SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Drop Safety in Question (Formerly DPD Recall thread)
Page 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 89
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Drop Safety in Question (Formerly DPD Recall thread) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Has anyone sent one in for the upgrade yet ???? I sent them my info and so far nothing .

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heard you are next.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Well, my P320 Compact is currently my EDC. So while she's off getting her boob implan...enhancements, I face one heck of a dilemma.

Go back to toting my beloved 1989 P226 or buy a SP2022? Decisions, decisions, decisions....

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31444 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triaxle:
Has anyone sent one in for the upgrade yet ???? I sent them my info and so far nothing .

It's going to take SIG awhile to manufacture whatever parts are required and then test them...on every surface, at every conceivable angle and from every drop height. Another R&D mistake would be a bigger nightmare.

I think someone mentioned in this thread or the other thread that customer service told him it might be in October before owners will start receiving notices. That might be a little optimistic though.

quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I heard you are next.

Now you've got his hopes up. Big Grin

This is a good overall view of what SIG is doing...without the drama we saw in this thread.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/new...ervice-announcement/

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
while I think being drop safe is a great thing, I can't remember a time when I dropped any pistol, loaded or not. Pistols are impossible to make idiot proof.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TheBikerLife
posted Hide Post
I have 3 to send in and I eventually will. I'm not exactly worried.

Posts: 517 | Location: Lexington, SC | Registered: November 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whisky22:
while I think being drop safe is a great thing, I can't remember a time when I dropped any pistol, loaded or not. Pistols are impossible to make idiot proof.

I wholly agree!!! I will wait to send mine in until consensus tells me it is safe to get into the water.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know, apparently a lot of people are very worried. I'd hate to think any of them have newborn babies. They're not drop safe, y'know!

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Huh, I RO lots of matches and a non drop safe pistol gives me heartburn. What the heck does that have to with babies. Sarcasm ok, but your comment crosses the line.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
his is a good overall view of what SIG is doing...without the drama we saw in this thread.

Ha Ha What drama???

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Huh, I RO lots of matches and a non drop safe pistol gives me heartburn. What the heck does that have to with babies. Sarcasm ok, but your comment crosses the line.

Ever RO when a dreaded 70 series 1911 is on the line?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

So the matches you RO they insert the gun into some Nerf ball?
Do the competitors have modern factory guns that most likely passed the same 'standard' tests as the 320? Do they have older guns, or guns that have been modified, such that how drop safe they are is unknown?
Are the matches held at places that are identical to the drop test room, or are there varying surfaces and items that would increase the chances of a firearm firing if dropped?

The one thing that stands out most to me from the OO test is just how many people went Chicken Little/ Henny Penny over the test.

Posts: 57 | Registered: November 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:

Ever RO when a dreaded 70 series 1911 is on the line?

You do realize most modern 1911s, series 70 even, are largely drop safe, right? A firing pin block, as SIG is finding out, is not always the be all and end all of drop safety. Furthermore, before the advent of titanium firing pins combined with heavy springs, the main way the older 1911s went off when dropped was muzzle down. One might blow off a toe, at worst.

The whole mess with the P320 is when it goes off, the muzzle is facing upwards, at a slight angle. This leaves the entire body open to injury, rather than just a toe.

Posts: 122 | Location: California | Registered: July 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BamaCav
posted Hide Post
Agency/LE options are now available on the SIG website for the P320 voluntary upgrade program.

Posts: 126 | Location: AL | Registered: December 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My P320 is an LE pistol and the website link just indicates that the serial number is undefined and will not permit me to advance further. If I try the serial number under Non LE link, it indicates that the serial number is an LE pistol and advises that I need to enter it as an LE pistol. No worky worky.

Posts: 255 | Location: Oregon | Registered: April 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigwheeler:
My P320 is an LE pistol and the website link just indicates that the serial number is undefined and will not permit me to advance further. If I try the serial number under Non LE link, it indicates that the serial number is an LE pistol and advises that I need to enter it as an LE pistol. No worky worky.

Call customer service they will take care of it, they did for me.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just did. The guy was pretty cool. I asked if they could check to make sure it has the most current extractor and install the newer ambidextrous controls while it was there, at my cost, but was advised that I would have to ship it back after receiving it from them to have that done. I'm not paying to ship it back after receiving it. He did indicate that I should receive the shipping label in about a month or so.

Posts: 255 | Location: Oregon | Registered: April 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigwheeler:
My P320 is an LE pistol and the website link just indicates that the serial number is undefined and will not permit me to advance further....No worky worky.

I had to use a different web browser and then it worked.

Posts: 221 | Location: USA | Registered: May 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Well, my P320 Compact is currently my EDC. So while she's off getting her boob implan...enhancements, I face one heck of a dilemma.

Go back to toting my beloved 1989 P226 or buy a SP2022? Decisions, decisions, decisions....

Buy a CZ PCR or P01 Omega. Problem solved.

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still have my full size 320 in 9mm out and my L/E W-320 Com is in its holster . The full size is the one I sent my info in on . The only gun I ever had do a flip out of my hand was a Colt Com 45 it landed pointed right at me . That was 35 years ago I think .

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post