SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cobrajet:
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Just a small point I'd like to make, there are 111 models discontinued at this time in just the pistols section of the Sig Sauer site. I dont know how many long guns. I can't guess how many models Sig currently offers in pistols but it is many. Consider that sinse just the late 1970's and it would be fair to say they are a young gun manufacturer.

By contrast, Colt has been making guns for what 160 years or more and still can't get passed the same old offerings in a 1911. Cripes, most of their revolvers are no longer available

If one takes into account all the different models and variations Sig Sauer has made in the most popular defense gun calibers, it would be accurate to say there has never been a gun manufacturer so versatile and productive. Add to that, the P 210's, X guns and there is no company in the firearms industry who can even come close. Heck, Sig has even been fairly innovative in the polymer guns market.

It's only been in recent times that the 10mm guns have gained interest of shooters and they didn't let any grass grow bringing them to market.

I'm not understanding the purpose of this post considering we are talking about the P220. I like what Colt makes and would probably not be the first in line if they offered some plastic 9mm striker fire the same way some people scoffed at SIGs new designs, BUT Colt being mainly a 1911 company and mainly .45s has cost them dearly while SIGs innovation and variety of products has made them into a much stronger company, I just don't see what Colt has to do with this discussion unless maybe we are comparing the P220 to the Delta Elite?

It is my response to the former Member above who raised hell about Sig being late to the game, that's all.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm. It's like two
40s with every shot.
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cobrajet:
quote:
Just a small point I'd like to make, there are 111 models discontinued at this time in just the pistols section of the Sig Sauer site. I dont know how many long guns. I can't guess how many models Sig currently offers in pistols but it is many. Consider that sinse just the late 1970's and it would be fair to say they are a young gun manufacturer.

By contrast, Colt has been making guns for what 160 years or more and still can't get passed the same old offerings in a 1911. Cripes, most of their revolvers are no longer available

If one takes into account all the different models and variations Sig Sauer has made in the most popular defense gun calibers, it would be accurate to say there has never been a gun manufacturer so versatile and productive. Add to that, the P 210's, X guns and there is no company in the firearms industry who can even come close. Heck, Sig has even been fairly innovative in the polymer guns market.

It's only been in recent times that the 10mm guns have gained interest of shooters and they didn't let any grass grow bringing them to market.

I'm not understanding the purpose of this post considering we are talking about the P220. I like what Colt makes and would probably not be the first in line if they offered some plastic 9mm striker fire the same way some people scoffed at SIGs new designs, BUT Colt being mainly a 1911 company and mainly .45s has cost them dearly while SIGs innovation and variety of products has made them into a much stronger company, I just don't see what Colt has to do with this discussion unless maybe we are comparing the P220 to the Delta Elite?

It is my response to the former Member above who raised hell about Sig being late to the game, that's all.

I would rather they be late to the game than release a monstrosity of a pistol. Colt tried to branch out of the 1911 game. That just gave us the Double Eagle. I haven't seen one of these in years.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Double_Eagle

Posts: 616 | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Host, Tom Gresham's
Gun Talk
posted Hide Post
Another limited edition 10mm P220.

www.durysguns.com

Posts: 25 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Good to see you, Tom. Thanks for the link. Looks great.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Gresham:

www.durysguns.com

Good to see. I like to see that they are taking payment or deposits. However, that particular one has different sprinkles than what I'm looking for. I'm holding out for the stainless, fixed sights, rosewood grips SAO variant. Any idea where a guy could send his money for one of those?

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MtCowboy
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone. I am a long time reader but have never posted much. However, I was following this thread eagerly since it began.

I got a chance to speak with Jason at the Lipseys booth regarding the 10mm's. He asked that I pass on some product information to the readership.

The intent for their exclusive is to have 5 basic pistols and the remaining two should be out shortly. The next two will be DA/SA, 4.4 in barrels with night sights in the all black G10 grip configuration and all stainless with rosewood. Jason expects that they will show up around the same time as the camo hunter model or a little before(early/mid 2015).

The stainless 5 in SAO may be getting adjustable sights while the black 5 in SAO will stay the same (more options for a hunting/target purpose).

Jason also said he would work on getting a press release out to the forum when the two additional pistols are available.

Posts: 249 | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MtCowboy:
The next two will be DA/SA, 4.4 in barrels with night sights in the all black G10 grip configuration and all stainless with rosewood. Jason expects that they will show up around the same time as the camo hunter model or a little before(early/mid 2015).

