SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Sigforum "Postal Match"
Page 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 63
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigforum "Postal Match" Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
David, I've had fun shooting your match suggestions. Smile

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
David, I've had fun shooting your match suggestions. Smile

As did I. It was a good challenge!

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
Thanks Richard & FStech! The only screw-up was in scoring, but with a perfect 2,000 in the lead it didn’t mean a lot to try and tally.

Posts: 187 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
You guys leave it up to me, you know I'll come up with some hybrid one hand bullseye match using weird-ass targets.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Do it!

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
Ditto!

Posts: 187 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Be caeful what you ask for! Big Grin

I have a running battle with big yellow (adult) lubber grasshoppers. They eat my giant lillies.

https://gardeningsolutions.ifa...er-grasshoppers.html

This re entry match is for rimfire and/or airgun any sights handguns, to be posted at ten meters/ 33feet.

You may shoot any number of sighters but then shoot one ten shot match target for score. Ten minutes for ten shots.

You may re enter a target only once a day for the duration of the match.
Shoot one time or many, your option.
Oh, OK, two hands. :eyeroll:

Scoring: ten shots, only hits with half or more of the projectile diameter
through the head, thorax or abdomen of the little bastard count. They are tough. They laugh at weak-ass fly spray.

Download and print this target: https://tinyurl.com/c6w68em2

When printed, it just about fills an 8/12" x 11" page.
It is 8 1/2" from tail tip to head and 2 1/4" at the widest part dorsal to ventral.

About to leave for the indoor range to try it out.
If the target doesn't print properly for everyone, we'll think of something else.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Awesome, I'm in! Last day in AK tomorrow...going to Denali. Hoping for the crummy weather to clear because I really want to see it.

Should be home Tuesday, and while I've been up here I finally got an email from the ATF telling me my supressor is approved, so I've gotta go pick that up...that is definitely getting used for this!

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
60%. Lots of room for improvement. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Come on, guys, they're getting ahead of us!

START SHOOTING!!!

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
HAHAHAHA!

I ran it today with the MkIV and the new can. Naturally, I can't be perfect. 9/10. Gonna have to shoot it again at some point!

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Good work, 92fstech! That rig looks well balanced.

You helped to head off this abomination, a few months down the road:

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Well, when it's quiet you don't scare them off when you miss Big Grin.

The balance is definitely nice...the can is only 4oz so I barely even feel it on there. Pretty happy with the sound suppression, too...although being able to hear how many rounds actually ricochet off of rocks in the backstop is kinda scary!

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
When I printed the grasshopper, he was only about 3 inches long. I shot with my pellet gun in my basement at 30 feet. All I could do was am at the top of the piece of paper because I couldn’t see the grasshopper. I’m on my way to Jamestown Ohio for a three day rifle and pistol class with Mickey Schurch, and Carry Trainer. I will re-print the grasshopper and take him to the range with my TX 22. I did hit him twice and a bunch of shots in the middle of the paper.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DBGarlikov:
When I printed the grasshopper, he was only about 3 inches long.

He was reliving his youth

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Here's actual equipment I finally remembered to dig up for the lubbers.

Only accurate to about zero 10 feet on humid days, but we'll see how it works.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nice...I'll bet if you can make a hit with that it'll turn them into mush.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Tried it yesterday and surprisingly, found just the opposite.

Those 6MM pellets just make a clean 6MM hole clear through their abdomen or thorax (and lilly leaves), and knocks them right off.

But they climb back up almost immediately.

Only a head shot seems to be definitive.
And a head shot straight on from the front, now THAT is spectacular. Eek

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I have a disturbing correction to make to my previous post.
Head shots are not devastating.
I just went outside to spray several new arrivals, and found this sitting upright on a concrete block.

Headless, but sitting still like a live healthy grasshopper.

Whipping out my phone, and getting near for a closeup photo, the little zombie moved its legs, walking forward a couple steps. Eek

Miraculously, I didn't fall over backwards or soil myself.

Now, I am askeered ...

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
OK, that's terrifying. Zombie grasshoppers...what's next? I think you need to break out the 12ga...it's the only way to be sure!

On the upside, I think he'll have trouble eating your plants (or you!) without a face...