SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
quote:
since they sold out

And people hate Ruger for the same type of thing. Ruger's comments saying "who needs more than ten rounds in a mag?"

Roll Eyes

there are different guns for different people.

Oh shit..

My only Ruger pistol is only 6 +1.. Big Grin
Chambered in 380 at that... Wink

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aces an Eights
Picture of SC_Mike
posted Hide Post
Yep. I bought another one. The new 30S. Picked it up and shot it all at the same time.

Same Glock trigger feel. Grip is IMO more comfortable than my G19. I'm not a fan of the Glock factory sights but those can be changed next month. Accuracy was about what I expected. Another nice thing is it fits in my G19 holsters and can use the G21 13 round mags. I made the comment I wanted one before the Gen 4 textured ones came out and the guy at the LGS said I was the third or forth person to say that. They have several more left, email me if you want the name of the shop.

______________________________V_____________________________

Pugnabo liber maneat.

Posts: 11378 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SC_Mike:
Yep. I bought another one. The new 30S. Picked it up and shot it all at the same time.

Same Glock trigger feel. Grip is IMO more comfortable than my G19. I'm not a fan of the Glock factory sights but those can be changed next month. Accuracy was about what I expected. Another nice thing is it fits in my G19 holsters and can use the G21 13 round mags. I made the comment I wanted one before the Gen 4 textured ones came out and the guy at the LGS said I was the third or forth person to say that. They have several more left, email me if you want the name of the shop.

As much as I love my Gen 2 G19 and G17, my G30S would be hard to let go..

The perfect carry package of 10 + 1 of 45ACP.. Big Grin

The Pearce base plates feel much better than the Glock stock when shooting the G30S.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 350zee
posted Hide Post
I'd love to get one but the 30S is rarer than a hen's teeth where I live..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***My Idea Of Gun Control Is A Firm Grip!!!***-------***NRA Life Member***----------

Posts: 1311 | Location: Everett, WA. | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 350zee:

Had to buy mine on Gunbroker.. Big Grin
That was back in March I think... Eek

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Barely used G34 came into my LGS, snagged it!

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aces an Eights
Picture of SC_Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:

This shop has 6 or so left, sticker price was $579.00. If you want the shop name and number email me.

______________________________V_____________________________

Pugnabo liber maneat.

Posts: 11378 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought my first, a 36. I'd post a picture, but its a new Glock, so I don't think it is necessary.

Posts: 509 | Location: Georgia | Registered: January 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Picked up a Gen3 G17 the other day NIB for $499.00. My fifth Glck.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:

They do seem to fly out fast around here. We got three in and they were gone in a half day.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I am a shy confused here. I see Gen 3 guns being advertised as SF, they are not correct? I have a Gen 3 21 and as much as I like the piece, it pounds my trigger finger where the knuckle connects to my hand. I would like to know if the SF is configured differently. I thought the Gen 4's are the SF guns..

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I am a shy confused here. I see Gen 3 guns being advertised as SF, they are not correct? I have a Gen 3 21 and as much as I like the piece, it pounds my trigger finger where the knuckle connects to my hand. I would like to know if the SF is configured differently. I thought the Gen 4's are the SF guns..

SF stands for short frame..

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
To expand on what 1lowlife posted, the Gen 4 frame with no backstraps installed is equivalent in size to the Gen 3 SF. A Gen 4 G21 with the medium backstrap installed is the same size as a standard Gen 3 G21.

So if you're looking for a "short frame" G21, either a Gen 3 G21SF or a Gen 4 G21 will work.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Might want to ask Bruce Gray about that. IIRC, he saw a lot of M&Ps breaking in competition, and didn't think too much of them.

quote:
Originally posted by Jeeps:
I have left the Glock world for M&P, and IMHO it is a better weapon design and construction-wise. I have had several Glocks over all; a 22, 21, 19 and two 30s but I just never shot that well with any of them. The M&P for me is more comfortable to shoot and I can get on the target quicker.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
To expand on what 1lowlife posted, the Gen 4 frame with no backstraps installed is equivalent in size to the Gen 3 SF. A Gen 4 G21 with the medium backstrap installed is the same size as a standard Gen 3 G21.

So if you're looking for a "short frame" G21, either a Gen 3 G21SF or a Gen 4 G21 will work.

Thank you for the information. I have interest in the G20 and I thought the SF had a bit less angel on the grip. I cannot enjoy getting pounded by the 10 mike mike rounds recoil in the standard Glock frame.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I keep being drawn to the Glocks whenever I go into a gun shop. I do t like the way it fits in my hand but I want one anyway. Someone please stop me. Smile

SIG P239 9mm
S&W M&P15
Taurus PT1911-AL .45

"I am an underground legend"

Posts: 54 | Location: Clearwater, FL | Registered: February 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dedezelic:
I keep being drawn to the Glocks whenever I go into a gun shop. I do t like the way it fits in my hand but I want one anyway. Someone please stop me. Smile

NO. You veel buy a Glock...You veel buy a Glock. I'm a steel and walnut guy. I own Sigs and 1911's. I bought two Glocks. SOMEBODY PLEASE STOP ME!!!

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dedezelic:

That now awkward grip angle is easily adaptable after a range trip or two..
You may tend to present and aim a little high at first, but it is easy to bring that front sight down.

I fought the Glock urge for several years, being an XD and Sig fan..
But the reliably, simplistic design, and beautiful looks Eek finally won me over.
I went from owning one Glock, to owning 5 Glocks, selling off 3 Sigs in process... Big Grin

You will buy a Glock..

Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dedezelic:

"I went from owning one Glock, to owning 5 Glocks, selling off 3 Sigs in process"... Big Grin

Well ... I don't know if I'd go that far, but at least you gave into the urge we all get.. and picked up a pistol eveyone should own at some point in their life.
I only gave up an M&P for my Glocks ... Wink

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
......That now awkward grip angle is easily adaptable after a range trip or two..
You may tend to present and aim a little high at first, but it is easy to bring that front sight down......

Yes, but that is easily remedied with the GripForce Adapter, at least om my Gen4's. Whether you like/dislike the GFA itself is another issue, but it does bring the front sight down when using a neutral grip. I use the GFA on my Gen4 G34. Oddly, I prefer the M size beavertail adapter on my Gen4 G34.

For me, the grips are noticeably different. The shorter G19 grip creates a different feel, especially with the support hand and the location of the bottom rear grip in the shooting palm. The bottom of my support palm hangs below the bottom of the grip when using the thumbs forward shooting grip. Not saying it is bad...just different from the G34. Probably have to shoot them side-by-side to see what I'm referring to.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post