SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Do you have an upper level 22 LR rifle? Please tell us about it.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you have an upper level 22 LR rifle? Please tell us about it. Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Sa ... weet!
Thanks for sharing. Smile

7/93

Posts: 45742 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Nice targets, got2have1.

Posts: 14183 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Nice targets, got2have1.

Thanks, I'm still working at it. Smile

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2479 | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I had my CZ457 Varmint scoped but had not shot it until today. I converted this from .22WMR to .22LR and added a MTR CZ barrel. Scope is a Weaver Grand Slam 6-20 X 40mm with medium D3 rings. Spent a few rounds getting the scope dialed in. Switched over to some serious ammo ( Center X). Shows some potential so time to practice. Made a nice looking package. All shots at 50 yds.
Also had to sight in the CZ455 now outfitted with a Lothar Walther SS barrel. Breech gap is set at .047". It chamber all rounds tried and extracted everything. The scope on this one is a new Clearidge 6-20 X 40mm . It also shows some potential in fact both shot about the same. See targets upper half of both targets were used to sight in. Again Center X was used on the lower half.
I love to shoot both these and my VPT457. Going to have to have a shoot out soon. To much fun!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: got2hav1,

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Nice results. Thanks for the update.

I am enjoying my Ruger 77/22 very much, but I would be happier with a chassis type stock and unfortunately the rifle was discontinued long enough ago that evidently no one wants to support in that way. I therefore keep thinking I “need” something different to scratch that itch. I have a couple of expensive options in mind, but also keep telling myself that I’d never do anything to use their capabilities and should lower my sights (NPI) a bit—especially when seeing what these rifles are capable of.

7/93

Posts: 45742 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Nice results. Thanks for the update.

I am enjoying my Ruger 77/22 very much, but I would be happier with a chassis type stock and unfortunately the rifle was discontinued long enough ago that evidently no one wants to support in that way. I therefore keep thinking I “need” something different to scratch that itch. I have a couple of expensive options in mind, but also keep telling myself that I’d never do anything to use their capabilities and should lower my sights (NPI) a bit—especially when seeing what these rifles are capable of.

It's a deep rabbit hole for sure. I doubt very few of us can take advantage of what CZ,Tika or Begara has to offer. If I can ever clear a 2500 ARA target I'm going to wall hang it! LOL. Big Grin

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I'm away from home for a while, but look forward to a shoot-off between my MTR, the 457 Lux, and the Ruger 10/22 with Kidd barrel.

Posts: 17055 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I'm away from home for a while, but look forward to a shoot-off between my MTR, the 457 Lux, and the Ruger 10/22 with Kidd barrel.

Be sure to post the results. Smile

7/93