SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... 567
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
After owning no Glocks except for a G26 long ago I traded for an XD pistol, I've bought, or acquired in a trade, 9 Glock pistols since I started reading this thread...
I still have 4 of them that I'll keep.
No functional problems with the other 5, just had to keeping trying this or that until I found what I wanted..

Found I didn't care for 40cal, traded it for 9mm.
Found I didn't like the finger grooved frames, bought a couple Gen 2 and now a Gen 1.
Sold my G21 after buying a G30SF, sold the G30SF after buying a G30S, etc...

Took me several years to find that Glocks and older Sigs are my favorite handguns.. Big Grin

Posts: 4411 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did a little more work on my little one...

So I installed the NY1 8# Trigger with the 3.5# connector. It makes the trigger much stiffer/heavier but with a much cleaner snap when it breaks. I installed 20# Wolff Springs with a Steel Guide Rod (little extra weight), I have the 22# spring as well if I decide to try it. Also tried the add on Beavertail after shooting some IDPA with it and getting some nasty slide bite. I like the way the smooth one feels. Finally I installed Trijicon HD's(yellow).

So thats all for now...

Posts: 352 | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veni,vidi,Vici
Picture of Campusninja
posted Hide Post
Would have a hard time losing that gun if you dropped it.

Posts: 1262 | Location: Michigan | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Brings a new definition to the term HIVIZ.. Big Grin

But it is unique, and I'm all for that... Wink

Posts: 4411 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
The guy put the gun up around 22:00 last night on TGT, a Texas firearm trading site.
By the time he got up and checked it Friday morning, he had 12 emails inquiring about the pistol.
Mine was the first one... Big Grin
He could have gotten more than $425 for this pistol...IMHO

Anyway...
Looks great, black parts (even the frame serial number is black), minimal wear on the slide and barrel.
From what I can find it was made in November 1986, not sure if that is correct or not.
I'm not going to change a thing on this pistol, with the exception of trying to find an old stock guide rod.
The current guide rod is solid SS..
I'll do a total strip down and clean it up, but that is it...

I'm very happy with it, and that is really all that matters... Wink

Y'all have a great weekend...

Wow! Nice score! Looks like he hardly shot it.

Posts: 7404 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Harm:

So I installed the NY1 8# Trigger with the 3.5# connector. It makes the trigger much stiffer/heavier but with a much cleaner snap when it breaks. I installed 20# Wolff Springs with a Steel Guide Rod (little extra weight), I have the 22# spring as well if I decide to try it. Also tried the add on Beavertail after shooting some IDPA with it and getting some nasty slide bite. I like the way the smooth one feels. Finally I installed Trijicon HD's(yellow).

So thats all for now...

Slide bite? Really???

That poor, poor gun Frown

Now what will you use for a throw down gun? They will find that one too quick.

How many times has it been holstered? You already have some holster wear starting. Im just curious how durable the finish is.

Posts: 7404 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Regarding my G20/10mm

Walker: I don't have small hands so yes when I gripped it high as I wanted to I got slide bite. The gentleman who did the finish states ahead of time that carrying via kydex will start to wear at the edges. That is about 6 months of regular carrying (via Kydex) as well as shooting IDPA and steel matches with it. I've also had several Sigs done up (in more neutral colors) that I carry in leather holsters that have not experienced the same corner wear.

After the upgraded trigger and recoil spring it shoots so nicely it was a point of pride when I was able to get several friends who shoot 10mm in Delta Elite's to admit my gun was more fun to shoot. WIN!

Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:

So thats all for now...

