SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Sigforum "Postal Match"
Page 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 67
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigforum "Postal Match" Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nice work Richard! I need to shoot this one again...I'm determined to shoot it clean.

Posts: 9120 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
It’s hard to use my timer at my range. I’ll try Sunday morning, hopefully all he other shooters will still be in church, at Cracker Barrel or too hung over to go to the range. This one sounded pretty easy, until I read about the back & forth between targets.

Posts: 197 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
David, if you don t see me, I' m at Cracker Barrel drinking pots of coffee trying to sober up before Church. Maybe.
Smile

Posts: 16140 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
Here I am, trying to be serious, and you make a joke out of it. Enjoy your breakfast!

Posts: 197 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm working all day, so no church, no drinking, and worst of all no range time! lol

Posts: 9120 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
I guess that you need to learn some priorities.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DBGarlikov:
I guess that you need to learn some priorities.

Lol I don't disagree. I actually tried to get to the range for a bit with one of the county instructors, but I found a crashed and abandoned car by the golf course first thing (gifts from night shift), and then it was all down hill from there. Dealt with four separate mental cases in 12 hours, on a Sunday no less. Thankfully this was my "Friday", so I get the next two off.

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
WOW!

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Shot it this morning with my new-to-me basket-case surplus P228. Managed a couple of clean runs, this one was the best at right around 15.8 seconds.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Good eye, 92fstech!

Posts: 16140 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting fstech!

I shot this one with my S&W M&P 2.0 9mm. Time was 18.0. At 30' I couldn't see the lines very well, but I new the area that was safe. I honestly don't know if any shots went through and hit the robot.

M&P by David Garlikov, on Flickr

I shot this one with my Sig P-320 9mm. Time was 19.47
Sig by David Garlikov, on Flickr

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting, David!

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Yes, indeed, this match is working out well! Big Grin

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
This is one of my favorites so far. Realistic expirations on the target. A time limit that pushed me a little and I like the side by side, back & forth. Thirty feet is a good distance for me, especially with my astigmatism. It turns the red dot into a squigely line.

I saw one recently with squares and rectangles, each with a number 1-4. They weren’t in order. It was a side by side like this one, and you had to shoot each number with that many shots. I don’t remember if you had to go by numerical order or not, but you had to change mags at some point. A time limit would need to be figured out by shooting it a few times before posting it online.

I shoot enough bulls eyes on my own. They’re ok, but something like the current challenge is a lot more fun, and still good practice.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I thought this particular target, posted side by side, with a time limit would add insecurity to target identification and a bit of time urgency, given the restraints of online static target availability.

I once gut-shot an innocent (actor) in a Simunitions Force on Force training session a convenience store scenario.

The instructor/actor was very theatrical and good at it. In the days following, I seriously considered giving up my CCW and practice of carrying a firearm, but came to a better reality.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Yep. It definitely brings it home when you're dealing with real people and have a realization of the consequences of even small mistakes. IMO it's good to have to process that, though. It builds a healthy sense of reality and responsibility...and an appreciation for why we need to train!

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
David, it looks like you took the win on this one with a pair of clean targets. Congrats and nice shooting, sir! What do you want to do next?

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
Targets 9:15:23 by David Garlikov, on Flickr

These are from last Friday at the outside range. Shot with my P-365. I'm glad that this wasn't my entry, because my gun wasn't shooting straight. Ignore the "left/right" comments I got them backwards.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
my gun wasn't shooting straight

I've used that excuse before, too! Razz Wink

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
Pool Balls by David Garlikov, on Flickr

What I'm thinking is; with two magazines, one with 7 rounds and one with 8. With timer set, from 10 feet, shoot all 15 balls in numerical order. Shooting a ball out of order must receive a second shot immediately and adds 5 seconds to your time. The link to the target is https://1drv.ms/i/s!AhwTrR06C2...sWEU8M6DWdO?e=wY37SH Be sure to print it in Landscape. Time is the only thing I'm looking for.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DBGarlikov,