Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Zev Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
True, but I still bend over to pick up money off the ground. Making a 1911 angle grip taking all the same parts wouldn’t even be hard for Glock. They probably already have the molds/programs/whatever. Zev sells them for 62 bucks a pop. Glock could sell it for that or less and own the market. Hell I would buy one just for tinkering sake.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Well, coming at it from another angle, Glock sells every gun they make.

I worked for a manufacturer of a different product that also sold every unit we built. One time, I brought up an idea for something that I figured would sell like crazy. It eventually did, but when I brought it up, my production manager asked me if I didn't have enough work to keep up with. It was a conversation, but "controlled growth" is the term that stuck with me. I don't think Glock is hurting for business in any way that has them caring about 1911 grip angles.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P220 Smudge,

Posts: 17172 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
My Polymer80 serialized frame was only $150, although they seem to be selling full guns for about $550.

Posts: 4200 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find it hard to believe that in a mature market Glock has no excess manufacturing capacity. We are talking about a plastic grip with some metal rails.

They don't want to do it, I agree with you there, yet they found the spare capacity to continue to make the 42 and 44 which I bet aren't massive sellers anymore.

Beretta just introduced the BOX though and HK thinks a micro striker is just what we need so clearly I don't understand the market. At all.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
There's a reason they call Glock the Apple of the gun world...

Posts: 4200 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Well, a number of people on this forum sold their 42’s when the 43 came out to “upgrade,” and now we’re seeing threads where some who did just that have migrated back. The 42 is a fantastic little gun for what it is. I’ve shot a number of .380’s and it handily smokes them all so far. It may not be Glock’s biggest seller, but I’m willing to bet it sells steadily.

Posts: 17172 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
But, why would Glock want to? As it was mentioned, they sell every gun they make. The plant in GA has stayed at least a half million guns back since 2014.

People complain when SIG does what is being proposed that Glock do here. When it makes no sense. They own most of the market.

HK and Beretta shoot themselves in the feet so often that they constantly grab defeat from the jaws of victory. Beretta seems to be throwing shit at a wall, and HK will be hurting once the Tier 1 guys all jump ship on the 416. Which you can listen and hear those footsteps coming....

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Can think of several:

Retain existing customers who are spending money on aftermarket guns that resemble or are based on Glocks. Entice new customers who have money but don't buy Glock products. Maintain leading market share, show consumers that they have the ability to innovate and adapt to market trends such as MOS, 22lr, Front serrations.

They innovate now, Glock has 5 generations of the same pistol design if they took the attitude of "we sell all we make" then we'd only have Gen 1 or 2 G17's.

Those type of upgrades and Gucci products are not for everyone, but, there is a market for higher priced value firearms and better performing systems, the fact that Glock is now selling a factory performance trigger assembly shows they are watching that segment of the industry.

Posts: 23504 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup. It sounds like you are saying Glock thinks they are making enough money. Hmmmm.

The market is already there. Guaranteed Glock has dabbled in these waters already in their laboratories.

Beretta is shooting themselves in the foot. SAO 92 with a frame mounted safety = good. Redoing an 84 with a pic rail and goofy optics cut and no supplied plate for 800 bones = bad.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You should ask Glock and then let us know what they say. Only Glock can tell you.

Posts: 107651 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got some free time later. Got to figure out Austrian time zones first. See what old Gaston has up his sleeve.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
While you’re at it, ask him why he threw away all that money by not releasing the PCC in the mid 90s they had prototyped. They would have owned that market, and it still would be a great seller today.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s on my list.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Screw it, call him up right now, at home.

He doesn't need sleep... We need answers! Big Grin

Posts: 32528 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Beretta is shooting themselves in the foot. SAO 92 with a frame mounted safety = good. Redoing an 84 with a pic rail and goofy optics cut and no supplied plate for 800 bones = bad.

What's funny is according to the Youtube comments, we've got it backwards.