SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P385
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
P385 Login/Join 
Member
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
How often do you field strip a pistol mid-range session anyway? IF you can bring yourself to actually hold one, I'd still think you'd change your opinion.


Who said anything about field stripping mid-range session?? Roll Eyes

Extened range sessions/training, I've had take down levers get to hot to touch without gloves. Now adda cheese grater. Wink

Isn't Sig the company who said a trigger safety was unnecessary on the P320.
Now they've gone back. Iterative/proven designs. Going to be hard to come back from the magnitude of failed design decisions.


Joe
Back in Tx.
 
Posts: 2693 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^ Well, I guess you'll NEVER know then... Roll Eyes

Seems the guy from ANR Design was right when he indicated "We're gonna get a thousand negative comments, can't wait..."


____________________________________________________________

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 47....Making America Great Again!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
 
Posts: 11252 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^ Well, I guess you'll NEVER know then... Roll Eyes[/QUOTE

I can live with that. Cool


Joe
Back in Tx.
 
Posts: 2693 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Hahaha.

The gun isn’t even on the market and it already needs people to defend it.


________________
People hate you. Train like it.



 
Posts: 38691 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Lot's of shill vids popping off.
Let's see some real shit from people who weren't flow to Sig on Sig's dime, and wined and dined, driven around in an Ass-ton trying to impress. Kinda gives me creeper vibes.

Not informative or entertaining.
Apparently the takedown lever may be an issue, haven't seen anyone take one down yet. Big Grin

Send me one Sig, I'll give it a real burn down and an honest, biased report. Wink


Joe
Back in Tx.
 
Posts: 2693 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
So, 320 + 365 = 385, in some sort of recombinant DNA maths? I guess the whole SAS thing was a marketing gimmick. Looks like you could build a log cabin with it.

 
Posts: 4005 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater:
Lot's of shill vids popping off.
Let's see some real shit from people who weren't flow to Sig on Sig's dime, and wined and dined, driven around in an Ass-ton trying to impress. Kinda gives me creeper vibes.
Taking the long view, that stuff matters not.

How big was the introduction for the P320? What has had the true influence on that pistol's reputation? A flashy coming-out party, or the day to day performance?

The proof is in the pudding.

Let's all be cool. We're just having a good time here.
 
Posts: 114950 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Hahaha.

The gun isn’t even on the market and it already needs people to defend it.

Hey, got to have two sides to every new-not-yet-on-the-market product, right? The criticizing side and the defending side. Big Grin


Q






 
Posts: 31455 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And by the way- SigSentry, this is not directed just at you:

This Ben Stoeger guy? He's a rabble-rousing malcontent who uses negativity and controversy to line his pockets. That's my opinion.

I don't place any value of any kind on his comments or opinions. I don't want to see any videos from him posted here and I don't want to hear anything he says. His behavior during the height of the P320 controversy was shameful.

And before anyone who doesn't really know me or this forum jumps to conclusions- if you think I'm a fanboi rushing to the aid of poor SIG-Sauer, think again. I am not a particular fan of the P320. I've never owned a single example, and my defense of that pistol has been limited to exercising common sense and shooting down rumor and exaggeration. We are not in SIG's pocket and we let the chips fall where they may. The same applies to the P385. As the Immortal Bard said, "The truth will out."

But this Stoeger guy, in my opinion, is not to be trusted. He's in it for himself and he seems to dearly love to stir shit. I find him to be lacking in any actual insight. As far as I'm concerned, he's a carnival barker, complete with the straw hat, red-striped button-down shirt with the sleeve garters. "Step right up, step right up!"
 
Posts: 114950 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Interesting chat with SIG rep and Classic Firearms.

 
Posts: 4141 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The ad text is relatively free of the overwrought, "flowery" language compared to Springfield Armory Echelon. Not even an "ecosystem."
 
Posts: 32068 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Duly noted Para. He didn't waste any time, did he? Roll Eyes
 
Posts: 4005 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
^^ From the video it sounded like SIG contacted him early on and asked him to develop some holsters prior to launch.

I would be willing to bet several holster makers got early samples so they would be ready when they go on sale.

Yup.

A beta prototype will be passed around between holster manufacturers months before anything else so they can have a full inventory at product launch.

I have one of the P320 X Five.




 
Posts: 10484 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The proof is in the pudding.

Let's all be cool. We're just having a good time here.


Kinda what I was alluding too in my assessment/opinion of the takedown lever and my learned experiences.
I've had plenty of guns that felt great at the gun counter, but living/training with them the FOMO with a new wonder gun ended up being an expensive mistake.

I'm sure this one feels fantastic and the grip looks like a huge improvement over the other base level Sig grips.

But the pudding so to speak is high round counts, reliability etc not 4 mags at an Sig sponsored media event to "YouTubers".

Anything that is "complete redesign" will likely have teething issues too. Both the P320 and P365 had their share, more so than other manufactures is the perception. I'll let others do the beta testing.
Party on!


Joe
Back in Tx.
 
Posts: 2693 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater:
But the pudding so to speak is high round counts, reliability etc not 4 mags at an Sig sponsored media event to "YouTubers".
I agree, wholeheartedly, as do all who are old enough to know better.

In the meantime, you can't fault SIG-Sauer for promoting their new pistol.
 
Posts: 114950 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

Yup.

A beta prototype will be passed around between holster manufacturers months before anything else so they can have a full inventory at product launch.

I have one of the P320 X Five.


These holster makers do a really good job keeping the lid on.


quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Almost guaranteed that Safariland had one for months now


Yep. No way Safariland didn't get early access.


Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

 
Posts: 5665 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:


In the meantime, you can't fault SIG-Sauer for promoting their new pistol.


Not at all, I hope it works out well for Sig. Choices are good and I'd be happy to help with some testing, just not on my dime.


Joe
Back in Tx.
 
Posts: 2693 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Just saw this information on the Sig website related to the use of the P320 mags in the P385 and the P385 Magwell.

What is the magazine compatibility for the P385?

The P385 utilizes P320 magazines for the highest level of reliability and availability. If the original P320 “round” basepad magazines are used, the metal magwell of the P385 must be removed.
 
Posts: 3655 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
It would seem the dingus is the shoe not the blade, where if the shoe is out of battery the blade won't move. a lady dingus if that makes sense, a fingus if you will.


_____________________________________________
Proverbs 3:31 "Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways."
 
Posts: 9559 | Location: Great Basin | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

Yup.

A beta prototype will be passed around between holster manufacturers months before anything else so they can have a full inventory at product launch.

I have one of the P320 X Five.


These holster makers do a really good job keeping the lid on.


quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Almost guaranteed that Safariland had one for months now


Yep. No way Safariland didn't get early access.


Already available!!
https://haleystrategic.com/inc...92b0fa5d35-539840790


————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!
 
Posts: 26957 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P385

© SIGforum 2026