SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MtCowboy:
Raider:

Jason from Lipseys said there would be two more pistols coming up next. There will be 4.4 in barrels, night sights, and one each in all black and all stainless

That's good news, any time frame? Summer, fall, winter? Be better if it's a bit later, just to give me some time to 'accumulate capital'...

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MtCowboy:
Raider:

Jason from Lipseys said there would be two more pistols coming up next. There will be 4.4 in barrels, night sights, and one each in all black and all stainless

I suspect I will also end up with one of these for carry. I know it will be heavier than a full size steel frame 1911 and a little thicker, but I think I can manage it.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MtCowboy
posted Hide Post
Jason thought we would see the 4.4 in models around the same time as the camo optical sight model. He didn't have a hard date but sooner rather than later this year is expected.

Posts: 250 | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I'm positively drooling like a hound over the prospect of a 220 carry SAS in 10mm.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I guess I'll have to wait some time to get my hands on a P220 10mm X-Seven Big Grin

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New guy here. Stumbled onto the 10mm advertising somewhere, and had to preorder the GT20.

Cannot Wait!

Posts: 20 | Registered: February 22, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Host, Tom Gresham's
Gun Talk
posted Hide Post
Just got in the first GT20 10mm P220. Posted photos to Twitter. twitter.com/guntalk They did a nice job with it. Feels great. That grip is nice and thin. If the rain stops, we'll get it to the range this week to shoot video.

Posts: 25 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted Hide Post
Here's Tom Gresham's link.

https://twitter.com/guntalk

She's beautiful, by the way!

~ Tom (Bailey, not Gresham)

Posts: 6847 | Location: Idaho | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
quote:
Originally posted by TheGeoman:
When can I buy mine?

Track down a dealer of Lipsey's and give them your order. Mine's already paid for Big Grin I don't have 1,000 rounds of ammo, but I've got 600 so far. That'll give my banana peel wrists a workout.

O/T a little here ...

What defensive ammo do people prefer? I suppose in the 180 grain range? 1300 fps?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Host, Tom Gresham's
Gun Talk
posted Hide Post
Does anyone carry the Doubletap Ammo Equalizer loads? Two projectiles in each cartridge. Two 10mm versions. One is 190 grains at 1210 fps. One 135JHP over a hardcast solid 55-grain bullet.

http://www.doubletapammo.net/i...6_134&product_id=187

Pretty interesting. I've shot equalizers in several calibers. Impressively accurate, and the two projectiles hit close together. Range before they spread so much they wouldn't both hit an attacker is about 35 yards in our testing.

Posts: 25 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
From SIG: first production P220 10mms are on track for 4/1 ship date (I know, 4/1 = April Fools, but today is 2/24 so I don't think they're pulling my leg).

We'll see, but that's the latest from SIG.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LDD, your information is correct according to my Sig contact. However, the distributor called Lipsey's is getting an exclusive on all but 1 style for first 3 months. Supposedly, Lipsey's will not sell to internet dealers without a storefront, so if you decide to preorder from any dealer, make sure they buy from Lipsey's or you won't get one for a long time! Collectors will surely want early guns: but others should consider waiting awhile, as we've all seen "teething issues" for most major new models!

As an aside, does anyone know how Bruce Gray is doing? He is such a class act and hope he gets well soon!

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ordnance Outsell: As an aside, does anyone know how Bruce Gray is doing?

On Bruce Gray:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6250054473

On the P220 10mm:

I did talk to Lipsey's at SHOT and it seems they have no minimum order, so if your FFL wants just one P220 10mm for you, you can get one.

I know that doesn't help you Jerry, but for our regular members, it seems to be a good sign.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ordnance Outsell:
LDD, your information is correct according to my Sig contact. However, the distributor called Lipsey's is getting an exclusive on all but 1 style for first 3 months. Supposedly, Lipsey's will not sell to internet dealers without a storefront, so if you decide to preorder from any dealer, make sure they buy from Lipsey's or you won't get one for a long time! Collectors will surely want early guns: but others should consider waiting awhile, as we've all seen "teething issues" for most major new models!

As an aside, does anyone know how Bruce Gray is doing? He is such a class act and hope he gets well soon!

What are the "styles". You mention, "all but 1 style". Are you referring to the P220 10mm? Are they bringing out multiple configurations? Will that be in parallel or serially like SIG often does.

I'm not really interested in collecting. However, it's be nice to know what configurations SIG has planned and how they are planning on rolling them out.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sigwolf, One of Lipsey's is an all black, all stainless, think one will be all stainless like Stainless Elite's that we are used to seeing and one will have a camo finish: but don't think pics are available yet.

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
All 3 configurations have been posted with pics earlier in this thread.
Nitron finish
Full stainless finish
Reverse two tone

Those are the first to be released. Talks of more to be released later on.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
Starting to get excited as the DA/SA version Elite Match is the one I want. Will likely have to dip into savings, but how often does an opportunity like this come up for Sig and 10MM Fans?

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWolf:
What are the "styles". You mention, "all but 1 style". Are you referring to the P220 10mm? Are they bringing out multiple configurations? Will that be in parallel or serially like SIG often does.

I'm not really interested in collecting. However, it's be nice to know what configurations SIG has planned and how they are planning on rolling them out.
Here is a quick refresher of the first four being introduced. I did not handle the GT version so I am using there images.

There is also at least one short run custom configuration available. Writer and on air personality Tom Gresham, host of Gun Talk, has a GT version that is limited to 1000 pistols. It is SAO in all stainless finish with Gun Talk logoed G10 grips.

image courtesy of Drurys guns

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On Lipsey's website it shows the reverse 2 tone with fixed sights and in the description it says Siglite night sights, not the adjustable sights as pictured here.
http://www.lipseys.com/itemdet...emno=SI220R510RTASMS

Posts: 66 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: April 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have info on non Lipsey P220-10. SAO Match Elite Kryptic Camo Kryptec coated all stainless slide and frame, front cocking serrations, Black G10 Pirhana grips, Siglite rear night sight (looks fixed) and Tru-Glo TFO front sights
(have used both front and rear TFO on personal Glocks last couple of years and local customers who used mine, loved them and ordered them. Unlike Equinox with exposed fiber optic tube, TFO can't be "bumped and broken" like other fiber optic, as tubes are buried in metal; but allows light to enter from front or above and brightest tritium I've seen in rear, which will apply to Sig front TFO, making it significantly brighter than Siglite rear, easy pickup of front! Confidential info on what I was sent; plus my poor computer skills prevent me from posting actual pic; but it is a sort of darker FDE camo which looks great IMHO: but before I saw it, was prepared not to like it! MAP is
$1349.99: but should expect them to sell for a minimum of MSRP, even above for awhile!

Just coincidently I'm sure, release date is April 1!

770-977-0662