SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Sigforum "Postal Match"
Page 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 67
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigforum "Postal Match" Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nice, I like it! I'm working the weekend and then headed to South Dakota for a few days after that, so it may be a bit before I have a chance to shoot this, but I'm looking forward to trying it!

Posts: 9179 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Rack 'em up!

( I've been straining my brain, trying to segue that into the Lauren Boebert thread, but now I've got it out of my head. Thanks, David! Smile )

Posts: 16165 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
I’m heading to the range in a little while to try it out myself. “Eyes, Head, Gun” if I can do it on a target so small. Good luck to us all!

Posts: 197 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Tried it with the old Hi Power, haven't used it in years.
First target printed out in color, ball diameters 1 3/4 ", didn't fit the page, so I used it for practice. Discovered I was wasting time looking for the nine ball. LOL.
Black and white targets are 1 1/2" ball diameter, hope that is correct. Couldn't read the numbers, even at ten feet, so looked down at extra target on shooting ledge to orient my sequential shots. Big Grin
Slowed down, saw good sight pictures, shot it clean but in 58 seconds. Big Grin

Posts: 16165 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
You need to print it in Landscape mode. Portrait is way too small. The balls should be approximately 1 3/4” in diameter. I had to put a used target on the table in front of me and I had to refer to it several times. I’ve printed out some more targets which I’ll use tomorrow hopefully. I had a Defensive Pistol Advanced class today (Sat.) and plan to try this at the range again on Sunday. My first attempt was really good, but a drunken snail could have beat my time. I usually have the tightest group in all of my classes, but I’m almost always the slowest. I know that whoever makes the first hit has the advantage, so I must work on my speed.

Posts: 197 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
Where can we post something to get more people interested in what we are doing. I don’t remember how I found you guys, but I’m really happy that I did. I’d think that anyone interested in having fun improving their shooting would jump on this. I really appreciate you guys, but we need more guns firing.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Well that's some darn good shooting, Richard, especially considering your balls are undersized Razz Big Grin!

As to getting more participation...I'm not sure what to do about that. As always everyone is welcome, and you don't have to commit to shooting every match, either. Come and go as you can!

Posts: 9179 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
Hey Richard! I just noticed your B&w targets. Really good shooting especially in only 58 seconds and in black & white. I printed up some more targets and will be back at the range on Tuesday. I don’t think I can come close to your time, but I’ll keep trying.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DBGarlikov,

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
Learning how the balls are arranged saves a lot of time. This was shot in 56.44 seconds with my S&W M&P 9mm

url=https://flic.kr/p/2p5Bk5F]

If you shoot one twice to show that it was shot out of order, there won't be enough ammo left in the 2nd mag to complete all 15 balls. Need to use new target and start over.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Nicely done, David!

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Proper printer settinges elude me.
.40 S&W CZ TS, 165gr ball.
Two inch balls, 40 seconds raw time, no misses.
one and a ahalf inch balls, 45 seconds raw time, one miss, didn't see it, so double penalty.

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
Richard - Can you set your printer settings to “print to fit”? That may make the difference. Also set margins to the minimum. Aside, even with 2” balls 40 seconds is awesome. I thought that I was done with this one. I guess I’ve got to go back and try to improve. Eye surgery on Monday, so I’m not sure if I can do it before this one is history.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Back from South Dakota, got the trailer unpacked and the lawn mowed. Noah wanted to go shoot and I didn't need much convincing.

Decided to run a comparison between my 92X Compact and the beater P228. Got a 42.97 with the 92, one miss. That Sig though...33.45 Clean (almost missed the 15, but it broke the line so I'm counting it!). Both guns have a 15 round capacity, so the miss with the 92 forced a reload and cost some time. But that still doesn't make up for all the time difference there...that P228 is a shooter (no more light strikes since I installed the new barrel, either)!

Noah shot his 75 Compact and beat my Beretta time. He was rubbing it in pretty good until the Sig came out Big Grin!

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
Holy Cow! It takes me 33 seconds to reload. Did you change mags halfway through? That’s great shooting. I’ve got to see if I can improve my 54 seconds with my P-320.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Ah I missed the two mags thing. I did not have a reload on the P228. I'll have to shoot it again.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Coulda been worse ...

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Lol!

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
Hahaha!

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Finally got a chance to get out and shoot it after work tonight (getting harder with the daylight getting shorter). Loaded 7 and 8 this time, so I had a reload in the middle. Shot it with the work gun...33.16 clean. Faster than my P228 time even with a reload. The dot is basically cheating on this one as there's so much time saved not aligning sights.

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
Outstanding shooting. Was it fun?