SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Drop Safety in Question (Formerly DPD Recall thread)
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 89
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Drop Safety in Question (Formerly DPD Recall thread) Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wonder if all of our aftermarket triggers are trash or if they will be fine with the new internal parts.

All I can say is it's an honest question that will deserve an honest answer.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
"If you build it completely drop safe, you legitimize mishandling." - Ron Cohen.

------------------

Is it just me, or is that AFU?

Wait, what?! Did he really say that?

That's some full retard shit right there.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15255 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:
"If you build it completely drop safe, you legitimize mishandling." - Ron Cohen.

------------------

Is it just me, or is that AFU?

Wait, what?! Did he really say that?

That's some full retard shit right there.

http://soldiersystems.net/2017...untary-p320-upgrade/

About halfway down.

The full quote.

“Drop safe,” Cohen explained, “Those two words don’t exist together. No gun is drop safe. It’s a function of angle, height and surface. If you build it completely drop safe, you legitimize mishandling. Inherently guns are not meant to be dropped, and are unsafe when dropped.”

OR

Maybe it's the JealousGlockerTroll Brigade again, striking at the heart of all that is good and honest, SIG-USA.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Wonder if all of our aftermarket triggers are trash or if they will be fine with the new internal parts.

All I can say is it's an honest question that will deserve an honest answer.

If I were an aftermarket parts company, I would want no part of it. I can see the big guy attributing culpability to the little guy. The pic of the new trigger looked like it had a lot of material removed and a potential good amount of weight reduction. Too many unknowns for a smaller company with the girth of liability.

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gordynismo:

If I were an aftermarket parts company, I would want no part of it. I can see the big guy attributing culpability to the little guy. The pic of the new trigger looked like it had a lot of material removed and a potential good amount of weight reduction. Too many unknowns for a smaller company with the girth of liability.

So then are they on the tab for refunds for everything they've already sold?

I see it as a very large shit sandwich, with bites available around the table.

And SIG-USA isn't making it a whole lot better with Ronnie talking about it...

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
“Drop safe,” Cohen explained, “Those two words don’t exist together. No gun is drop safe. It’s a function of angle, height and surface. If you build it completely drop safe, you legitimize mishandling. Inherently guns are not meant to be dropped, and are unsafe when dropped.”

And people still defend this, outrageous.

Posts: 9964 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
quote:

Like I SAID, it's probably faked briefing / quotes, just like the Moon landings. Wink

Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
I know one thing. I'll be in no hurry to send my 320 in for a recall. I'll wait to see how the new guns operate. I like what I have now but if the enhanced parts work just as well I'll eventually send it in.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2409 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by gordynismo:

So then are they on the tab for refunds for everything they've already sold?

I see it as a very large shit sandwich, with bites available around the table.

And SIG-USA isn't making it a whole lot better with Ronnie talking about it...

Kimber was once a great gun company...

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have to figure out how this is going to work in CA.

Posts: 33 | Registered: August 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Troll
posted Hide Post
I'm new to Sigs and this forum. Looks like the P 320 will be going back for the mods. when the details are hammered out. I am amused that there is so much whining and gnashing of teeth about this. Other companies, like Remington denied problems for decades, but Sig has acknowledged the problem and offers a solution. Ok a CEO makes a stupid statement. It isn't the first and it won't be the last. Sometimes the legal team dictates what he says. That's the corporate world. As I said, I'm new to the forum, but it looks like there may be some trolls on here who are not called out. I hope that isn't the case. Like I also said, I'm no Sig fanboy either. Fire away.

Posts: 5 | Registered: August 07, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
quote:

Hey come on, man. We performed and passed all drop tests that are commercial, industry, LE, military, competition, and universal standards. What more do you want from us? Complete drop safe? That would be like, legitimizing mishandling.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BE Mike:
I'm new to Sigs and this forum. Looks like the P 320 will be going back for the mods. when the details are hammered out. I am amused that there is so much whining and gnashing of teeth about this. Other companies, like Remington denied problems for decades, but Sig has acknowledged the problem and offers a solution. Ok a CEO makes a stupid statement. It isn't the first and it won't be the last. Sometimes the legal team dictates what he says. That's the corporate world. As I said, I'm new to the forum, but it looks like there may be some trolls on here who are not called out. I hope that isn't the case. Like I also said, I'm no Sig fanboy either. Fire away.

Stick around. It isn't always this drama laden.

On the slow news days we argue about which chocolate milk is best.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:

Unless I missed it, Sig never said there was a problem? They simply said if you want your gun double secret super safe with honors, you can send it in for parts to prevent an issue that some people have a problem with....like getting shot in the leg. Its a people problem, not a product problem.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolffy88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:

Unless I missed it, Sig never said there was a problem? They simply said if you want your gun double secret super safe with honors, you can send it in for parts to prevent an issue that some people have a problem with....like getting shot in the leg. Its a people problem, not a product problem.

Further this isn't like the first thing Sig has ever done that is seen as a negative. I've listed a few a page or so back, but there are more than enough for the irritation.

-wolff

"In the absence of light, darkness prevails." - Professor Bruttenholm

Posts: 2103 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
As I said, I'm new to the forum, but it looks like there may be some trolls on here who are not called out.
Well, gosh, that would be my job, and I haven't even been following this thread, or any of the other threads in the forum which touch on this issue. I just happened to see this remark of yours.

So, tell me- what have I missed? Please, feel free to be specific. I'm entirely serious. You seem to think that there's some sort of bias in this thread, which is being allowed by management, but quite honestly, I don't know what you're talking about. So, help me out here, Mike.

Go ahead. I'm interested to hear what you have to say. Remember now- let's be specific. Let's name names and quote posts.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolffy88:
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:

Further this isn't like the first thing Sig has ever done that is seen as a negative. I've listed a few a page or so back, but there are more than enough for the irritation.

Anyone who has been around here long enough has seen old die hard Sig Sauer fans turned out by "SIG" slowly but surely. I know, I was one of them.

I get it, its a business they're here to make money. What SIG never understood about its longtime customer base that Sig Sauer did was that we werent here for affordable guns, we were here for the best. Period. We would pay for that too. Sig buyers in the 80's and 90's paid big premiums over competing brands to own one and you got your monies worth, every single time. T

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Man! Folks are taking this a little personal.
I emailed a guy I shoot with who has a P320 to get his take on this and he blew a gasket.
He acted like I was slandering the Almighty just by bringing the subject up.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post