range.

-c1steve

Posts: 4050 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
imgur is not helping me today....

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1086 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sunburn:
imgur is not helping me today....

Here is yours and your description. Thank you. That is the sort of thing I'm interested in. Smile

"Here are two targets shot 4 years apart, same gun and ammo for both. A Remington 40x, 1959, stock except for the trigger.
Targets at 100 yards, 5 shots each, Eley Match ammo, targets shot in club matches. They are exceptional groups, but please note the lack of targets in the years between these two that are not as good."

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
My custom spring set came in today for the Annie. A 3 spring kit for the trigger. I selected the middle weight spring for the install. About a 10 minute job resulting in a 15 ounce trigger pull on my Lyman digital gauge. Bumped the stock pretty hard and no discharge and tested safety for function. Also replaced the original slot head action screws with allen head screws all parts from JP Custom Products. Now as soon as my scope gets here I'll be ready to see how it all performs. Stay tuned.

Posts: 2746 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Spring is a bad time to shoot outside I guess...another windy day in NC. I set up with my new rest and CZ455:
A Front mechanical rest with a Protektor Model lower unit.
A D.R. Greenlaw windage upper unit with adjustable stop & Protektor Model Small Owl Ear bag.
A Protektor Model tall Rabbit Ear Rear Bag with Hard Bottom & slick silver insert.
I really like this. It is much easier to shoot from than my one-piece rest. I tested ammo and action screws today. This is after replacing my barrel with a MTR version. (Nothing wrong with the original Varmint barrel just wanted to see if the MTR was better.) Ammo used was TAC22 (which did better than expected), Lapua Midas +, and RWS50, and 100. Action screws at start of the session were 20/20. My best group of the day was R50 with screws set at 22/14. ( I measured .197" CC 5 rounds) I set up at 30 yards due to the wind. I will got to 50 next trip out. This is a brand new barrel from CZ so I believe with some more rounds it will get better. Potential there?

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by got2hav1:
CZ455

Another CZ. Roll Eyes
Wink

They are definitely getting my attention.

But in keeping with my request for range reports, here is one of mine.

The rifle is a Winchester model 52 (no letter—52E?) and the scope a 20× Redfield model 3200 with fine crosshairs and 1/4" dot. I purchased the rifle used in late 1974 from a Tucson gun shop. I used it for a number of years in NRA “smallbore” competitions first with iron sights and then with the scope.

After languishing in storage for several years my interest in precision rimfire shooting prompted me to take it to the range to zero and practice my bench techniques.

Some groups from 50 yards with SK Standard Plus ammunition that has performed well for me with other guns and has a good Internet reputation for many people. After firing 30 rounds on another target the groups tightened up, which is often reported as a particular type of ammo “seasons” the bore (I don’t know what I used the last time I fired the gun). These six groups averaged 0.378 inch center to center, or about 0.72 minute of angle.
I have watched countless reviews of 22 Long Rifle ammunition and guns, and I don’t believe this classic has anything to be ashamed of in terms of precision.

Added: I checked a couple of serial number lists and evidently my rifle was made in 1967, or about seven years before I bought it used.. Although the model number on the receiver is just “52” with no letter suffix, the serial number begins with “E” so I assume that applies to the model, i.e., 52E. I have read that the E models didn’t include the letter with the model number.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigfreund,

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Good looking rifle and nice shooting Smile