SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Malamutes:
Don't like the way they look, don't like the way they feel, don't shop at Wal-Mart (maybe too far, but that's what they feel like and elicit in me). I won't buy a gun that I don't like, Glock's may work every time, just work, whatever, but it's presumptive and erroneous to think there aren't other guns just as reliable and a whole lot better looking, and to me Glock's are ugly and utilitarian, and just uncomfortable. I have never posted in any thread about Glock's (and this will be my first and last), but more than any other gun I just don't get why people feel they have to convince me (and the internet world) how fabulous they are, and how we must all buy one. I don't like them, won't own one, have no desire to shoot those that friends bring to the range with them, and they let their Glocks sit while they shoot whatever I bring to the range. If I got a coupon in the mail for a free enema, and someone told me how great it was, I wouldn't go get that either, so I just wish people would stop sending the proverbial Glock coupons. Better now (and all meant in good fun).

I am just guessing you didn't read through the thread!

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, ummm....how's that discussion about great enemas come up, anyway?

Posts: 107611 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optical Delusion
Picture of BNW
posted Hide Post
quote:

In the bathhouse. Razz

Posts: 2092 | Location: Maine | Registered: January 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

It probably has something to do with anal-retentive. The good doctor Freud had such a way with words.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_retentiveness

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't like the way they look, don't like the way they feel, don't shop at Wal-Mart (maybe too far, but that's what they feel like and elicit in me). I won't buy a gun that I don't like, Glock's may work every time, just work, whatever, but it's presumptive and erroneous to think there aren't other guns just as reliable and a whole lot better looking, and to me Glock's are ugly and utilitarian, and just uncomfortable. I have never posted in any thread about Glock's (and this will be my first and last), but more than any other gun I just don't get why people feel they have to convince me (and the internet world) how fabulous they are, and how we must all buy one. I don't like them, won't own one, have no desire to shoot those that friends bring to the range with them, and they let their Glocks sit while they shoot whatever I bring to the range. If I got a coupon in the mail for a free enema, and someone told me how great it was, I wouldn't go get that either, so I just wish people would stop sending the proverbial Glock coupons. Better now (and all meant in good fun).

You can send me those coupons (the Glock ones not the enema ones) because I just bought a g21 and will buy a g30. And I'd like to get as many coupons and discounts as possible. Thanks!

Posts: 53 | Location: Hartselle AL. | Registered: September 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I need another Glock! Hoping to swap my Gen 3 G17 for a Gen4 34 or 17L and then pick up a Gen4 21.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I got a coupon in the mail for a free enema, and someone told me how great it was, I wouldn't go get that either, so I just wish people would stop sending the proverbial Glock coupons. Better now (and all meant in good fun).

Glock is offering free enemas via the U.S.P.S.? Why on earth would you turn down a Polymer Enema? You'll need to expand your horizons if you're going to make it at the Bath House... Razz

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
My Gen. 4 23 has impressed me so much that I'm thinking about a FDE 19 in Gen. 4 as well. I guess I'll need another set of 10-8 sights.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by matthew03:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by justjoe:
I picked up my Glock 22 in .40 this morning. I ordered an extended slide stop from Glockmeister as well as a butt plug. Haven't ordered yet but I will put AO "Big Dot" sights on it.

Lubed it with Slide Glide, and will try to get to the range tomorrow.

Already I kinda like it....

I'm happy for your purchase, but please leave the kinky sex stuff out of the Glock thread. LOL!!!

Sorry, failed attempt at humor due to my comment being placed inside of your quote. Anyone typing "butt plug" and "lube" into a gun forum post should receive some hazing.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glocks may be simple tools, but they are designed and built exceedingly well, and usually operate flawlessly. I have been shooting and carrying Sigs for 20 + yrs. I have taken most of my training with Sigs, and my normal carry favorites are the 225 and 228, with the occasional 230 thrown in for smaller concealed carry. I have had great luck with Glocks, and really like them. I think that most folks who carry quite a bit probably have a Glock. They are hard to beat for inclement weather, and the finish is one of the toughest there is. No, they are not as ascetically or mechanically pleasing as most Sigs, but they flat out work. If I am going out on a boat, a Glock comes with. The same goes for a hunting sidearm in snowy/rainy weather.

Most guys I know that are big Sig, S&W, Colt, Browning, etc. guys also have a few Glocks around. Yes, the trigger is a little different, and the polymer frame has some flex in it, but you can bet that it will go boom if you do your part. I have shot HK, Sig, and S&W polymer guns, and the Glocks are my favorite hands down. YMMV on this one, but that is my opinion.

