SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of BDRED
posted Hide Post
My Glock 20 is a great 10mm . Plus a good carry gun a true stopper.

Every day above ground is a good day.
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
P220 equinox carry/ SIG P220 PLATINIUM ELITE /P229 PLATINUM ELITE/ SIG P229 SAS Gen 2

Posts: 44 | Location: NEW JERSEY | Registered: September 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have nothing against Glocks...I'm just not sure why I would choose one over an S&W M&P.

Posts: 291 | Location: OC, CA | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattB85:
I have nothing against Glocks...I'm just not sure why I would choose one over an S&W M&P.

I think the Glock's trigger is better than the M&P in both let off and reset.

The Glock is a proven performer.

The Glock is easy to fieldstrip, detal strip and armor. Parts are readily available.

The Glock has superior customer service.

The M&P is nothing but S&W's continued attempt to copy the Glock.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mike718
posted Hide Post
I love my Glock 23, my next purchase is either a Glock 29SF or Glock 30SF.

NRA Member

Posts: 177 | Location: VA | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
I have fired Glocks on a number of occasions and just plain can't stand them. It's not a fault of the gun or the design and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to a friend.

I can't stand them because they bite me. That ultra-low bore axis coupled with my big meaty paws means that even the tiniest bit of muzzle rise causes the slide to rub my hand. It's really tough to shoot well when a gun is biting you.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not quite right
Picture of P220forever
posted Hide Post
I wish Sig would make a 10mm. The only G Lock I'd consider is a G20 and I wouldn't even want one of those.

Posts: 10028 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of incoherent lunacy
Picture of detmeng
posted Hide Post
IMHO the 26 is the bestest carry gun made. Never really warmed up to the 19 I bought which I eventually transferred to my son. But the 26 is budda.

"To Hell And Back Reliability"

Posts: 3923 | Location: CA USA | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Almost answered on a similar thread a while back. Sitting here downrange has more limited options for "freetime" so he's my thoughts...

Heard a couple good analogies over the years, as was mentioned earlier "Love my Rolex, but actually wear my G-Shock / Timex / etc." The other one I liked was "I have a great Mont Blanc on my desk, but when I need a pen to write something whenever, wherever, I use my Bic every time." This was a comparison to custom refined 1911s to the out of the box Glock. (At the time) not much for customization options on the Glock, not elegant, not pretty, not much to make "fancy," but there to do the job when you need it. It works every time. The “Bic pen” of handguns, it’s what you actually rely on to simply work.

In the end, it comes down to what you use the weapon for (target shooting, competition, tool for saving/taking life) and how you train to employ it (practice for fun, drills to score better & faster, or FIGHT with the firearm). I was "raised" (for FIGHTING with a pistol, anyway) on the beautiful simplicity of a Glock - one trigger pull, no hammers, de-cockers, safeties, etc. Chamber a round, put it in your holster, DONE. When it comes out, engage the threat with GRIP, SIGHTS, PRESS. The ultimate in KISS. Marry this up w/ reliability, durability, economy... pretty good deal. I also liked keeping a single "operating system," so the muscle memory for the G17/19/26 carried over to my G21/30. I carried the M9 in the FMF, but everywhere else (off duty, schools, competition) was Glock.

Kept this up even into the first couple of years of my tour assigned to NSW, until I went to a training course with another government agency. Carried & shot their issue G19 all summer. Came back to Va Beach & on my first range day back w/ the P226, I short-stroked the trigger reset on the Sig. A few months of work had "confused" the muscle memory on what had previously been an unconscious reflex motor action. I decided that day, while I still love the Glock & all its benefits, I will ONLY carry the Sig "operating system" for fighting w/ a handgun. That is, until my unit and NSW change pistols & I get a new “work gun.”

I own Sig, Glock, HK, Browning HPs, and 1911s, and enjoy them all. I have had examples of each for many years, and plan to keep versions of them all. Even if I wish that Glock were my work gun (for the reasons identified above), it will not change the facts on the ground. I cannot afford to carry anything other than a Sig when it comes time to rely on tens of thousands of rounds & thousands of hours of training, to enter the fight - and perform to the best of my ability.

Gunny sends...

Posts: 122 | Location: VB, VA, USA | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I want to shoot a Glock, I'll borrow my sons. I don't like the trigger. I won't buy a Rolex because when they break it costs too much to fix. I use a Omega.

Posts: 289 | Location: Coastal SC | Registered: September 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 1st handgun was a Glock 19 9mm (Dec 08).
My 2nd handgun was a Sig P239 TT 9mm (Jan 09).
As of today I have yet to shoot my Sig.
Could it be I've been Glockendized ?

