SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
^after getting my 43X I put my G19 in the safe. I love how thinner it is, I like that the shield arms mags still give me 15 rounds. It’s what a small light gun should be.

I amazed that Glock hasn’t pumped out several new guns in this same size in 45, 40, & 380…

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11268 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

I amazed that Glock hasn’t pumped out several new guns in this same size in 45, 40, & 380…

Glock did.

The G30S, G36, and G42.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:

Glock did.

The G30S, G36, and G42.

30S=35mm wide
36 =30mm wide
42 =25mm wide

Of those only the 42 is the same width as the 43x. And that was what I was referring to. I should have been more clear. My 1911 is 30mm with the grips, but there are thinner grips to be found…

Glock should take the 43 frame and make single stacks for 45&40 as well.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11268 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I’m sure they would sell, but my first thought is that would be a snappy gun in .45 and .40.

Who knows? Maybe that’s what they’ll be offering next. I’m definitely with you about the size and thinness. My G48 has become a quick favorite. I’ve had a 42 since they were first released and I’ve been a fan the whole time.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

30S=35mm wide
36 =30mm wide
42 =25mm wide

Of those only the 42 is the same width as the 43x. And that was what I was referring to. I should have been more clear. My 1911 is 30mm with the grips, but there are thinner grips to be found…

Glock should take the 43 frame and make single stacks for 45&40 as well.

I never said anything about the same width. You're not going to squeeze a 45 into the .43 frame.

The handguns I mentioned are the single stack versions.

By the time you squeeze anything larger than a 9mm into a frame the size of the the G43, the limited magazine capacity suffers more. The G36 isn't exactly a high capacity frame, but small enough for .45, single stack.

I'd love to see something tiny in .357 sig, but in the Glock, the G33 is already a hand full, and about as small as it needs to go.

My Shield in .40 split after a few rounds. My XDS is comparatively small, but limited. I don't see a .40 size G43 as a big seller, if they could squeeze it in; I'm sure if Glock thought it would be, it would be out already.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
^after getting my 43X I put my G19 in the safe. I love how thinner it is, I like that the shield arms mags still give me 15 rounds. It’s what a small light gun should be.

I had previously gotten rid of my 19 because I just didn't shoot it as well as I thought I should but the 43X I shoot exceptionally well (for me anyway)

Oddly, I shoot my 23 well, still not as good as the 43X - but now the 23 sees little use. I also stopped for the most part even carrying my S&W Bodyguard 380 - the 43X is bigger than the bodyguard but still easy enough to conceal multiple ways.

I would be very interested in a 40 in a 43X-ish size - even less rounds and all - most definitely

My wife has a 43X now as of a couple weeks ago and prior to that was a J frame and Ruger LCP gal

The shield arm mags I finally got and are good to go and really add to the overall great 43X.

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mike, so have I and a handful of my friends here on CPD! I'm amazed at how quickly I came to like this lil gun.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8331 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I am the same. I have my 48, 43, and 42 but I carry my 43x far more than anything else.

I also have a 17.4 and 19.5 and my duty 45 MOS but that little 43x. The only I changed was I put an OEM smooth trigger shoe, night sights, shield arms mag catch and use shield arms mags. I carry a gen2 shield arms mag with +5 as my reload.

quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:

Mike, so have I and a handful of my friends here on CPD! I'm amazed at how quickly I came to like this lil gun.

Posts: 3445 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I traded for a very nice G26 Gen3 yesterday. A 26 had been on my want list for a long time.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
There are guns of that size out there. The Shield comes in .40 and .45. Springfield has an XDs in .45. All are straight single stack. If you want small and thin in those calibers, you can get it.

The G36 sort of plays in this category, but seems to be a bit bigger.

quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I’m sure they would sell, but my first thought is that would be a snappy gun in .45 and .40.

Who knows? Maybe that’s what they’ll be offering next. I’m definitely with you about the size and thinness. My G48 has become a quick favorite. I’ve had a 42 since they were first released and I’ve been a fan the whole time.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
The Gen 5 19 is pretty sweet. To me, much improved over the Gen 3 and 4. The trigger is better and I was surprised to find I prefer the no finger groove grip.

I put a minus connected in my Gen 4s and the was looking at an Apex kit. With the Gen 5 I feel no need for either.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Riley,

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8342 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
The Gen 5 19 is pretty sweet. To me, much improved over the Gen 3 and 4. The trigger is better and I was surprised to find I prefer the finger groove grip.

I put a minus connected in my Gen 4s and the was looking at an Apex kit. With the Gen 5 I feel no need for either.

My G48 and G45 needed some connector swapping, but the 43X is fine as is.

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Gen 5 17 MOS (with FDE frame which i think was a limited Lipsey gun) with a KKM barrel and a gen 5 34 barrel, with a trijicon 3.25 RMR on it.
I have 2 43x's, one is the not often seen MOS version and i put a swamp Fox optic on it and man does that thing come up on target fast.
I have 2 42's (one is really for my wife to learn on and I carry one)which is a great pocket carry gun.
The 43X is a great 9mm for carrying.
Yes i will buy lots of Glocks

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No. Not again.
Impulse buy of a Shadow System MR920.
Shot the snot out of it. 100%

Sold my 19.

Bought a Shadow System DR920. Perfect.
Sold my 17.

Ordered a XR920.
Sold my 45

Posts: 1658 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
Picked up a Glock 20 Gen4 10mm at Buds on Thursday. The weird part is that it feels smaller in grip than my 19 Gen5 which actually feels more blocky. Can’t wait to shoot this thing.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:
No. Not again.
Impulse buy of a Shadow System MR920.
Shot the snot out of it. 100%

Sold my 19.

Bought a Shadow System DR920. Perfect.
Sold my 17.

Ordered a XR920.
Sold my 45

So happy for you that your Glock copies worked out for your needs..

But not only did 'You buy a Glock'. you bought several...

Good luck to you.. Big Grin

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Picked up yet another Glock yesterday. This time it was a 44 as I can shoot it in the rimfire class in GSSF. Hope it runs well as I’ve read they were hit and miss initially.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still looking for a P229 (ad slipped to Pg 2 of Classifieds), but decided that I didn't want to be the only SigForum member who didn't own a G19. Picked up a G3 NIB today!

There's a 20% coupon enclosed for when I register the warranty, which I think I'll use to get some night sights. Other than that and maybe a 25 cent trigger job, otherwise I intend to leave it stock.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9142 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
I'm still looking for a P229 (ad slipped to Pg 2 of Classifieds), but decided that I didn't want to be the only SigForum member who didn't own a G19. Picked up a G3 NIB today!

There's a 20% coupon enclosed for when I register the warranty, which I think I'll use to get some night sights. Other than that and maybe a 25 cent trigger job, otherwise I intend to leave it stock.

Congrats...

Love 'em or hate 'em, I feel every collection should have at least one Glock in it..
Be it a G19, G17 (Gen of your choice), or my favorite G45..
Gotta have one Glock in the safe or on the hipp...

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, I picked up a 43 for my oldest on her 22nd birthday. She went out of state to spend the day with her boyfriend (kid actually has a good job in Georgia) and I came to realize she needed one of her own.

Here at the house she has access to mine in the safe etc. She is trained and we go to the range (not as much as dad would like).

So yesterday, a 43 followed me home, a box of ammo for practice, box of carry load, and a coupon for a range day with dad Smile

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3587 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post