I recently picked up a G20SF to replace a departed G20 from years ago, along with a Gen 2 G19. The Gen 2's and 3's that I shoot have all been great shooters. I have not tried a Gen 4 yet, but probably will sometime. I am also tempted by the Flat Dark Earth models, even though the color is somewhat frivolous (All of my other handguns are black or stainless), I like it.

So the title of this thread is very appropriate and for most knowledgeable shooters, very true.

Posts: 32 | Location: WA | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
I'm thinking that this one needs to be a Geb 4, But really to to hold one and make sure it'll be a better fit then the Gen 3's

I just got my first Glock ever (thanks Para, for inadvertently converting me.) and I actually liked the gen 3s over the gen 4s...

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been buying and shooting Glocks since the late 1980's. As I just recently told you, I picked up a Gen 4, G21 a few weeks ago to use as a bedside gun (with light). My birthday was Sunday, and my sweet bride gave me a new G36 to replace one that I sold a while back. Took it straight to the back yard to wring it out with five different loads. NO hesitation of any kind, even with BIG mouth hollow points, and the thing was crazy accurate ,even in MY hands. Big Grin Making it one of my EDC's. Great gun, and I like big bullets. What's not to like?!

Skip

Posts: 765 | Location: West Central Ga. | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I almost got into trouble in this thread once-upon-a-time...

Since this thread began, I've expanded my collection and knowledge... I've bought some Nighthawk Customs, some Wilson Combats, and indeed a couple of Sigs, Rugers, AR-15s, AR-10s from various manufacturers... but not yet a Glock.

I'm obviously lagging...

Perhaps one day...

I aspire to own one, but my priorities seem to be a bit mis-guided... after-all, Glock IS perfection...

Give me a little time to catch up with this...

As soon as I fall in love with a safety-action trigger, I'll buy a Glock!

Posts: 3314 | Location: Surf City, USA | Registered: April 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CRStout:
I almost got into trouble in this thread once-upon-a-time...

Since this thread began, I've expanded my collection and knowledge... I've bought some Nighthawk Customs, some Wilson Combats, and indeed a couple of Sigs, Rugers, AR-15s, AR-10s from various manufacturers... but not yet a Glock.

Yep been there done that except I bought a lot more than that until I finally came around. It was almost a sick feeling when I realized if there's another L.A. riot I'd choose my Glock 17 and not my beloved Springfield Custom Professional or my Les Baer as my primary sidearm. If I could only take one handgun with me it was the G17 and I'd leave the pricier 1911's behind if I had no choice. I realized the Glock was my tool of choice for survival. Definately one of those WTF moments.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Missing His Jeep
Picture of JeepDriver
posted Hide Post
Just traded another Glock. Added a G19 to the small collection of 34, 22 & 20SF

Posts: 7612 | Location: White Marsh, Maryland. USA | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
I went to my LGS today looking for a Gen4 G21 to join my G21SF and they didn’t have one. They did have a WWII Ithaca 1911 marked US Government Property and US Army in beautiful condition. Dang! Decisions! Decisions! Just looking for a Glock can get you in trouble.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Swapped a S&W #2206 .22 pistol that I seldom used for a Gen. 2 Glock 19, one high cap mag, original box, no tools. The gun is in about 90% condition. I am pretty pleased with this trade. I can not post photos because I am using a IPAD and don't know how to get photos from my phone to this machine.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colby Bruce:
Swapped a S&W #2206 .22 pistol that I seldom used for a Gen. 2 Glock 19, one high cap mag, original box, no tools. The gun is in about 90% condition. I am pretty pleased with this trade. I can not post photos because I am using a IPAD and don't know how to get photos from my phone to this machine.

Email the photo to yourself. Open the email on your iPad. Save it to your iPad. Download the photobucket app for iPad. Upload to photobucket then copy the img link to sigforum.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw another 40 Glock blow up at an IPSC match in NEPA 2 weeks back. Yes, it was the dipshit shooter's ammo, and it's the 3rd pistol he's blown up. But I'll still never buy one.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Several years ago I bought a gen 3 glock 19. It was pretty nice but I didn't like the grip width or angle so I ended up selling it. Just a couple months ago I bought a gen 4 glock 26 to have as a EDC piece instead of my LCP. The ejection on it was so erratic and unreliable it would shoot hot brass into my eyes every third round and FTE every other mag. Sold it after a month, am now carrying my P228. Probably won't ever buy a glock again. Frown

Posts: 77 | Location: VA | Registered: August 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post