SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Sigforum "Postal Match"
Page 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 63
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigforum "Postal Match" Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Sounds good to me, I'll give it a try!

Posts: 8631 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
I can’t do anything from concealment at my range.

Posts: 187 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DBGarlikov:
I can’t do anything from concealment at my range.

Can you run it from an open holster? If so just do it that way, or from the low ready if they won't allow that. No judgement here...you've gotta work within your range rules.

Posts: 8631 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The one thing I have always thought CrossFit does well is scaling. If the WOD calls for strict pull ups, they always have options. If you can’t do strict pull ups, do kipping pull ups. If you can kip, do band assist. If you can’t do band assist, do ring rows, and on and on.

That’s the way I look at drills. Adapt them
To where you’re still putting in work.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37118 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
We fought with the U-joints in Noah's truck for the better part of the day. Stupid 2-piece driveshaft with double-cardan CV joints. Got one section replaced, then on the second CV joint section a U-joint siezed and the driveshaft flange gave before the U-joint did....so I broke the drivesahft. I was already about $300 into this stupid project in parts and tools...and now I'm into it for another $275 (but at least the replacement shaft won't have the stupid CV joints). On the upside, failing at that freed us up to go shoot this afternoon.

We both shot it multiple times. Because it's from concealment, the big 320 stayed home and the carry model came along. My initial cold run was a 98 in 9.79 seconds. Like an idiot, in spite of the fact that the scoring for this drill doesn't reward anything under 10 seconds, I felt the need to go faster. Best I was able to do was 8.60, but my score suffered a bit. I should have kept the same pace and worked on accuracy.

Noah had trouble making the time. He has less experience coming out of the holster, and he is a bit more deliberate about that initial DA shot with his CZ75. He stayed under 11 seconds for every run, though. His cold run scored an 82 in 10.82 seconds (I missed that one little guy down low when I scored it at the range). He did get faster as we shot, and his best run under time was an 82 in 9.92. It would have been a 92 but he dropped another down low left on his very last shot. His first shot (the DA one) was the one in the X-Ring. Overall I thought he did very well...a litte less deliberation on that initial shot to save a little time and then being a bit more consistent and intentional about acquiring his sights for the followup shots and he'd have it.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
DEC 10, 2023 Postal match.
I got lucky, had a whole bay to myself at the outdoor range so I could shoot at ten yards, drawing from cover, and using CED7000.

CZ 97, irons, 185GR ,45 ACP, draw from OWB concealment, 30 feet, two hands.

T1: 82, 11.05 secs. 82-5=77
T2: 73, 11.40 seconds, 73-10=63
T3: 80, 10.3 seconds, 80-5=75
T4: 96, 20.91 seconds, 96-55=41
T5: 74, 11.40 seconds, 74-10=64
T6: 94 ( not 95), 9.85 seconds
After target 6, I finally remembered my training; after firing the prescribed string of ten rounds, reloaded, scanned surroundings, reholstered, and checked self for injuries before interval.
T7: 65, 9.80 seconds
T8: 62, 9.97 seconds
T9: 96, 12.32 seconds, 96-15=81

Target 6 is the only one going on the refrigerator. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nice work, Richard, and with a .45! I was tempted to try it with my P220 but didn't think I could get a reload in under time, lol.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Thanks, 9sfstech, but that 94 was an outlier.

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post

7.4 seconds.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37118 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
Seriousl, How do I do this without having concealment or cover at my indoor range? I want to do it right.

Posts: 187 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Jones, your pic didn't load, but that's damn fast! What was the score?

David, if you can't draw from cover, I'd say adding a half second to your time would be a reasonable handicap to make up for not having to clear a cover garment. Add a full second if you can't draw from a holster at all and have to start from the low ready.

I know you kind of lose out on the practice and self-improvement aspect of that part of the drill doing it that way, but you're stuck with the rules that you're stuck with, and thankfully the drawstroke portion of the drill is something you can still practice dry at home even if the range won't allow it.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
So, help me out here. I downloaded the Imgur app, hit the share button and pasted that link into the picture window here. Is there something I did wrong, or some gong I need to do?

Score was a 90 or 91, depending on if breaking the line counts or not. Glock 19 AIWB under a hoodie.

www.opspectraining.com

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I'm not real familiar with imgur, but from what I can tell, your link is missing the URL markup (https://i.imgur.com/etc....). When I right click on the image, it's linked to some .bin file. There should be some kind of link in your app to give you the full address that you can paste into the sigforum photo drop-down.

I think I managed to get to it by using the bin file, but I'm on my phone and have no way to resize it, so sorry guys it's gonna be big:

Edited photo out because Richard got it re-sized below

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 92fstech,

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
jljones, It might be different on a smartphone app ...

On Windows desktop, open imgur in your browser, go to your own collection of uploaded images, click on the one you want,

then from the drop down box

click 'copy' BB Code,

Then paste that link directly into the Sigforum 'reply' window, not using the 'image url' box.

It seems much more efficient to crop and resize the images before uploading to imgur rather than the edit features within imgur.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Reduced to 640X480

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
Real Nice Shooting Richard. Not sure how to do it, but I’ll shoot it somehow on Tuesday.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Thank you, David.

Perhaps, just lay your pistol on the shooting table in front of you; that should provide a time handicap roughly equivalent to shooting from a garment concealed holster.

If you don't have a shot timer, try

"Dry Fire Par Timer" app on your smartphone.
Mine is Android, but it might be available for iPhone users, too.

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Richard. That’s what I was planning on because I couldn’t figure any way to simulate shooting from behind cover. We do that in my advanced defensive pistil class, but we aren’t timed. I’ll be at the range tomorrow.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Just to be sure we're on the same page, I'm pretty sure that when Jones referenced drawing from concealment he meant starting with the gun in a holster under a cover garment like a sweatshirt or jacket. Basically, you're bringing the gun into action as you would when conceal-carrying, as opposed to from an uncovered open-carry holster like a duty or competition rig.

He's not talking about standing behind/shooting around an object that provides cover or concealment for the shooter.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Well, now that you mention it, I’m going to shoot it off of a barricade next…..

www.opspectraining.com