SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Sigforum "Postal Match"
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 62
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigforum "Postal Match" Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

S&W M&P 15-22, .22 LR Federal Automatch, indoor 50' range.

48 feet, 5.50 seconds.

I rode my dualsport to the IDPA match in the morning, with the rifle slung on my back.

Not all the steel plates went down. Razz

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
I rode my dualsport to the IDPA match in the morning, with the rifle slung on my back.

Lol, I'll bet that got some looks. Was it encased, or just slung and hung? Nice shooting!

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Not encased.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
When you absolutely, positively, have to get your rifle to the range Big Grin!

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RichardC:
Looking (heh, heh) forward to your consumer's report on the EyePal product.

Okay Richard, here is my consumer’s report on EyePal. It’s not as easy as it looks in the ad. Frankly, I couldn’t see a darn thing with it on my eyeglasses. That was at the indoor range which isn’t lighted very well. I’ll try again when I’m able to shoot at the outdoor range. Standby.

David Garlikov

Posts: 185 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I am still trying to replace the suction cup on my Merit Optical Attachment

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
I am still trying to replace the suction cup on my Merit Optical Attachment

Well that....sucks....

I'm here all week, try the veal, tip your waiter.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Well, I'd say this one has run it's course...sorry, I've been pretty busy the last couple of weeks and didn't keep up on this. Anybody have a good idea for the next one?

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
To me, the most challenging test of fundamentals is offhand bullseye shooting,
so I'll propose that again:

The throwback bullseye match, REVISED:

Match One: Any .22 RF pistol any sights. One handed .
Target posted at 50 feet.
Thirty shots total.
1) slow fire, 10 shots in ten minutes or less

Edited to add: On B-2
https://targets4free.com/wp-co...-by-Targets4Free.pdf

2) timed fire, 2 - five shot strings, 20 seconds each
3) rapid fire, 2-five shot strings, 10 seconds.
Both timed and rapid fire on the B-3 Pistol Target

https://www.nassi.com/p50rf.pdf <---When printed, black 9 ring is about 3" diameter.

Match Two: Repeat same course, with any centerfire handgun, any sights.

Enter either or both matches.
Edited to add, 3/26/23, start with pistol in hand, on rest in front or you or low ready if no rest. During slow fire it is permissable to return to rested position, or even lay it down, but 20 minute limit.

92fstech, I wonder if (with parabellum's approval), posting an invitation in the Sig Pistols forum might yield more participants.

P.S. I don't mind, if everyone wants to do something different.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
This sounds great to me! Good to work some one-handed stuff!

I'd be fine with posting an invite in the pistols section if Para's OK with it...the more the merrier. I'm not sure how much participation it would drive...there have been quite a few references to this thread in other threads and it hasn't really brought many in. I'd love to see more involvement, though, and would be completely open to even changing things up to make it more relevant or appealing to other members if somebody has ideas. Maybe a re-launch/advertising campaign is in order.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
I'd be fine with posting an invite in the pistols section if Para's OK with it...the more the merrier. I'm not sure how much participation it would drive.

There might be some increased participation, but I suspect it will minimal.

People like to talk about guns. They like to buy guns...more and more guns. They want to show pictures of them on websites. They want to state how accurate the guns are. They might even post a cherry-picked picture of a good group at close range, with only a few rounds. If the shots are from a rifle, the rifle might be supported by a fleet of heavy sandbags or a bench-rest-type mechanical system.

But competition? Even casual competition? Oh man, that involves practice, training, discipline, and precision shooting. Improving technique is hard. My results might suck. I might have to walk the talk. Nope, I'm gonna buy another gun and post a picture of it.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Well, I certainly hope nobody's ego is holding them back from participating in this thread. All they have to do is go back and look through this thread and they'll definitely see that we're not perfect Big Grin. It's all just for fun, nothing to prove here...posting up some rough ones is part of the process!

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Let s make it a "re-entry" match.
Shoot it as many times as you want to, while the match is running.
Best target on any one day is your entry for that day.

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
Did you really believe that I (and probably most others) would submit anything less than my best? Not trying to be cynical, but it’s just human nature. The playing field just got leveled for you guys that always play by the rules. Thanks for helping to make an honest man out of me.

David Garlikov

Posts: 185 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 02, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did you really believe that I (and probably most others) would submit anything less than my best?

It's happened numerous times in this thread if you look back through. We'll shoot it, submit the "official" target for record (depending on the guidelines outlined for the match it's usually the first try), but often we'll shoot it again, sometimes with a few modifications, a few times just for our own edification.

IMO there's not much incentive to cheat on this one...there's no prize money, it's just for fun and hopefully a little bit of personal practice and improvement.

That said, I like Richard's idea for this one...it encourages that repetitive practice. Hopefully there's some measurable improvement by the time we're done!

Picture of DBGarlikov
posted Hide Post
I could not agree more. Great incentive to practice and shoot ones that wont embarrass me. At 75. I’m way past trying to do anything to win. I just don’t want to be embarrassed. Wish me luck!

David Garlikov

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
S&W M41 iron sights, CCI Pistol Match .22LR.
Shot two Slow Fire ten round practice targets ( with many zeros), then commenced match.

Slow Fire 70,Timed 96-1X, Rapid 83-1X.

Then CZ TS2 iron sights, Federal 9BP 9MM. Only had three targets left so no practice round.

Slow 88, Timed 84-3X, Rapid 84-2X.

After the first Slow Fire .22 target, I started closing my left eye. Seemed to help.

We used to use a 'blinder'(translucent piece of milk jug plastic) over the non-dominant eye in smallbore matches, maybe I should do that again.

Edit: Oh, for crying out loud! I shot all B-8 targets. Disqualified!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nice work! Hoping I have time to shoot it tomorrow. If not, it'll be Tuesday.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Well, this did not go well. It did not go well at all. Like Noah said when we were done: "This is why God gave us two hands!"

It clearly needs work, and at least there is an opportunity for a redemption attempt later on.

Noah MkII
Slow Fire 43 + Timed 63 + Rapid 54 = 160/300 Overall

Me MkII
Slow Fire 62 + Timed 84 + Rapid 44 = 190/300 Overall

Noah CZ75 Compact

Slow Fire 30 + Timed 52 + Rapid 6 = 88/300 Overall

Me 1911

Slow Fire 31 + Timed 19 + Rapid 36 = 86/300 Overall

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
That's not so bad, 92fstech & Noah. Pretty good in fact. And compact pistols are more challenging to shoot precisely.

Nice seashell, by the way!