SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Sigforum "Postal Match"
Page 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigforum "Postal Match" Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Noah is a prodigy!

Posts: 16151 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Shot it last week.
T1: Pardini GT-45, 185gr HP .45ACP ; 8 sky, two squirrel, 1 FP&L DQ

T2: 329PD, 200gr "Cowboy" .44 Spec; 2sky, 1 squirrel 2 FP&L DQ

Posts: 16151 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
And then, not for score,
Marlin 39A, .22 short HV HP CCI, offhand The right tool for the Job Big Grin

Still, 7 sky, 7 squirrel, no FP&L DQ's, so there is that. Big Grin

A zero, my personal best. lol Too bad its not within the match parameters.

P.S. 92fstech, we might as well ask parabellum to delink the postal matches from the SIG Pistols thread. We aren't adding new interested shooters and its just cluttering up the thread.

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
I shot it last week. I think I did better than a zero but not by far. As soon as I finish my breakfast, I’ll send it in. This would be better with a 22 rifle at 75 feet or 25 yards whichever is closer. With a scope at that distance and a 22 I may be able to hit it better than zero.

Posts: 197 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
By the way, 30 feet is far too distant for these old eyes to even see the squirrels.

I have two squirrel targets in my photostream, but can't seem to get them to show up here.

HELP!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DBGarlikov,

Posts: 197 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Oooh...a 329. Now you're really upping the challenge, lol. Mine is plenty accurate to do this, but the human factor (and by that I mean pain!) would be...well...a factor!

I shot it again yesterday afternoon with the Revenant P226 and managed to control myself and quit while I was ahead. 4 Squirrel (2 spine shots, a headshot, and an asshole!) and 1 sky, for a total of 3.

Posts: 9165 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
What about a members only Facebook group. It’s a lot easier to post images and if it isn’t called “Sig” anything,there may be an opportunity to grow. Just a suggestion for what it’s worth.

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
Three? Three What?

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
3 points. 4 hits on the squirrels at one point each, minus one point for the miss.

I don't have FB, or any other social media outside of gun forums for that matter. I dumped it years ago and won't be going back.

Posts: 9165 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

6 sky, two DQ, 2 squirrel = -4

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I think we've killed enough micro-squirrels...any ideas for something else, Richard?

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Repeat

https://www.jamestownrifleclub.org/lightrifle.html

The only requirements for Light Rifle is that your rifle must weigh less than 8.5lbs (including sights/scope) and your trigger weight must not be less then 2.5lbs (for safety). Rifles are not categorized by action or sight type and magazines may be used to load and shoot your targets.

The Course of Fire is a total of 30 shots (3 targets) each week in the Standing position. Per NRA Rules, all shooters may rest their forearm in their side while shooting. Fired targets are submitted to the Light Rifle Captain each week for league record keeping. If you would like to shoot ahead in order to make sure you don't miss a league night, that is permitted, just please notify the Captain in advance. Each target fired consists of 10 record shots (2 shots per record bullseye) and unlimited sighters on the NRA A-32 target (above) in a time limit of 15 minutes. "

So, print 3 of these targets, (edited to add) post them at fifty feet, fire two shots on each record bull for total of 30, with unlimited shots on the sighter bullseye, all in a 15 minute period.
https://bisonballistics.com/do...-light-rifle-50-foot

Top center is the sighter bull.

For scoring, here is a link to the official targets (The center dot is the 'X'):
https://domagron.com/wp-conten...81ccd3322-scaled.jpg

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Cool I enjoyed this one last time. We'll give it a go!

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Snuck out after work for a quick range session this evening. Took the old Glenfield 25 and some Aguila Super Extra...love the smell of that stuff.

261-3X

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting, 92fstech!

I used my SuperHeroPower: breaking my guns.

10-.22, Federal Automatch.
Was having worse than usual iron sight picture problems.

After completing one disappointing target, turned rifle to lay it down, and had to search for the missing rear aperture assembly. Found it on the floor between my feet.

Ah, well...

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
had to search for the missing rear aperture assembly

Yeah, this one is hard enough WITH sights! Eek

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
6/14/24, Remington 582, 4X Leupold, Winchester 40gr HP.First two cold shot sighters. Big Grin
NO sky, two squirrel not DQ +2 Big Grin

Oh. right. We've moved on.
Razz
Light rifle match for score 262-2X

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Beat me by one...just had to do it, didn't ya Big Grin?

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Huh? You beat me by 1X.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I thought the Xs were just for tie breaker? Your 262 beats my 261.