SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 564 565 566 567
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The G48 has become my favorite Glock. It calls to mind (dare I say it) my German P225. But in a lighter weight poly striker gun.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16389 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
DEY GOTS ME AGAIN!!! Smile

...Maybe Newtosig765 should have kept my sight pusher….might have saved me money. Razz

Take care, shoot safe,
Chris

Welcome to the weekly meeting of Glockaholics Anonymous!

I'm actually contemplating getting my own sight pusher after all, even though I don't really need it, but, just because... Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9374 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
The G48 has become my favorite Glock. It calls to mind (dare I say it) my German P225. But in a lighter weight poly striker gun.

You know, now that you mention it, I can totally see it.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7880 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

The 48 is outstanding.

The problem (to me) is the people that hang a light, optic, Shield Arms magazines, metal mag releases, etc is that you really don’t gain anything over a 19. And the 19 still has better performance.

But……….

Iron sights or a dot alone, it’s awesome. Most of my weekly off duty training has been with a 48. I have been keeping a respectable hit factor with it compared to a compact or full sized gun.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37190 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
(sigh) That darn Gen5 G17L keeps whispering at me. Daggummit Glock!

-MG

Posts: 2213 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Iron sights or a dot alone, it’s awesome.

Part of what I like about the 48 is the fact that it’s a light weight, thin G19. I weighed it next to my PPS with 8 round mags and it’s like an oz lighter with 2 extra rounds, and a longer barrel/sight radius.

It fits a niche for me, and adding lots of extra weight throws it into other gun realms for me. I might throw an optic on it at some point but may not.

The only reason I would throw a light on it is if I am using it bedside in a capacity limited state, which I am sometimes in.

Posts: 7880 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Had the G48 out again today. I do believe it has edged out the G45 as my favorite Glock.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Had the G48 out again today. I do believe it has edged out the G45 as my favorite Glock.

It is a great compromise. 11 rounds in the gun and an RMR? 23 ounces. Fully loaded 19? 31 ounces. 19 with TLR7 and RMR? 37 ounces.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37190 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both the 19 and 23. I have tweaked them lightly with smooth PolyDat triggers, extended slide releases and actual metal night sights. And I do carry them if I travel to an area where I perceive the threat level to be increased. But for most everyday carry in the Yoop, the light flat 48 cant be beat. If I cant resolve the situation with 11 in the gun and a spare mag, its...Feet dont fail me now!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16389 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post