SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P385
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
P385 Login/Join 
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post


Attention Glock 49 aficionados


_____________________________________________
Proverbs 3:31 "Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways."
 
Posts: 9559 | Location: Great Basin | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
It would seem the dingus is the shoe not the blade, where if the shoe is out of battery the blade won't move. a lady dingus if that makes sense, a fingus if you will.

It would kinda 'seem' that way, but it doesn't 'feel' that way at all. I would think that if the Trigger Shoe was just along for the ride, you'd feel the pressure of the trigger pull on the Dingus/blade, except I couldn't even perceive/feel the Dingus at all. I believe the pad of my Trigger finger may be more sensitive that some (most?), but it was as if the Dingus wasn't even there. The feel was unlike ANY other Trigger that featured a Dingus that I've experienced...I've tried them all and the Dingus was never NOT noticeable to me. I'm not sure how it works, but they move together (essentially linked together), and you feel the pressure of the trigger pull across the entire Trigger shoe.


____________________________________________________________

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 47....Making America Great Again!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
 
Posts: 11252 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
It would seem the dingus is the shoe not the blade, where if the shoe is out of battery the blade won't move. a lady dingus if that makes sense, a fingus if you will.

It would kinda 'seem' that way, but it doesn't 'feel' that way at all. I would think that if the Trigger Shoe was just along for the ride, you'd feel the pressure of the trigger pull on the Dingus/blade, except I couldn't even perceive/feel the Dingus at all. I believe the pad of my Trigger finger may be more sensitive that some (most?), but it was as if the Dingus wasn't even there. The feel was unlike ANY other Trigger that featured a Dingus that I've experienced...I've tried them all and the Dingus was never NOT noticeable to me. I'm not sure how it works, but they move together (essentially linked together), and you feel the pressure of the trigger pull across the entire Trigger shoe.
That's what I think the design is, the shoe engages the trigger spring, and the Dingus engages the trigger bar.


_____________________________________________
Proverbs 3:31 "Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways."
 
Posts: 9559 | Location: Great Basin | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
but it was as if the Dingus wasn't even there... you feel the pressure of the trigger pull across the entire Trigger shoe.

That part sounds really promising.
 
Posts: 27436 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
Is there any insight into this “recoil dampening system” that they are hyping? From what I can gather, from a video or two, it seems it is that little blue part inside the frame in the photo FenderBender posted. What exactly is this? Is it just a grip weight? Does it move or do anything to actively affect recoil?
 
Posts: 952 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
No talk about other calibers in the future? Even if only maybe?
 
Posts: 3801 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
And by the way- SigSentry, this is not directed just at you:

This Ben Stoeger guy? He's a rabble-rousing malcontent who uses negativity and controversy to line his pockets. That's my opinion.

I don't place any value of any kind on his comments or opinions. I don't want to see any videos from him posted here and I don't want to hear anything he says. His behavior during the height of the P320 controversy was shameful.

And before anyone who doesn't really know me or this forum jumps to conclusions- if you think I'm a fanboi rushing to the aid of poor SIG-Sauer, think again. I am not a particular fan of the P320. I've never owned a single example, and my defense of that pistol has been limited to exercising common sense and shooting down rumor and exaggeration. We are not in SIG's pocket and we let the chips fall where they may. The same applies to the P385. As the Immortal Bard said, "The truth will out."

But this Stoeger guy, in my opinion, is not to be trusted. He's in it for himself and he seems to dearly love to stir shit. I find him to be lacking in any actual insight. As far as I'm concerned, he's a carnival barker, complete with the straw hat, red-striped button-down shirt with the sleeve garters. "Step right up, step right up!"


you would be correct. Ben Stoeger is a PHENOMENAL shooter in the competiton world. Absolutely phenomenal teacher too. But he is a troll and he loves drama.

this isn't me just saying that either. Ben has openly stated that he's a troll through and through, and loves to seek out drama on the internet and p oke the bear. that's his entire youtube persona. As such, he found something to give him troll bait for years with the P320 issues, and has just gotten worse over the years.

it's frustrating as he's a great shooter and could be a great asset to the gun community, but he loves to get his jollies off trash talking companies and sticking his oar into drama just to have fun messing with people
 
Posts: 6 | Location: Tucson | Registered: April 10, 2025Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
informative vid with details. Poly insert looks interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvJhqdYkYbY


Joe
Back in Tx.
 
Posts: 2693 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
If the original P320 “round” basepad magazines are used, the metal magwell of the P385 must be removed.


Or, take the 10 seconds with a pair of side cutters to nip off the "ears" on the older baseplates.

Same as you had to do with the various X-series grip modules for the P320. Either swap or modify the older baseplates.

quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater:
informative vid with details. Poly insert looks interesting


I wonder what the expected lifespan of the compressible shock absorber insert is...