Be vigilant and Everseeing *** Be attentive and Ever listening *** Be aware and Ever knowing *** Be astute and Ever abiding ***
Be careful and Ever ready ***

Posts: 6 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HWStevens
posted Hide Post
My Rolex Submariner has been with me deep in the Caribbean, the Pacific and the Coral Sea.

My Sig P220 is my primary carry when I can conceal it.

Today's practice:

"Son, when your commanding officer says, 'Shoot that man's eye out!' the appropriate response is, 'Which eye, Sir?' and if he's good he'll let you pick."
- My father, I was five
Management 101: Push decisions down.

Posts: 2098 | Location: Camp Swift, Texas | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HWStevens:
My Rolex Submariner has been with me deep in the Caribbean, the Pacific and the Coral Sea.

My Sig P220 is my primary carry when I can conceal it.

Today's practice:

The missing portion of the target looks like mine with my 1995 P220. Whats with the eleven fliers? Wink

Posts: 299 | Location: "Gun Town", USA | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably the Rolex

Posts: 289 | Location: Coastal SC | Registered: September 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Never heard the BIC analogy. But it does make sense.

Edit to add....

If I need to detail strip a Glock, a BIC pen will do nicely. Wink

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first handgun was a Glock(26). I have been through many different models and makes. I sold it when hard on cash. But bought a new one, first was a second hand. New one has factory night sites and I love it.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have never understood the idea of them being fugly. I have never thought so. Different from say a stainless 1911 but at the same rate, some may not like that look either.

The Glocks I have owned (2 26's, 19, 17) have all perfomed flawlessly. Ultra reliable and something I would always trust my life on.

Love my Sig too. Different beast and I appreciate it as much as my Glocks. I only own one Sig as my funds are not to the level of what I would need to have everything I want. I would need a seperate Warehouse to hold all of the firearms I would like to own. But that is the thing. I have boguht both brands on a budget. With knowing what they both have to offer. Both excellent brands of firearms. Both worth every penny on my budget(could never afford a $3000 custom 1911, although I would love to).

That is one of the great things about firearms compared to women. You can own and love and play with more then one without making the other jealous. Think of yourself like Hughe Heffner, you get to play with all of the sexy things without being tied to just one. What more could you ask for???

Posts: 5 | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishbait
posted Hide Post
I have several black service guns that I would rely on if needed and one of the favored ones is a G 26 with a 12 round magazine. I admit to owning several more Glocks but the 26 is probably my favorite as the P228 is my favorite SIG.

Favorite does not equate to the best but somehow means there is something about the gun that sets it apart from the others, something that just works well.

Glocks have become the working mans gun in my eyes as they still sell for about the same price as several years ago. SIG has become the darling of the high priced spread crowd.

I'll take the black finish of a Glock over the Nitron finish of a SIG any day.

Glock, king of the service pistols. I can still afford to purchase them. Big Grin

Glock makes a 10mm too. Big Grin

Posts: 5968 | Location: Western Wa. USA | Registered: April 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fishbait:

I'll take the black finish of a Glock over the Nitron finish of a SIG any day.

+1

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

Nope, not me. I dont like it's look, I don't like its feel, I don't like its trigger and I dont like the sound of its mechanism and I dont see a reason why I should get one.

I stay with what I'm most proficient with for 20 years, that has an equal funcionality, but I do the same with my chosen pistol what you do with your Glock .... except for the bomb shelter thing.

regards, Daniel

Posts: 3778 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poohgyrr
posted Hide Post
If you're buying a Glock, just get the .40 of your choice, conversion barrels in .357 Sig and 9X19, and 9mm G17 mags.

Then buy more ammo then you think you need, dittos for reloading componants and dies.

Then it's trigger time at the range.

If you have to have a 10MM and the Glocks are too big, send a stainless P220 to Grayguns for the conversion. Or just buy an eight shot S&W .357 Magnum.

John

"Life brings sorrows and joys alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt

Posts: 426 | Location: Sutter's Fort | Registered: March 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never in my lifetime. They point shoot high, if the trigger is contacted the safety is defeated and most of all that gun is developing in impressive history of negligent and reckless discharges along with it's share of ADs.
I understand these issues are opperator error just seems to happen more often with the Glock.
I'm required to be a Glock armorer and still don't care for them in any way. I've been through a number of factory armorer schools and the Glock school was the only one that knocked other guns. Just gave me a bad opinion of them.

Posts: 147 | Location: Oxford Oh | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post