SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Almost bought a G34 gen 5 MOS over the weekend, but held back. Now I have regrets and wish I got it. Gonna have to rectify that soon I think.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
Almost bought a G34 gen 5 MOS over the weekend, but held back. Now I have regrets and wish I got it. Gonna have to rectify that soon I think.

I have a Gen5 G34 w/ RMR & Surefire X300U pulling HD duty. I took it to the range this past weekend and was dropping steel plates on command. My order of preference in shooting the Glocks that I have would be as follows, G34, G45, G17, followed by the G19. The G34 & G45 have a very balanced feel and a very soft recoil impulse. Enjoy your new G34… when you go back to buy it.

Posts: 2956 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
My 2 remaining Glocks, a G21 (10th Anniv. gift from my wife) and a G27 (that a late friend of mine sold me cheap). The born-on-dates: G21 - 5/91, G27 - 12/97.

They are known as ’Fat Man’ & ’Little Boy’.

Posts: 4028 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:

I keep trying to buy a 34MOS but keep getting outbid Mad
I'm about to just buy an MOS slide for my 19, but I'm not 100% sure what generation it is ... I think its a Gen 3, but how do I tell for sure?

Since getting my Nelson Custom 22 conversion and putting my Steiner MRS I'm sold on it, over the weekend I was shooting 3" reactive targets at 20 yards with both eyes open ... I've never shot a pistol that well in my life.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I have never bought a Glock. Every time I pick one up at a gun show, it reinforces the conviction that I don't like Glocks.

When I was shooting IDPA, I wanted to like them. They are ubiquitous. But I don't like them one little bit.

I was a Glock hating snob also, preferring only 3 lb, clean break 1911's which I trained with in the Navy, West Germen Sig P series, Browning Hi Power and HK's among others. But that changed for me when I figured out how relievable these guns are and they don't need to be babied. Shot the shit out of them, throw them in the safe, then rinse and repeat. A little tuning and the trigger is quite good. Not 1911 good, but very good and outshooting the shooter. That said, the only one I have left is a G43 and even though my recent P365XL seems superior, I can't bring myself to jettison this great little pistol. Of course you are entitled to your opinion. Many share your feelings.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried to like them. It was back in the olden days—-when Bill Clinton was running for president and the media was aghast that these plastic guns would not show up on an x-ray. Glocks would be the weapon of choice for airline highjackers.
I visited the gun stores frequently for 2-3 weeks and handled the Glock, comparing it to the Sig P226. The word ergonomics came to mind. Glock had none. Sig had a lot. That was the beginning of the Sig collection. That’s when I started to say life is too short to shoot fugly guns.

Posts: 104 | Location: Idaho | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Who said anything about Glocks?

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that the 365 has the 17 rounds variety model probably not. However a Gen 3 19 Austria made is still in the cards.

Posts: 178 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: December 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm about to just buy an MOS slide for my 19, but I'm not 100% sure what generation it is ... I think its a Gen 3, but how do I tell for sure?

It looks very Gen2 to me, which unfortunately makes a factory MOS slide impossible to fit. Glock only did their MOS system for Gen4 and Gen5 guns.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Z06, that was my exact carry set up (except factory barrels) when I was in law enforcement 22 years ago! What barrel is that in the G21?

Posts: 130 | Location: GA | Registered: April 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That is a Gen 2, Kimberkid. Unfortunately, you’re limited to Gen 3 parts, which will fit it. The good news is, that exact model is particularly desirable in good shape, so you should be able to easily sell it or trade it for an MOS should you want to.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
That is a Gen 2, kimberkid. Unfortunately, you’re limited to Gen 3 parts, which will fit it. The good news is, that exact model is particularly desirable in good shape, so you should be able to easily sell it or trade it for an MOS should you want to.

Would a gen 3 slide with an MOS cut fit? I've seen them for sale on GunBroker.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
It should, yes.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
It should, yes.

I bought the 19 mos slide on the 20th when you posted ^^^ this, paid through GB check-out and still waiting on it but it’s supposed to be here Monday.
Meanwhile, I bid on another 34, the auction ended last Monday and I picked it up yesterday. I also ordered a threaded barrel and Holosun 507C, everything else is already here, I installed the barrel & Holosun last night & going to the range today Razz

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
My MOS slide for my Gen 2 Glock 19 finally showed up today! I also have a Gen2 Glock 23 that I don’t shoot so I decided to keep my 19 original and put my 19 threaded barrel and the new 19 MOS slide on the 23 frame, I borrowed the site off my 34, so now all I need to do is decide which one I need to get a sight for.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimberkid,

The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Well 2nd glock in 30 days as I picked up a new Gen5 G19. Now just 3 17,19, and 43x

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Need to get yourself a G45!

quote:
Originally posted by Dyingtime:
Well 2nd glock in 30 days as I picked up a new Gen5 G19. Now just 3 17,19, and 43x

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dyingtime:

Me too.. 19 MOS and last week a 17 MOS..

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I did buy a Glock 20. I hate it and buying a SIG 320 X TEN to replace that ugly gun

Posts: 4 | Registered: August 25, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 44 old guy:
Unfortunately I did buy a Glock 20. I hate it and buying a SIG 320 X TEN to replace that ugly gun

How much have you shot it?

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post