SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
Everyone needs a Glock like everyone needs an old beater pickup. It might not be the vehicle of choice for a date, but it's reliable, useful, and you don't care if you scratch the bed with a load of gravel. If you were really honest with yourself, you'd admit that it's probably the most valuable item in your garage. Then you'd kick it.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5282 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ronburgundy
posted Hide Post
You know, when this thread came up a while back I thought, "yea I've owned one and hated it. To he** with tupperware". However, now that I've been issued one for work and have shot it so much, I'm in love with the damn things!

I guess I just didn't give it a chance before but yepo, I'm a convert...and a pretty happy one at that. Don't get me wrong, I still love my Sigs. Either way, now I just have to decide whether to buy the G30 or G36 for my duty BUG! Para's right again!

Posts: 807 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HWStevens
posted Hide Post
I have a G36 in my carry rotation; About the size of my P232, which, despite it's great shooting, is not in my carry rotation because .380 just ain't up to snuff. That said it's not for sale, either; part of my art collection.

"Son, when your commanding officer says, 'Shoot that man's eye out!' the appropriate response is, 'Which eye, Sir?' and if he's good he'll let you pick."
- My father, I was five
Management 101: Push decisions down.

Posts: 2098 | Location: Camp Swift, Texas | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
One has to wonder- if Lucifer were to enter into our midst, would he be found hawking Glocks on a SIG site?

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of moses
posted Hide Post
Well I finally did it today. I have been buying guns for about 14 years now and just bought my first Glock! I have 9 Sigs BTW. So I am just sipping the kool aid. LOL

I got a G17 RTF

Posts: 613 | Location: Palmetto state | Registered: February 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
One has to wonder- if Lucifer were to enter into our midst, would he be found hawking Glocks on a SIG site?

I have it on good authority that Lucifer was denied all good things to include SIGs. I didn't see Glocks on that list, but I could have easy missed it. Wink

Posts: 331 | Registered: March 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LH2
posted Hide Post
I really like my 19.

So on one hand I'm thinking I'd like a 26.

But OTOH, I'm thinking the 19 is good enough and why spend the $500...

Is there really a *need* for both?

Posts: 3443 | Location: Arizona | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dirknar
posted Hide Post
I love the Glock's.

Simple, reliable, accurate.

They dont have anything you dont need..

They need nothing but ammo to be happy.

G20sf and G27 or G29sf on my want list.

P226 w.German

Posts: 720 | Location: Spokane WA. | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Official
Hypochondriac
Picture of 220ST
posted Hide Post
A very dear friend gave me an incredible deal on this. January 1996 era with old style tenifer, 2 pin gun with old style extractor, and (3) newer style 15 rounders.

I did a total detail strip to clean and inspect, changed out the recoil spring, slide catch lever, trigger pin, and trigger housing pin. Cleaned the (3) magazines.

I'm as happy as a clam!!

Posts: 31952 | Location: Tallahassee, FL  | Registered: November 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LH2
posted Hide Post
Steve - That's all you need! Looks really sharp too.

Glocks sure do age well. Smile

Posts: 3443 | Location: Arizona | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Official
Hypochondriac
Picture of 220ST
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LH2:

I agree! They are awesome pistols!! Can't wait to take it for a spin.

I need to find an old style Glock box.

Posts: 31952 | Location: Tallahassee, FL  | Registered: November 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being a loud-mouth troublemaker
posted Hide Post
Now that a conversion unit is available for the 20/21 to the .50 GI I'm kinda thinking about another Glock to keep my 22 company.

BTW, has anyone been able to get rid of that sulphur and brimstone smell that permeates Glocks?

Posts: 23226 | Registered: March 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220ST:
quote:
Originally posted by LH2:

I agree! They are awesome pistols!! Can't wait to take it for a spin.

I need to find an old style Glock box.

The G19 makes a great Companion to that G17 Steve! It looks new!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of frogger
posted Hide Post
Just picked up my 3rd Glock today. I bought a G26 to add to my G19 and G17. Now, I just need a G34 and I'll have all the 9mm's.

BTW, yes I know there is also a 17L, but I personally have no interest in that model.

••••••••••••••••••••
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 5409 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: November 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Calculating Cooling
Capacity In Hell
Picture of sig239srt
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't turn down a Free Glock, but that's it.

Posts: 2625 | Location: AZ | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of moses
posted Hide Post
Damn they sure are ugly, blocky lookin things!

But that's ok as long as they shoot good!

Posts: 613 | Location: Palmetto state | Registered: February 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frogger:
Just picked up my 3rd Glock today. I bought a G26 to add to my G19 and G17. Now, I just need a G34 and I'll have all the 9mm's.

BTW, yes I know there is also a 17L, but I personally have no interest in that model.

Let us know how your G26 shoots! I have a G17 and 19 and have comptemplated a 26 myself.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of frogger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
quote:
Originally posted by frogger:

Let us know how your G26 shoots! I have a G17 and 19 and have comptemplated a 26 myself.

I've owned the same model in the past so can go ahead and answer this. It shoots great. It actually is no harder to shoot than the 19 once you get used to the grip. From what I have read, the GAP Enterprises finger rest makes the grip much easier to get used to so I ordered a couple of them tonight.

••••••••••••••••••••
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 5409 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: November 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mainly a Mainer
Picture of clayshooter
posted Hide Post
I agree on the 26. I actually prefer the little 26 over my 19's most of the time, even simply for shooting at the range. The 26 shoots at least as well as the 19 and 17 for me. It just takes a tiny bit of getting used to having the pinky finger curled under the mag. I do not use any of the grip extenders/finger extensions. I usually consider the G26 my overall favorite 9mm pistol. Great gun.

Posts: 6018 | Location: NH | Registered: May 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Official
Hypochondriac
Picture of 220ST
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
The G19 makes a great Companion to that G17 Steve! It looks new!

I had to sell that G17. I had nothing, actually ( Eek )... until my friend brought this to my attention.