I think it actually looks cool and creative. For a minute there I thought Glock had come out with it's own "Zombie Edition" pistol before I saw it was a custom. Besides, it IS a 10mm and we all know that 10mm will go through at least 5 zombie skulls in a row if they are all lined up and you do your part. Wink

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4416 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Normally, I would be critical of someone doing this to a pistol, but it is a 10mm, so I am a bit afraid that if I say something, it will vaporize me in my sleep.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm actually really annoyed by the whole ZOMBIE marketing thing so I've been calling it my RAVE GLOCK. Wanted to make it in a color that showed I'm not taking it more seriously that a 10mm needs to be taken. Wink

Picture of ardbeg
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm actually really annoyed by the whole ZOMBIE marketing thing so I've been calling it my RAVE GLOCK. Wanted to make it in a color that showed I'm not taking it more seriously that a 10mm needs to be taken. Wink

Shoulda gone neon pink with orange slide and mag release hardware.

_________
There once was a man from Nantucket...

Posts: 1347 | Location: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alptraum:
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
Shot my GLOCK 36 last night doing double taps and such... Ive had and own a number of 45s. Somehow this little blaster is the best little 45 I've ever shot for SD use. Hides like a G26 it is Durable reliable and easy to shoot fast and accurate.. Kinda negates the need for any other small carry gun.

Say something bad about it...I've been thinking about getting one of those as well. Help! Smile

Um Ok... It only carries 6+1 rounds of 45acp.
and a similar sized glock 19 carries 10 to 15+1 in a flush fit mag.. More if you want to carry a Glock 17 mag with a sleve or 33 if you want a stick of 9mm available.
That should do the trick...?

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by alptraum:
quote:
Shot my GLOCK 36 last night doing double taps and such... Ive had and own a number of 45s. Somehow this little blaster is the best little 45 I've ever shot for SD use. Hides like a G26 it is Durable reliable and easy to shoot fast and accurate.. Kinda negates the need for any other small carry gun.

Say something bad about it...I've been thinking about getting one of those as well. Help! Smile

Um Ok... It only carries 6+1 rounds of 45acp.
and a similar sized glock 19 carries 10 to 15+1 in a flush fit mag.. More if you want to carry a Glock 17 mag with a sleve or 33 if you want a stick of 9mm available.
That should do the trick...?

Dang it, I'm not totally dissuaded.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Strewth!
Picture of NVBigEd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
NVBigEd, your serial number begins "WMD". Wink

A added free bonus! I never really wanted a "WMD" but now that I have one...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NVBigEd,

"Indecision may, or may not, be my problem!"

Posts: 1104 | Location: Las Vegas area | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
Bought a Glock 20 today, never thought I would own one, thought they were ugly and felt weird in my hand! That was till I held the glock 20 at the lgs. I haven't shot it yet but I ordered 500 rounds of 10 mm from bulk ammo and it will be here Monday. From all I have read they shoot real nice! We will see.....

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BlueSheep - the G20 is a fantastic gun - I've got about 1000rds through mine and love it. I'e made a few changes to it - see the previous page Wink But its a great shooting gun - enjoy!

posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new gun. The 10mm is enough to almost push me into buying a Glock. I've never shot a 10 but it does really interest me and so few companies make guns in it.

Posts: 814 | Location: IL along the Illinois River | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
Well the ammo came in the mail yesterday, but it's -15 this morning, may have to wait till the weekend to shoot. looking forward to it.

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok maybe its me. I was at a farm store today and decided to hold another Glock. This time they had a couple of G23's. The guy asked if I wanted to see the gen 3 or gen 4. I asked to see the Gen 3 since I held gen4 a few weeks ago some place else. Interesting to me that the problem I had the last time didn't seem to bother me this time. I mentioned before it seemed like the trigger guard dug into my middle finger. I didn't notice this at all this time. Hummmm. Big Grin

Posts: 814 | Location: IL along the Illinois River | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been issued five Glocks since the late 1980's: a 17, then a 22 and a 27,then two different 23s. I have bought a 17, a 19, a 26, and a 23. The previously issued 22 and 27 now belong to me and not the agency. Guess I am definitely a Glockophile.
BTW,I bought my first SIG in twelve years today. A consigned P228 with case and all accessories and paperwork for $370 OTD. Appears to be a CPO gun. Makes up for the P239 I traded off for that Glock 23 years ago.....

Posts: 332 | Location: Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: January 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post