SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Sigforum "Postal Match"
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 63
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigforum "Postal Match" Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice seashell, by the way!

Lol thanks! My kids picked up a whole bag off the beach when we were down there a couple of weeks ago. Darn wind kept blowing the targets off the table and I needed to find something to hold it down.

If I can squeeze it in I'm headed back out after work today to try for some redemption.

Posts: 8564 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Not quite the redemption I was looking for, but it was better. This bullseye thing is an exercise in frustration. Thankfully I was alone today so I could freely exercise some colorful language throughout the process Big Grin.

For Rimfire, I used the MkIV with Volquartsen internals:

68 Slow + 78 Timed + 70 Rapid = 216 Overall

For centerfire, I had a bunch of .38 wadcutters that I'd loaded up for something else, and I've heard people say that the plow-handle grip is the most naturally-pointing grip ever made, so I decided to give the old 3-screw a try. It actually wasn't too bad...until I got to rapid fire. Then the whole plan fell apart.

Slow 69 + Timed 74 + Rapid 39 = 182 Overall

ETA: The timed/rapid targets
printed out a bit oversized today...I'm not sure why...so these results aren't official. But they're close enough to get the idea.

Posts: 8564 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Very nice improvements! by the time this match is over, we'll all be Masters. Smile

I've still need to photo and post my targets from last weekend.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Very nice targets, David!

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
I was worried that if I didn't take the best of several tries that I'd be embarrassed. However, I didn't have time to shoot and then select so I only shot once and this is what I got. Considering that I really had a hard time seeing the target, I feel pretty good with my results. With my astigmatism, the red dot on the TX22 was more of a line than a dot.

My 22 is a Taurus TX-22 with a Vortex Venom red dot. My 9mm is a S&W, M&P 2.0 Compact with a Holosun 507C red dot.

David Garlikov

Posts: 187 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Indeed, very good shooting Sir! That timed fire target is supurb!

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
RichardC - When you saw my targets originally, all six were for the 22cal, duplicated. I'm still learning about uploading photos. Thanks!

92fstech = The timed target with the 22cal wasn't exactly 10 seconds. I had a couple bad rounds so it was maybe 15 seconds. Also, with red dot sights, it certainly gives one an advantage. Thanks!

David Garlikov

Posts: 187 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Here are my targets from last weekend:

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
Impressive! What were you shooting with?

My 9mm targets disappeared overnight. I’m not doing very well at posting pics.

David Garlikov

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
S&W M41 iron sights, CCI Pistol Match .22LR.
CZ TS2 iron sights, Federal 9BP 9MM

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Richard, shooting left-eye closed definitely seemed to help...your groups tightened up really nicely on your timed and rapid fire targets, especially considering the increased time constraints. I may need to give that a try...I typically shoot handgun two eyes open, and don't plan to change that as a general rule, but for this it's worth at least experimenting with.

I didn't realize we were shooting B8s, though...I feel better about my scores now Razz Big Grin.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Richard, shooting left-eye closed definitely seemed to help...your groups tightened up really nicely on your timed and rapid fire targets, especially considering the increased time constraints. I may need to give that a try...I typically shoot handgun two eyes open, and don't plan to change that as a general rule, but for this it's worth at least experimenting with.

I didn't realize we were shooting B8s, though...I feel better about my scores now Razz Big Grin.

Oh, for crying out loud! I shot all B-8 targets. Disqualified! I'll get a chance to reshoot it again this weekend.

Also, Noah, David and 92fstech and others, I apologize for leaving out the link to a B-2 target for the slow fire stage. I'll go back and edit that, as well.

https://targets4free.com/wp-co...-by-Targets4Free.pdf

By the way, here's the bottom of my practice target; I shot George right in the earhole. Big Grin

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
All I can is thank goodness for optics.

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
You guys have some serious target pistols

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Yep, that's an earhole! Lol..sorry, obscure reference to a stupid youtube video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeFxdkaFzRA Right around 2:25, lol).

I tried again today...still improving, but slowly. I tried Right eye only, and that seemed to help. I kept catching myself skipping out on the follow-through in slow-fire, which hurt me...the mental discipline and focus necessary to do this right is tough to master, and why it's worth doing!

With the Mk IV, I got 70 Slow Fire + 87 Timed (1-X) + 79 Rapid (1-X) = 236 Overall

That mike on the rapid fire target screwed up what otherwise would have been a really decent run.

Then the P320 Duty Gun for Centerfire. I thought the dot might help, and it's always good to put in some practice with the work gun. I've gotta say that the trigger on the P320 isn't optimized for this kind of shooting. There's a very abrupt wall, which is heavy enough that it's hard to prep and roll through cleanly. I kinda want to try it with a P250 and see if the smooth DAO trigger helps with that any.

52 Slow Fire + 82 Timed + 62 Rapid (1-X) = 196 Overall

The mikes killed me.

After a couple of rounds of that I decided to try a few two-handed, just to prove to myself that I don't totally suck Big Grin.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Those offhand targets are very good. Very encouraging and challenging even!

I'm going to give my best effort to ...

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
. . . . . Print out the correct targets later this morning.

Oh, and that video with the owl earhole at 2:25 is just nasty. Ewwwww.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to seeing your targets! My wife is starting to get annoyed at all the time I've been spending at the range this week, between the bullseye stuff and load development for the No 5. I told her it's professional development...I don't think she's buying it!

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Wife went shopping with her mom this afternoon, so guess where I went Big Grin.

It was rainy and windy, and I was going back and forth between shooting the No 5 on the rifle bay every time the rain let up, and shooting on the pistol bay under the awning whenever it started again.

I only shot rimfire, but even with my weather I managed my best score yet:

81 + 87 + 86 = 254 Overall (forgive the hand and the rocks, targets kept trying to blow away)

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Fantastic, 92fstech, and under adverse conditions! Awesome! Especially, that slow fire target.

You're working the fundamentals like a rented mule.