SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Sigforum "Postal Match"
Page 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 63
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigforum "Postal Match" Login/Join 
Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
Wow! The first shooter can’t be beat. I was going to say “Unbelievable”, but that could be confused. I’ll just say OUTSTANDING because it is. This afternoon, I will try to tie you. Not sure that I can come close. I got a new slide for my TX-22, but right now my Vortex Venom is so far off that I don’t know if I’ll be able to get it close to zero.

Posts: 187 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I thought about shooting the red dot gun, but figured at 10 feet the sight offset would probably just make things harder. I'd like to try it again with the mkIV a little further back. That last box took a lot of concentration not to screw the whole thing up, lol!

Posts: 8569 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Took the S&W 317 and the .38 Colt to the range. Wasn't really clear on strategy, so I fired one round at each box, single action, , except on target #3, only had 27 rounds left.
Not sure how to score them, so I'll just post pix.
#1 S&W 317 two handed.

# 2&3 Colt .38, one handed

#4 S&W 317, one handed

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
A J-frame? Dang Richard, now that's a challenge! Now you've got me wanting to try it with the 63.

Posts: 8569 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Is that similar to the S&W 317, in that the SA trigger is very nice and the Da trigger is ... um... atrocious?

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Is that similar to the S&W 317, in that the SA trigger is very nice and the Da trigger is ... um... atrocious?

I wouldn't call it atrocious, but it's definitely heavy. I think they need a little extra oomf over the centerfire guns for reliable primer ignition. My model 31 in .32 hits the sweet spot...lighter pull, and still very minimal recoil.

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
I thought about shooting the red dot gun, but figured at 10 feet the sight offset would probably just make things harder. I'd like to try it again with the mkIV a little further back. That last box took a lot of concentration not to screw the whole thing up, lol!

I shot it today trying to use a Viridian laser. I couldn’t get it zeroed so I shot two targets with the iron (plastic) sights. No-one will ever see those targets. I’ll try again Friday.

Posts: 187 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Got out again today, and took the Smith 63 and the 31.

Shot it clean with the 63 at 10 feet, two-handed, all rounds fired double-action.

And one-hand only, double-action, just to make RichardC happy. That one didn't go quite as well as the two-handed run. One round managed to hit 4 squares at once, and another went into the wrong square:

Finally, the MkIV at 7 yards. Doubling the distance makes it more than twice as hard...

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
92fstech, you aren't completely human. Those are awesome targets.

I suspect Zeus slipped in one night and brought your Mom some posies and chocolates ....

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Hardly, lol!

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
I feel like I've been to hell and back trying to figure out how to post pictures on a forum. I keep doing everything by trial and error, but when it finally works, I forget how I did it.

I did get the new mounting plate for my optic and my target shows that it works. Two stupid errors caused me from getting a perfect score. I feel like I'm on a roll now.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nice work, David...both the target and the picture! How much sight offset/holdover did you have to deal with from the optic?

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
I didn’t worry about the offset because I zeroed it for 10 feet. I shot at some small half inch dots at 10 feet several times and adjusted the optic until I hit them consistently. My first miss was because I was looking at the wrong row. The second one was because I anticipated and slapped the trigger. I didn’t time myself, but I would imagine it took me about 30 minutes to shoot the whole target. Whoever thought up the point system for this challenge should be shot. I’m going to try to tally my target over the weekend. It will probably take most of the weekend just to figure it out.

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
92fstech I thought that your first target was really good but then when I read that it was one-handed, I couldn’t believe it. Absolutely fantastic shooting. And the second target from 7 yards with only two hands, wow!

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Tried it again today,

with Kel Tec PMR-30 CCI 40gr HP .22Mag

and CZ TS2 Federal 9BP.

I'm not acing this exercise, am I? Frown

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whoever thought up the point system for this challenge should be shot.

Hey, this one was your pick, lol! But I agree, I can't figure it out either!

quote:
92fstech I thought that your first target was really good but then when I read that it was one-handed, I couldn’t believe it. Absolutely fantastic shooting. And the second target from 7 yards with only two hands, wow!

The completely clean one was with 2 hands. I threw a couple on the one-handed run. That 63-5 is a nice shooting little gun, though.

quote:

I'm not acing this exercise, am I? Frown

That TS2 target is pretty darn good. And based on my admittedly questionable understanding of the scoring ruberik, I think it would score pretty high.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Haven’t had time to do much shooting beyond some tinkering I am doing. That grid target would probably screw with my eyes at 7+ yards. 3 yards maybe.

Awesome shooting.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I'm in Alaska for the next week and a half, so I won't be doing any shooting for a while either (hopefully!). Up to you guys if you want to keep going with this one or pick something else to try.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Bon voyage!

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
I am ready for something new. My two were dogs, so I expect something better from someone else.