SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What was your first SIG and when?
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What was your first SIG and when? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
P220 in .45 ACP. purchased in 2008. Just love it

Posts: 153 | Registered: December 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
229 .40 1994, the weekend before the Clinton ban.

Posts: 949 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P220 in 9mm with heel mag release - commonly called the P220 Euro. Bought in 1987 at the US Army Rod and Gun Club in Augsburg, Germany for $325 brand new in the box.

Got a big sticker shock when I bought my second Sig in the US in the early 90s for double the money.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first was a stainless full GSR. Full size 1911. It was a fam-o-matic. I tried Wilson 47D mags, had others try it - and they had the same issue. I sent it to a smith, came back with the same issues.

With full disclosure, I sold it/ traded it for a German 220R.

I shortly added a P239 and a P245 (primary carry).

Posts: 365 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently purchased my first Sig. It is a P226 SAO Legion. I shot a few in the past but being a lefty, I stayed away from Sig every time I made a decision on what to purchase next.

I've put a few hundred rounds through it so far and it shoots very well in my hands.

Posts: 10 | Registered: August 13, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
2002, a P228, and yes.

NEVER going to get rid of that gun.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
2000 it's a P239 .40 and then I got a .357 Sig barrel for it. I've been thinking about selling it.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I guess I'll jump in here with all you youngsters.

My first was a lovely Yellow box P226 K Kote with factory night sights with papers, target, and three originalags. It was a demo gun to a bunch of LEO departments. The dealer had about a dozen stacked on his table at the gunshow. The thing had been shot so little it didn't even have a smiley on the barrel. The funny part was hearing people looking at them say "What are those? They are ugly as hell".

Traded my way into it in early 1985. That one was traded to a good friend in 1987 and replaced less than a week later with a twin to the first one....and I've still got.

Those who forget history are destined to repeat it.

Posts: 385 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
Mine was a P228. I bought it at a local gun show in KY. My son has it now, and I just got to shoot it for the first time in years in April while we were in the states. It's the gun that brought me to Sigforum. I was Sig-less for several years, but now have a P365.

Posts: 349 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post