SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of Beretta92
posted Hide Post
The prophecy has been fulfilled

MY TWO G-LOCKS X Series 19X & 43X

Posts: 1861 | Location: Clarksville Indiana | Registered: May 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought my first firearm in December 1993, a Sig 228, that I still have today. Between that date and early this year, I am lucky enough to have bought several brands of firearms,CZ, HK, Beretta, IWI, SW, Ruger, FN, Browning, Dan Wesson, Walther, Springfield. But never a Glock. Two months ago, I bought my first Glock, a Gen 5 19. I keep saying to myself that this maybe the last handgun I am getting as I will be 66 in a couple of months. I believe that the G19 will be a classic someday, just like my 1911, my Beretta 92, my Hi Power, and my HK P7.

Posts: 14 | Registered: June 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Someday"? We passed Someday about twenty years ago.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I bought a 43 on my 43rd birthday (four years ago) and went to visit my baby sister (she lives 3 mins from the gun store) and the 43 got stolen by her since she didn’t have a gun in the house. I never bought another one because the 43X came out. But I might pick up another one since Shield just announced a May 18th release date of their 9 rd 43 mag. Will have to compare it to a P365 for size.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
A local FFL was having a 10% off sale if you paid cash. I saw they had 1 G21 Gen 4 in stock and took it upon myself to see that they soon had 0 G21’s in inventory! Smile

I found a drop in KKM barrel from Wing Tactical and I have one of those inbound too. I have a bevvy of cast bullets for that G21 to digest and for me to terrorize steel plates this summer.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a G20 gen3 and a G21 gen4 as well as my Sig P320 RX I do love shooting my G21 very much, it's a soft shooter for sure and accurate.

P226r Extreme, P226 TACOPS, M11-A1, P220 Elite Full Size

Posts: 30 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: January 31, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I've owned many Glocks over the years. G19, G27,Gen 3 G22, G31 .

I was without a Glock until 2021 whenI purchased a Gen 4 G22 which was a police trade in. It had a small scuff on the bottom of the grip and normal wear on the slide.

I had the slide refinished in Satin Ion Bond, Talon Grip covered the scuff mark. I then bought 2 conversionbarrels from Rock Slide, a 357 Sig and 9mm. The 9mmis really accurate and pleasant to shoots, thatswhats in the gun now.
I also installed a replacement trigger to correct trigger sting.
I use it for my home defense pistol with Streamlight TLR 1. With refinish, 2 barrels, trigger and original gun cost ($350), I've got maybe $675 tied up init.

But I'm very happy with the whole package. It's really the only Glock I need.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
I purchased a Gen 4 G22 ....I then bought 2 conversion barrels from Rock Slide, a 357 Sig and 9mm. The 9mm is really accurate and pleasant to shoots, that's what's in the gun now. I use it for my home defense pistol.

Make sure you don't use the 9MM conversion barrel for home defense. Put the stock .40 barrel back in for serious use.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:
I purchased a Gen 4 G22 ....I then bought 2 conversion barrels from Rock Slide, a 357 Sig and 9mm. The 9mm is really accurate and pleasant to shoots, that's what's in the gun now. I use it for my home defense pistol.

Make sure you don't use the 9MM conversion barrel for home defense. Put the stock .40 barrel back in for serious use.

I think the 9mm conversion barrel from a reputable company , used with proper Glock 9mm magazines and tested at least with at least 500 rounds is viable for home self defense.

My 2 Glocks do 5 calibers, 3rd Gen G32 with G23 barrel for both .40/.357 and 9mm "match" conversion barrel and my G30SF has a Storm Lake 10mm barrel along with Glock .45ACP barrel.

(well the .40/.357 magazines interchangeably have worked for almost 20 years for me so I think they're reliable enough)

Honestly, my G32 w/ 9mm match conversion barrel has had no issues and if you can go 500 rounds without any hiccup.

Plus +++ train for failures anyway as part of your routine because nothing is 100%.

Posts: 1467 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:

I understand your concern. I've shot around 250 rounds using the conversion barrel, JHP and FMJ with no issues. I did polish the feed ramp.

I've seen no signs of peening or unusual wear on the barrel so far. I do however, have a backup pistol nearby the Glock.

https://rockslideusa.com/product/barrels/

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Rescued this poor police trade-in last Friday. Big Grin

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice Glock.

