SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Sigforum "Postal Match"
Page 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigforum "Postal Match" Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Very nice, Blume!

Gives us hope. Smile

Posts: 15970 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I would have sworn 8 seconds was plenty of time... but if you look the last two I have a time penalty. I used my iPhone timer and could not believe how quick 8 seconds is.

And keep in mind I passed the Front Sight qualification test multiple times... and one of these is drawing from concealed and putting two rounds in center mass in less than 2 seconds... at 9ft. they give you just under 3 seconds for the same at 45ft.

I'm going to try it again, the issue is at my gun club I can only do this when there is no one else on the pistol range....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Shot it again yesterday. Probably 10 or 12 attempts.

This was the closest I came to making time (3 out)

I decided to slow it down and not totally disregard the clock, but not worry so much about it. Still couldn't get them all in. This was the closest I came. Wasn't even my left hand that screwed me:

Finally, when I only had one taget left I decided "F this, I'm getting the rifle!" 9mm AR from the low ready, first 6 two hands off the right shoulder, second six right hand only off the right shoulder, and last six two hands again but off the left shoulder. Would have been under time, too, but apparently yesterday was the day that my CMMG bolt decided to eat it's second ejector spring, so I had to deal with some malfunctions. The rounds on the right were the right-hand-only shots. When something really needs killing, grab the long gun Big Grin!

Posts: 8840 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
92fstech, I've noticed that PCC's consistently outperform handguns at Steel Challenge and IDPA.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15970 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
So, I was going to try it with the .32 ACP Beretta 81BB because smaller calibers have an advantage with inside scoring.

Cleaning and lubing before going to the range was a mistake; I had trouble reassembling, got frustrated and took the M9A3 instead.

Shot one practice and four for score, indoors so had to pick up from table. Used Dry Fire Par Timer app on phone.
All targets less than 8 seconds but not very accurate. At least I am consistent. My accuracy consistently sucks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
At least you're under time. I can't even get there, lol. Working this weekend again...will try again Monday or Tuesday.

Posts: 8840 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
I’ll put my Faxon Bantam up against most with just a pistol. Maybe not the fastest to get on target from the trunk, but accuracy at any distance is outstanding.

Back surgery is over and I feel like I couldn’t even pick up my P365.

Posts: 190 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Glad you got through the surgery ok. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Heal quickly and well, David.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Damn your inside scoring, Richard! Mad Razz

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
OoooOoo, victory is within reach.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
But not within mine, apparently.

Beretta 81BB, Dry Fire app on phone, indoors so started from bench, mixed leftover ammo from
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...400091305#1400091305

Practice target was promising, only -2.

Results digressed rapidly from there:
T1 -4, T2 -8, T3 -5, T4 -8, T5 -6. Targets immediatley relegated to the recycle bin upon return. Big Grin

There's something debilitating with being aware of that approaching 8 second par time beep.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Again, today with the M9.

I don't even wanna talk about it.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Don't feel bad. The frustration is real here, too. 16 degrees today and I wanted to try out a padded glove my wife made me for the 329PD, so I brought the P228 and some targets along for the ride.

I managed to get them all under time, with 5 out. Also shot it it clean, but way over time (almost double left-handed), and my best run was one out, but over time on both one-handed stages.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Not bad, 92fstech.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
CZ TS2 MM. Dry Fire Par Time app, all <8 seconds, from the table:

T1 -3, T2 -3, T3 -2

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nice work, getting closer!

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I was proving the last three of my house guns, two Sig P239s and my Sig MK25 that I converted to 357sig... then I realized it had two milk bottle targets and decided to cheat and use the MK25 with the laser .... still did not meet my passing standard... did good on the 1st target and then lost it on the single handed one on the first DA shot and also was over by a second then the left handed one I was over by 2 seconds.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Getting closer, good work!

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Nice Blume9mm!

We gotta keep coming at it.