SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What was your first SIG and when?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What was your first SIG and when? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
P239 in 9mm in 2007

Was DA/SA, then I sent it to Sig for the DAK conversion and liked that better.

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
In 2001 I bought a Michigan State Police trade in 226 9mm W. German JK. Still have it.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rush chairman
Picture of Guy1
posted Hide Post
A P220 with the old style sharp edged hammer. Bought it new in 1996. Stupidly sod it.

Posts: 713 | Location: MS | Registered: November 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
1994, P226. Still my favorite pistol and I shoot it regularly in matches.

https://youtube.com/shorts/SNFuzghA8AM?feature=share

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3182 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig P220 45 ACP in 1995.

Posts: 255 | Location: Oregon | Registered: April 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M11-A1 purchased new for $601 out the door when Gander Mountain was closing their store here a few years ago.

Arguably one of the best deals on a new gun I’ve run across in 60+ years.

Posts: 90 | Location: SW VA | Registered: January 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig P226 '88 (I think very long time ago) has nearly 60K rounds now. Still my very favorite pistol though I don't shoot it much anymore as some parts are pretty much difficult and I'm now a red dot guy and milling it isn't really an option.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I purchased a 45 ACP P220 BACK IN 1978

It is the hard chromed on in the lower right of the photo

This is one of three hard chromed P220s that was on display in the Accurate Plating and Weaponry booth at the 1978 ShotGun News Trade Show. APW was trying to get SIGs plating business

I added the smooth Hogue Goncalco Alves grips several years after acquiring it

This was the first double action auto loader I had ever fired. It was actually purchased for my Father to carry at our newest auto repair shop. When I took it to check reliability with the JHPs that we had been carrying in out Colt Government Models it shot so well that I refused to let my Father have it.

This was the first auto loader I had ever purchased and I do still own it to this day

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1986 West German P200 heal release 9mm bought in Neu Ulm FRG. Had it for years but when I became a civilian cop, they wouldn’t let me use it so I stupidly sold it off. Miss that gun.

Posts: 269 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
P228 purchased new in 2003 for $525. Lived in Northern Virginia at the time. Now has 1,382 rounds thru it.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A new Swiss P210-6 about 1970 It cost $240 A new 1911 was about $125 just for comparison. How times have changed...

Posts: 248 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: August 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
West German P230. Still have it. Love it. I should carry it, it's a real beut to carry. I have just not in quite a while.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About 5 years ago I got a 40 cal P226 that came from the Dept. of Homeland Security. Except for a small ding on the front strap it was in great shape. I replaced the dim tritium sights. Later I got a 22 conversion when SIG had a sale. It runs great with HV ammo. Last year I used my Midway birthday discount on a 357 SIG barrel that dropped right in. It has a light mounted and sits by the bed for things that go bump in the night.

Posts: 59 | Registered: July 11, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E_Rock81
posted Hide Post
My first was the Sig Mosquito. Unfortunately, I had a lemon or a few for that matter. I returned it for a credit towards a new one because Sig kept the one I sent in because they couldn’t service it. The second one I picked up new didn’t fare well either. I ended up getting a P229 in 9mm. That was my first real Sig. I don’t have it unfortunately. I sold it here on this very forum. Coincidentally, this was the first forum I joined and I still participate in from time to time. I don’t own anymore Sigs, but just the sheer amount of wisdom and knowledge here makes it one of the best.

Posts: 1320 | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
228, still have it, always goes bang when the trigger is pulled A remarkable handgun.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1530 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226 bought on 31 December 1988 and regret having sold it! SN 360xxx Oddly, I still have the sales receipt.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SIG P220 “American” .45 - bought it used in 1989. Still have it.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
My signess Began in 1990 when i bought a 226 in 9mm.

Posts: 1596 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
The year was 1989 and I had just sold my 92F, when I first saw her. She was hanging out in the gun case at a local range; a P228 red head. The first magazine was all it took....

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2223 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I bought my first Sig in 1992 a KA P228 K-Kote as my first gun purchase when I turned 21. I was choosing between the Sig and a Beretta 92 compact. I still have the Sig and had it worked on by Bruce Gray in the mid 2000s.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post