SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the quick response on the rebate.

Also is anyone reloading for 10mm? Got a good bit of power pistol, just wanted to see what y'all were using. Can't wait to get my hands on my new pistol.

Posts: 9 | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Notwithstanding the magazine insertion "issues" being talked about here,has anybody found out when spare mags will be available? I spoke to Sig shortly after purchasing my P220 ( several weeks ago) and they said to look for them on the website. Needless to say,they are not there yet. As a side note,I shot with a friend today who also has a new P220/10 and he used the mags from his P220/45. Worked fine.

Posts: 3 | Registered: April 13, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excitebikemike:
Also is anyone reloading for 10mm? Got a good bit of power pistol, just wanted to see what y'all were using. Can't wait to get my hands on my new pistol.

I usually go with Blue Dot for 10mm. 10.7gr with an 180gr bullet. Feels very much like Winchester Silvertips which I prefer to use for SD. Usually only go with Power Pistol for some nice, loud loads that get attention at the range (or at a match). Usually went with 9.8gr of Power Pistol with 165gr bullet.

Looking forward to a 4.4" P220-10 later this year to replace the S&W 1076 I've been using for EDC!

IDPA FANatic

Posts: 11 | Registered: January 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
When will someone buy a .38 Super/9mm barrel and try a conversion with one of these pistols?

Too early? Wink Razz

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dunflyin2012:
Notwithstanding the magazine insertion "issues" being talked about here,has anybody found out when spare mags will be available? I spoke to Sig shortly after purchasing my P220 ( several weeks ago) and they said to look for them on the website. Needless to say,they are not there yet. As a side note,I shot with a friend today who also has a new P220/10 and he used the mags from his P220/45. Worked fine.

With Sig and their roll outs there is no telling.
I bought a few 220/45 mags to use for the time being as it will be range purposes only and I generally have simple 180 gr flat nose that should not hang up.
If they give me issues I'll sell them or have an excuse to buy a 220 in .45 considering I do have a few hundred rounds of .45 but nothing chambered in .45.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
When will someone buy a .38 Super/9mm barrel and try a conversion with one of these pistols?

Too early? Wink Razz

Frankly I hadn't thought about it. It would require a 5" barrel and I'm not sure where I would get one.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Either a custom barrel from a company like Bar-Sto or maybe a 9mm barrel from a P226 X-Five would probably be the way to go, with the chamber bored out as necessary for .38 Super. Not that I'm encouraging you or anything. Big Grin

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
.40 S&W seems the most likley...same barrel different length to ream Razz

Tom

Tom Johansen

Posts: 45 | Location: United States | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Sure, if you want to take the easy way out.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Too early? Wink Razz

Early? Perhaps. The breech of the 10mm needs work for a 9mm or a .38.

A .357 Sig might work, but it is too similar to the 10mm to justify the effort.

I usually get distracted by a nice P220 from 1984 somehow.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I betcha it needs less work then making a .45 breech work with a 10mm.

Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I betcha it needs less work then making a .45 breech work with a 10mm.

Might work. I know at one time Kimberly made the breech face the same width in 9MM/38Super/.40 and 10MM. Does anyone know if Sig might do the same?

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
A .357 Sig might work, but it is too similar to the 10mm to justify the effort.

If mags and barrels were available, it would be fun to test that proposition. SIG hasn't made a whole lot of 5" 357s.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
BarSto makes conversion barrels for the P226 X-Five in 9mm, 40S&W and .357 SIG. I'm sure they can make any adjustments necessary to make them fit the P220 Match Elite if someone were foolish enough to want to do that.

http://www.barsto.com/category_main.cfm?ID=6x5&cco=99

posted Hide Post
Should be no problem for Barsto to make either a 40 or 357 Sig conversion barrel: but they might need to get someone's 10mm for them to establish specs? When 250's were new, sent them one, so they could create a 9mm conversion for 40. In almost every case the Barsto's will outshoot OEM, whatever gun is involved! Don't honestly know if 40/347mags would likely be an issue: but thinking they would!

Have literally sold 100's of various Barsto's over the years: but will never have them make any barrel for a Gen 4 Glock, use KKM for those, and NEVER a fitment issue for KKM's, as sometimes is for Barsto's!

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
as long as you can find a complete slide assembly. the frame is the exact p220 youd find anyplace else, except its made out of steel.

though i sold mine i wondered what it would do if i put it on my p227 frame

Posts: 503 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A question for those who have a few rounds through their 220/10,as I do. Are you noticing any brass markings/remnants on the slide just aft of the ejection port? I have been shooting with a friend who also has a new 220/10 and he is getting the same markings. We are both shooting Armscor 180gr. This is no big deal-I'm just curious if it is attributable to the gun or the ammo. Thanks.

Posts: 3 | Registered: April 13, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dunflyin2012:
A question for those who have a few rounds through their 220/10,as I do. Are you noticing any brass markings/remnants on the slide just aft of the ejection port? I have been shooting with a friend who also has a new 220/10 and he is getting the same markings. We are both shooting Armscor 180gr. This is no big deal-I'm just curious if it is attributable to the gun or the ammo. Thanks.

Same here, very slight.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i shot over 200 rds and never had a mark on the brass. it did toss it about 30 feet away though

Posts: 503 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
After about 1000 rounds of Armscor so far, I haven't noticed anything.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post