SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Sigforum "Postal Match"
Page 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigforum "Postal Match" Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
it takes some force to push the roofing nail fasteners through it.

And, apparently, bullets! Eek

Posts: 9223 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

CZ TS2, Atlanta Arms 100gr 9MM Steel Challenge, Android Dry Fire Par timer app, 3 strings of 6 shots <8 seconds@

Posts: 16183 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Awesome shooting sir! That's some hard-fought success right there!

Posts: 9223 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Got the slide back for my P226 and mounted my 407K tonight. Of course I had to go test it. Closest I've come yet to cleaning it under time. Stupid inside scoring, lol.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
92fstech, a most noble endeavor!

Posts: 16183 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Not one to leave well enough alone, I just had to try it a week ago with the Hi Power. Hammer bites are real.
Less than 8 seconds:
T1 -1
T2 -2
T3 -2

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hammer bites are real.

Indeed, lol. I miss that old Remington Rand 1911 we had to send back, even if it did bite me like a rabid dog every time I shot it.

I gave this one another go the other day, and don't remember the exact score, but it wasn't clean. I'm going to keep working on it, but I think it's time to move on (probably well past that time, actually!). Any ideas for something new?

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Ummmmm. Not right offhand.

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
I missed 92fstech’s welcome back way back in April. I thought that the two of you had your own thing going so I stayed away. For that I apologize. The target you are using is the same as months ago. The comment that you’re ready to move on was taken as “time for a new target or challenge. That I will look forward to. I had intended to go to the outdoor range to practice for the drills I have coming up Wednesday evening. The 95° temp here in Columbus didn’t have to work very hard to change my mind. Yesterday I went to the indoor range for a couple hours. I was working on target acquisition and accuracy. Using my trusty 9mm M&P Compact and my newly acquired P-365XL, my patterns were a little tighter with the 365XL. So that’s the gun I’ll use for the drills next week. I’ll have to use the owb holster from my P365 because I only have an IWB holster for the XL. I had a Carbine Low Light class a couple weeks ago. My interpretation of “low light” and the instructor’s were way different. It was dark. I mean zero light. Some guys had weapon mounted lights. I did not. It wasn’t impossible for me to short flash my hand held light, but holding it and the carbine together was more than I want to handle in the future. I bought a TLR-7 sub for my XL, but now need to find a light the works for me for the AR15. Other than that, the pain that the February 6th Surgery was supposed to alleviate is still as bad as it was on February 5th. That brings you up to date on my thrilling life. I’m ready to move on to the next target. Go guys, go.

Posts: 197 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the poor surgery results, David. Welcome back.

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
I only told you about it so if I shoot really lousy, I’ll have an excuse.

Posts: 197 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DBGarlikov:
I only told you about it so if I shoot really lousy, I’ll have an excuse.

Lol I feel like you've earned that one! I'm sorry you're not getting any relief, though Frown.

It's 95+ here too, which is horrible. It's killing my garden, and makes life miserable, especially in duty gear. I know that's just another Friday for you, Richard, but there's a reason I refuse to go to Florida in the summer, and it seems horrifically unfair that we get down into the double-digit negatives in the winter and then have to endure this as well!

I got out with the rifle and my 642 for a little practice this morning before it got too hot, and then hid in the house until I took my youngest out on the boat this evening to fish. We ended up jumping in the water because it was just roasting out there.

Anyway, I've got to work traffic for our town's annual triathlon on the morning. I'll try to think up something while I'm doing that and doing my best to avoid heat stroke, but if one of you guys comes up with something first, by all means post it and we'll give it a go!

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
ALright, so here's one we can try. There's a bit of a backstory.

Today while I was working an intersection for the race there was a huge explosion. A power transformer a few blocks down and shorted out and blew a fuse. The chief and our SRO were down that way working another intersection, so I naturally accused them of getting bored and shooting at the power infrastructure Big Grin.

I'm not 100% sure what actually happened today (I do know that nobody was shooting, lol), but usually it's a squirrel getting where it shouldn't. So for this challenge, we're going to protect the power grid and save people's vital access to air conditioning. We'll do this by shooting the tree rats before they can complete a circuit and short out the grid.

Target: Download and print this image that I borrowed off the internet. Print it in landscape and size it to fill the page.

According to the internet, a typical power pole is about 30 feet high, so we'll shoot this at 10 yards. Squirells do move a lot, but they don't shoot back and ours are a bit smaller than life-size, so we'll say no time constraint.

They're destructive varmints, so you can shoot them as many times as you want. 1 point per hit. The catch is, if you miss and put one into the sky, there's a chance that's gonna hit something downrange and we can't have that. -1 point for every "sky" miss. If you miss and hit the infrastructure that we're trying to protect (lines, brackets, or any part of the pole), that's a DQ and you have to start over.

You have to hit each squirrel at least once for a qualifying target.

Pistol choice is any service-caliber automatic.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 92fstech,

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Just ran out to the range and tried this with the P226. I took 5 targets, and managed to DQ every one of them. I need to quit while I'm ahead and not get greedy.

1: I put my first round right into the cable eyelet. DQ.

2. This one was going kind of OK until I stuck one in the power pole. DQ.

3. I was pretty happy with this one until I realized that one of those rounds clipped the top of the pole. DQ.

4. This one was going very well. I should have stopped, but I wanted to try for more points and clipped the cable underneath the squirrel on the right. DQ.

5. My last target wasn't going well. I was trying to make up for the misses, and managed to drill the cable. DQ.

This is going to require another attempt. It's do-able, I just need to learn to not throw away a good thing by taking unnecessary chances.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
T1:

Shot one's nose off, ripped the other a new one, and either 4 sky hits, or an equipment hit DQ with 3 sky hits.

T2: Five sky hits and cut the cable under squirrel.

T3: Three sky hits, one solid hit, the other hit in the tail feathers and hit the post DQ

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
It doesn't look like you got the cable, so 2 points for the squirrel hits, -4 for the sky, and you're currently in the lead with -2. This is going well Big Grin!

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
You realize we are shooting at micro-squirrels <2 inches long, from 30 feet away, in city limits and violating rule #4?

Big Grin

https://squirreluniversity.com...quirrels-leave-nest/

Newborn: Pink, no fur, eyes closed, about 2-3 inches long

2 weeks: Light fur growing on back, eyes still closed
3 weeks: About 4 inches long, lower front teeth emerging, eyes closed

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Yup Big Grin.

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
I will use hollow points and won’t miss. I hope! The range opens on Tuesday and I have drills on Wednesday. I will use the squirrel to practice, even though I can’t shoot from holster or shoot while moving. I have to do both Wednesday.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Had to drop my wife off at the airport today, so we hit up the regional gun shop circuit on the way home. Stumbled into a decent price on a RIA 1911 and Noah talked me into bringing it home. It wasn't hard...I've been missing have a basic GI-style 1911 in the house since we sent the DRMO guns back.

We took it to the range to break it in, and compare it to my Springfield, and decided to shoot some squirrels. Noah got a +1 with the Rock Island and I managed a big fat zero with my Springfield thanks to a nasty trigger jerk.