I don't think I've ever seen that on a handgun before. But some rifle designs, including several Marlins, have something similar at the rear of the receiver that the bolt impacts.
 
Posts: 35523 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater:
informative vid with details. Poly insert looks interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvJhqdYkYbY


It reminds me of the recoil buffer on my Beretta 92a1. The pistol was designed to handle .40 caliber. As far as I know, the 92a1, 96a1 and 90-Two are the only pistols in the 92 series to have this feature.




Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

 
Posts: 5665 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like the insert is to lighten the impact of the spring/rod on the block which could account for it feeling smoother than the 365s.
 
Posts: 2957 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
From the P385 product page on SIG's website:

What is the SIG SAUER Recoil Dampening System (SRDS)?

SRDS is the recoil-dampening system integrated into the P385 grip module to help improve felt recoil and control. It works by absorbing vibration in the recoil system, in conjunction with the pistol’s low bore axis to reduce the amount of movement experienced during firing. This helps the shooter maintain a more consistent sight picture and recover more quickly between shots.


____________________________________________________________

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 47....Making America Great Again!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
 
Posts: 11252 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I am going to be in for a full size unit once they become available so long as I can get one for MSRP or less.

Rogue - Thanks for your suggestion as I have quite a few 17rd and 21rd P320 mags. I will give it a try once I get a P385.
 
Posts: 3656 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
Rogue - Thanks for your suggestion as I have quite a few 17rd and 21rd P320 mags. I will give it a try once I get a P385.


Take a look at your baseplates. If they have a square retaining hole, they're already the latest generation and will be compatible.

If they have a round retaining hole, they're the older version with the thicker ears, and you'll need to either cut/grind off the ears or replace the baseplate and retaining plate in order for them to be compatible.

 
Posts: 35523 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Slick piece of Marketing right there.

Will be interesting to see how much it cannibalizes the larger 365 variants.
 
Posts: 5567 | Location: NH | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
This LOOKS like it is what the 320 should have been from the start. I don’t trust a thing Ron Cohen has his hands in but this looks promising. Hopefully it’s made with actual quality parts and with some actual quality control. I feel like SIG NEEDS to knock this one out of the park. Like I said though this looks good. I like what they’ve done (on paper at least)


Take Care, Shoot Safe,
Chris
 
Posts: 8794 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
Rogue - Thanks for your suggestion as I have quite a few 17rd and 21rd P320 mags. I will give it a try once I get a P385.


Take a look at your baseplates. If they have a square retaining hole, they're already the latest generation and will be compatible.

If they have a round retaining hole, they're the older version with the thicker ears, and you'll need to either cut/grind off the ears or replace the baseplate and retaining plate in order for them to be compatible.

Thank you Rogue for this detail and the pictures. I would not have known this without your post and pictures. This will provide me with exactly what I need to determine what I have. Thanks again Sir.
 
Posts: 3656 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of shikemd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
No talk about other calibers in the future? Even if only maybe?


Yeah, I can't help but notice the product page doesn't even bother to mention the caliber. It lists magazine capacity but doesn't specify caliber. I wouldn't hold my breath for anything other than 9mm. SIG has in the past had a bad habit of teasing product variants that never saw the light of day; hopefully they've taken that lesson and are keeping mum about things that are not guaranteed to be released. I've been saying for years that SIG needs to be like Apple: announce a product and have it available to purchase (in large numbers) the next day.
 
Posts: 1007 | Location: The only state with a state bird named after another state. | Registered: December 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
First run should be called the BOHICA edition. I can’t believe any sane person would give these shysters their hard earned money.
 
Posts: 10258 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
For those of you wanting other calibers, I wouldn't hold my breath. Like it or not it's a 9mm world and nothing else really sells enough to make production costs worth it. Sig hasn't offered guns in .40/.357 for years now, and they've pretty much killed off the .45 lines too. There is a .380 P365 variant and the X-Ten, but those are kinda niche market items.

To me it looks like a bigger P365, which I'm not super excited about. Tbe 365 is fiddly to work on, not as reliable as the P320, and I don't care for the grip size and shape, which unfortunately seems to be the inspiration for this one. I've been carrying a P320 since 2017 and so far have been completely satisfied with it, internet hysteria aside, so it's going to take something kinda special to get me to jump. I'm not sure of the dimensions....if it's noticeably slimmer and lighter than the 320 yet fills the hand better than a 365, AND proves to be as reliable as a 320 while using the same Mags, I could get excited about that.


-----------------------------------------------------------

Any comments made by this poster are my own and do not reflect the views or opinions of my employer.
 
Posts: 12032 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P385

© SIGforum 2026