SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Sigforum "Postal Match"
Page 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 63
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigforum "Postal Match" Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
My son sent me a link to this video:

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Yeah, you clearly need a bigger air rifle!

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Have gun - will travel.

But how does one entice the yellow monsters to pose in the middle of the driveway like in that video?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Shot it today with S&W Victory, Burris dot, Federal Auto Match, two hands, left eye, right eye closed. Dot much more crisp with non-master eye.
Squeaked out a 10/10.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nice work Richard!

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Thanks, 92fstech, I want to try it with an air pistol before the match is over but its been too windy to shoot oudoors at 40 feet

I wonder what kind of targets/match protocols would be more popular, to get more competitors interested?

Probably more 'combat" oriented rifle and pistol exercises/matches?

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
I will shoot it this week. Since I was away last weekend I haven’t been able to get caught up on that which must be done first.

Posts: 187 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Thanks, 92fstech, I want to try it with an air pistol before the match is over but its been too windy to shoot oudoors at 40 feet

I wonder what kind of targets/match protocols would be more popular, to get more competitors interested?

Probably more 'combat" oriented rifle and pistol exercises/matches?

Summertime just makes it harder, I think. I know I've been busy, with vacation and now covering night shift and working on the in-laws' house again. Plus it's hotter than balls outside!

Nevertheless I've still made it to the range a couple of times, and I've been meaning to shoot this one again but keep forgetting to print out and take the targets with me to the range. I have a binder full of B8s but no grasshoppers!

As to mixing it up...not sure how you'd score it for competition, but Sigfreund's pasta target looks like it would be a fun challenge, and definitely something different from the norm. I'm going to try it one way or another, but if you want we could try it as a postal match stage and see what kind of interest it garners.

I've also been playing with that Bakersfield Qual that I posted a few pages back. My method of shooting it on a B8 rather than a silhouette is tough...the times and accuracy standards are really aggressive, and I've found I'm better off incurring some time penalties in favor of making the hits. If anybody here can shoot it clean under time, I'd be very impressed. The problem is, it's fast and from the holster, so a lot of ranges probably wouldn't allow it.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
True, but we can improvise, adapt and overcome.

Or, in my case, endeavor to persevere.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I found one grasshoper target buried under some other stuff in my binder while I was at the range today, but I didn't have my .22 along, so I shot it with the P320. 8/10 (7 if that one in the front leg root doesn't count as torso). Don't ask me where that one up top came from...it was my 3rd shot and I have no idea how that happened. I'm gonna blame the heat...it was about 100 here today, and I was sweating so bad that my phone (which was in the outside cargo pocket of my shorts) started freaking out about all the sweat that ran down into the charging port. Nasty.

I primarily ran the Bakersfield qual today with the duty gun. Did 8 runs, with my best scores being a pair of 79s. Still got work to do, but at least I'm out of the 50s and 60s.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
if that one in the front leg root doesn't count as torso

Yeah, but that 10MM hole woulda killed this one and four generations of his ancestors.

Maybe I can figure a way to try the Bakersfield Qualification exercise.

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post

Shot at 33' with Taurus TX-22. I can't co-witness because no one makes suppressor height sights for the TX-22. I may have done better had I zeroed my optic after installing a new optic plate on the gun. The dot is very close to 1/2 mile above the front sight. (You get the picture) It was a fun target to shoot at, once I figured out how to print it the right size.

Posts: 187 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nice work, David!

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Yes, very nice target, David!

I tried it with Beeman P1 air pistol and non RX eyepro on the patio yesterday.

Conditions: 92°F, breezy, intermittent cloudy/sunny,

Practice/sighter: 9/10, declared match target 6/10, next attempts 9/10, 10/10.

As our league team captain says, "Some days go better than others." Big Grin

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
declared match target 6/10, next attempts 9/10, 10/10.

Yep, that sounds like something that would happen to me, lol. At least you did get a clean run in, though!

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Edited to add:

Practice target from 8/27, 10/10. Left eye closed.

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
Tougher than it looks, huh! Good shooting Richard.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DBGarlikov:
Tougher than it looks, huh! Good shooting Richard.

It is indeed! When we first printed this target, I looked at it and thought it would be easy. The size of the body is deceiving, though.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, S&W M41, Federal Champion .22LR ammo, two hands, forty feet.
Fired 9/10 practice target, no problems. Fired 7/10 on (next) declared match target
with at least 4 failures to extract/eject.

Maybe the ammo, maybe the pistol just needs cleaning but i had this deja vu feeling that this Federal 'Champion' .22LR had given me problems in the past with this and other firearms.

So out of curiosity, I next fired ten round strings of CCI Pistol Match .22LR at 50 feet on B-2 slow fire targets with no malfunctions and decent groups. I don't think I'll buy any more of the Federal Champions.

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed this challenge and would like to see more like it.