I have no hesitation at all in getting a police trade-in Glock. If anything is wrong with it, it's about $25 in parts and 20 minutes in labor that will make it right.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
If anything is wrong with it, it's about $25 in parts and 20 minutes in labor that will make it right.

$31.80 from Top Gun Supply, to be exact. Big Grin

Replacement recoil, trigger, firing pin, and striker block springs came in today from TGS.
Based on looking at the pistol, I'd be surprised if the pistol had 300 rounds down the pipe.
I will probably shoot this pistol as is for awhile (it's a project gun), but if/when it takes a HD/SD role, all the springs get replaced.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
I had a failure in my G32 one time that required repairs.

I was able to give it to my range master and have them mail it Glock and Glock fixed it for free and shipped it back to me.

Glock took any non-standard parts off that I had put on but returned those parts with the gun.

Such as the #3.5 lb trigger and the "hip clip" backplate.

For that Police Glock : I'd do a field strip and clean and check out the barrel etc and go shoot that sucker and if it breaks use the lifetime warranty Smile

Posts: 1467 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Picked up another Glock 45 with Ameriglo Bold night sights, last weekend. Wanted to get an extra since my current G45 is my EDC.

Was $520 out the door w/background check after GSSF coupon.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
This weekend I’ll be breaking in a Shadow Systems MR920. I’ll probably be dumping at least one of my Gen5 G19s (early no front serrations & a NIB MOS) and will likely be grabbing a an XR or DR Shadow if this shoots as good as it feels. That would probably put at least one of my Gen5 17s on the blocks as well (early no front serrations and an MOS). With the flat strap it points better than the Gen5s, but the trigger is no where near the older 19 & 17 which have thousands of rounds down range.

I thought I had moved completely to the 320 platform, but keep coming back for more of the Glock platform. It’s not that I like the trigger better, I just feel better running it fast under pressure.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
This weekend I’ll be breaking in a Shadow Systems MR920. I’ll probably be dumping at least one of my Gen5 G19s (early no front serrations & a NIB MOS) and will likely be grabbing a an XR or DR Shadow if this shoots as good as it feels.

I'm in agreement with you. The MR920 feels and fits superbly and frankly makes the Gen5 G19/23 seem off in-hand. I've been very content with my fullsize Gen5s (G17, G45) but the Gen5 G19 and G23 and that rear palm swell they have just doesn't cut it for me.

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
I love the U notch tritium Ameriglo rear sight on my Glock 47 9mm so, maybe foolishly, I ordered 2 more of them, one each for my 17 and 34.

Now I'm realizing that there's a difference in the sight dovetail between the 47, which is a gen 5 MOS gun and the 17 which isnt. My 34 and 17 are both gen 5, but only the 34 is MOS. The 17 isn't, so the dovetail is further forward.

The new rear sights I ordered have been shipped and are in the mail. I expect they'll fit the gen 5 MOS Glock 34 fine, but will they fit the non-mos Glock 17?

I ordered 2 of these. The .276" tall GL885R, which is what is on my G47.

https://ameriglo.com/products/details/gl-885r

Ameriglo's site says "fits all Glocks", so I'm fairly certain the dovetail is the same, but it's clearly shorter (front to back) than the sight that's currently on the gun. Any issue with that that I'm missing?

Scopelist advertises that part# gl-885r as the "Agent MOS".

https://www.scopelist.com/Amer...-U-Notch-Rear-S.aspx

I also ordered 2 Dawson .195" tall tritium front sights, which will match the front sight height on my g47.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ken226,

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had Glocks for many years and G17 was the only pistol beside 92FS I was trained on in 1990. Gen 5 G19 s feel really good in my hands and I can shoot them well. They also carry well. Currently have G19 MOS and G19 Gen5 with night sights and outstanding Overwatch triggers, but decided to experiment with Shadow MR920. What do you know, the Shadow could not cycle a single mag without all sorts of malfunctions, was fit too tight, slide stop did not move, disassembly was a chore, the slide was not beveled properly, grip felt abrasive and blocky. Got rid of the thing a week after, my record short time of owning a gun in 30+ years. No Gucci for me, will stick to my Glocks.

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Ken226, I'm a little confused. Simply put, you're saying that the rear sight channel on your Gov contract CBP-only pistol has different dimensions than your 17 and 34?

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post