Wow! That is great news and a model I would definitely get! Cool

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hello everyone. I am a long time reader but have never posted much. However, I was following this thread eagerly since it began.

I got a chance to speak with Jason at the Lipseys booth regarding the 10mm's. He asked that I pass on some product information to the readership.

The intent for their exclusive is to have 5 basic pistols and the remaining two should be out shortly. The next two will be DA/SA, 4.4 in barrels with night sights in the all black G10 grip configuration and all stainless with rosewood. Jason expects that they will show up around the same time as the camo hunter model or a little before(early/mid 2015).

The stainless 5 in SAO may be getting adjustable sights while the black 5 in SAO will stay the same (more options for a hunting/target purpose).

Jason also said he would work on getting a press release out to the forum when the two additional pistols are available.

This is the information that I'd been hoping for! Thanks for the info!

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Put me down for the all black night sight 4.4 with G10 grips. OK, put me down for two. Magazines may be $45 f the above link is correct, but I want this pistol.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
The stainless 5 in SAO may be getting adjustable sights

BAH! You just shit on my sprinkles.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
The next two will be DA/SA, 4.4 in barrels with night sights in the all black G10 grip configuration and all stainless with rosewood. Jason expects that they will show up around the same time as the camo hunter model or a little before(early/mid 2015).

THAT is great news, and the gun I think a lot of Sig fans got foamed up about and with good reason. If it looks anything like the P220.45ACP Stainless Elite ....

...then it's an automatic winner. Kind of wish it would be identical to the above, but with a 5" barrel, just to help tame the recoil of the 10mm when turned all the way up, but nevertheless a 4.4" 10mm in the above livery will be most welcome!

Posts: 798 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MtCowboy
posted Hide Post
Jason said it would look just like the 5 in stainless does right now but with the 4.4 barrel. So it should look just like the pic you put up.

Posts: 249 | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Gresham:

www.durysguns.com

Hello Tom! Wow a radio celeb, I am honored sir. Only at Sig Forum.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jason said it would look just like the 5 in stainless does right now but with the 4.4 barrel. So it should look just like the pic you put up.

Again, good news. Hopefully at some point in the future, they'll release a stainless DA/SA 5" version (if I understand you right, the planned offering of a stainless 5" version is going to be SAO, not DA/SA).
Thanks for the info, brother.

Posts: 798 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not quite dead yet?
Picture of TxMark
posted Hide Post
For those of you ...and me...who are already looking and buying 10mm ammo in anticipation of this wonderful "happening" AIM has a sale on PPU 10mm at what I think is a very decent price.

$18.50 a box of 50. I bought 10.

Mark

half this nation is permanently sucking on the big free tit or just plain out of their liberal twisted minds.

Posts: 3495 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Host, Tom Gresham's
Gun Talk
posted Hide Post
The Gun Talk version of the 10mm P220 is to celebrate 20 years on the air for the radio show. Just a fun project. I've been hounding Sig for three years to do this. It just happened to come about when we were hitting 20 years.

Had a great lunch with Bruce on Friday at the SHOT Show. Talked 10mm, Sigs, parts, and other stuff. Hadn't seen him in many years. Back in the Sportsman's Team Challenge days.

Posts: 25 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
quote:
The stainless 5 in SAO may be getting adjustable sights

BAH! You just shit on my sprinkles.

Smile

Yeah. That's disappointing news for sure.

Want Stainless SAO? get stuck with other shit you don't want and can't easily undo/swap.

Brilliant!

Good news otherwise, though.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TxMark:
For those of you ...and me...who are already looking and buying 10mm ammo in anticipation of this wonderful "happening" AIM has a sale on PPU 10mm at what I think is a very decent price.

Mark

Just keep in mind it is a VERY light load.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm. It's like two
40s with every shot.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by TxMark:

Mark

Just keep in mind it is a VERY light load.

Don't waste your money. I have .40 that is hotter than the PPU. The brass is extremely thin as well. There are examples of bullet pushback that can cause high pressure. The brass isn't even good enough to reload. I tried it once when it was about that price or a little lower. Never again.

Posts: 616 | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
I'm getting almost 1100 ft/sec from 180 gr ppu out of a glock 20.

Have not had the time to keep up with all the news but will the P220-10 be able to handle Underwood ammo at 1300 ft/sec? I have a ton of it.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post