SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of Venomous72
posted Hide Post
Between my HK45 and the G21 the difference in recoil is not even noticeable. They are both very soft shooting. I would argue that, for some reason, I shoot the Glock better, but I can't really pinpoint why...

--------------------------------
List O Zombie Killers:
SGL21-61
Smith & Wesson M&P15
HK45
Springfield Armory Loaded 1911
GP-100
Mossberg 500
Winchester 1200
Browning Buckmark .22 (FTW!!)

Posts: 881 | Location: Utah | Registered: September 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I ditched HK for Glock also. There is just something about the trigger on a HK trigger that I just couldnt master. I carried a P2000sk for a couple years. I was an ok shot with it. But with my 27, 26 and 23 I can shoot the center out of a target. And all i did to my Glocks was polish the internals. I am considering a Ghost trigger, but im not sure how i feel about that when its my ccw weapon. And im not sure what one to go with for ccw.

Posts: 7399 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bry@n
posted Hide Post
Bought another Glock today using the GSSF card. Got a glock 26 gen4. Put some Trijicon HD's on it and I love it. The HD's are awesome and I am planning on swapping the g19's sights to them.

Posts: 1541 | Location: PA | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bry@n:
Bought another Glock today using the GSSF card.

Posts: 107604 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bry@n
posted Hide Post
The force is strong Para. Lately I prefer to shoot the glocks over anything else.

btw, had a chance to try out the new trijicon HD night sights and really like them. They make it easy to pick up the front sight very fast.

Posts: 1541 | Location: PA | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sargespd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by bry@n:
Bought another Glock today using the GSSF card.

Something...Something...Something, Dark Side. Something...Something...Something, complete.

I shave with Occam's razor

Posts: 3654 | Location: Springdale (Cincinnati) Ohio USA | Registered: January 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I won't buy one. Not today.

I've only shot one once a few years ago. I was a pleasure to shoot, but un-inspiring at the same time. Maybe I shouldn't have shot the FN Five-seveN the same day.

I've been of the state of mind if I found one that was a steal, preferably a G19, at the same time I had spare funds, I'd pick one up. Lately I've settled in on .357 Sig as my carry round so it gave me reason to look a little harder at the option of a G32, especially since I had decided to replace my P2000 LEM .357 (ended up with a P239, but that could change). There are just to many other "pretty" guns out there that can serve the same purpose.

So today I went to a gun show to help a friend pick out a carry piece. I haven't "shopped" seriously for a handgun for a while so it was nice to hold and feel a bunch. I had told my friend that the G19 or G26 would meet his criteria. He took an immediate shine to the G19. We all nodded and smiled, of course it feels good. I thought to myself, yeah, I better take a good hard look at that too. I held the Gen 3, and it felt so right, yet so not right at the same time. I noticed that my fingers did not line up in the grooves. Hmmm. Maybe the Gen 4 addressed that. Though it was a little better, it still didn't fit. I was bothered and happy for the same reason - I'm not buying a Glock.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
But you will........... MWAH HAHAHAHAHAHA

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
After a quarter-century of resistance, I have bought a Glock. Actually, traded on one, but you get the point.

Gen 3 Glock 19, sold as used but apparently un-fired prior to my purchas...below is a pic of the results of the first four magazines' worth of ammo through it, then a close-up of this amazing pistol.

I've only been through about 200-ish rounds, but I think I'm hooked...

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6694 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Got a G20 upper to use on my G21 frame. Got 1/2 a new Glock!

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MT357Magnum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
quote:
Originally posted by MT357Magnum:
What kind of extended mag adapters are those? They A&G kind?

If your question is regarding my G36 they are Plus one round extensions by Pearce...

http://www.kingglock.com/Detai...PROD=235224&CAT=4304

Yep. Thanks Ranger, They looked like a different brand besides Pierce..

Posts: 2601 | Location: Mich | Registered: September 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just bought a G17, my first Glock. I was originally thinking of getting the 19, but after shooting it on several range trips I realized the grip just doesn't fit my hand. I thought it was a little too short, but after playing around with it for a while, I now think the finger grooves are too close together for me. My hand always felt cramped after shooting 100 rounds or so.

Posts: 61 | Registered: August 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Didn't buy one today.

Hmm... Are the grips on the G17 going to have wider spacing in the grooves, possibly fitting my hand better?

You bastages just won't let me go, will you

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ironguy:
Didn't buy one today.

Hmm... Are the grips on the G17 going to have wider spacing in the grooves, possibly fitting my hand better?

Did it for me.

Posts: 61 | Registered: August 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ming:
quote:
Originally posted by ironguy:
Didn't buy one today.

Did it for me.

That's F'en great. Now I have to come up with another excuse.

Picture of vsp39o2
posted Hide Post
The title to this thread is so true.

So true.

Just got back from my favorite shop, where I have, on layaway, a gently used Gen2 G21. The OTD price-point was impossible to walk away from.

The Glockness has a hold on me.

Further, I also laid-away a VGC SW6946 for an even nicer price. To make matters great, it was the wife who talked me into selecting BOTH of them- even after not finding the BHP that she so desperately wants. But, that's another story for another time.

------------------------------
The pool's in,
but the patio ain't dry.

Posts: 1814 | Location: greater metro Tar Bay | Registered: March 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ming:
Just bought a G17, my first Glock. I was originally thinking of getting the 19, but after shooting it on several range trips I realized the grip just doesn't fit my hand. I thought it was a little too short, but after playing around with it for a while, I now think the finger grooves are too close together for me. My hand always felt cramped after shooting 100 rounds or so.

Me too. I'm going to break out the dremel this weekend and remove them pesky little grooves. I've handled Glocks with this modification before and they feel just like the XD's.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After researching a shooting several 9mms: M&P,cz75,Glock,FNX,XD. I found I liked the g17 the best, so I went a put a down payment on a Gen 4 today. It will arrive next week!

Posts: 191 | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para: I can't believe the success of your evil plan, this thread has a way of getting into your head. I used to never even think about Glocks, now I can feel this thread eating away at my soul just a little more every time it pops up. Pretty soon I won't be able to hold out any longer, I think I have to admit that I will probably own a Glock by the end of the year... Confused

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3504 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carriganzl
posted Hide Post
I just received my second Glock, a 26 from Steve today. Man this thing is a pocket rocket that is really a tack driver. Of course I polished up the internals and put a smooth trigger in, also put in a Ghost tactical connector, but I haven't decided if I'll swap it out for a rocket. Guess tomorrow is another day to decide.

SCUBA Diving, going down is what we do best.

Posts: 955 | Location: Western NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post