SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
In my excessive enthusiasm, I may have inadvertently caused offense. I apologize. That was not my intent, but I can certainly see how it could be read that way.

This is simply a marvelous development. I can't say enough and probably shouldn't say much more lest I again flub it up.

I can't wait to get my hands on one, or two, or three.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I appreciate the enthusiasm of those members requesting a group buy, but we are getting way ahead of the curve with that stuff right now. Once we get a bit further down the road, we'll have a better idea if such a thing is possible for the forum.

Yeah, something like a SIGforum Limited Edition 10 mm P220? Say, about 300 made? Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
You can always call SIG's Customer Service.

I plan on doing that. And that feed back (allong with many other's feedback) would go to marketing and customer service departments to be masticated and ruminated upon, till the result that comes out in the end will likely be something like, "These gun nuts certainly do like their guns."

I was really thinking of something more personal, directly for the engineers and the team that accomplished this great achievement.

Your post has doubtlessly already been read and interpreted by the executives who are responsible for deciding to do this, doing it, and promoting it.

Frankly my friend, your assumption about how SIG Sauer functions isn't squared up with their reality.

The decision to make this pistol was made by a team that also has direct responsibility for design & production engineering and marketing & promotion.

And they are paying very close attention as LDD most correctly says. No disconnect. At all.

-Bruce

What Bruce says here (and Para, later) only makes sense. What good CEO wouldn't have his team mining valuable information from the greatest congregation of people who love his products, and have extensive detailed knowledge of those products?

I doubt that many companies have such a great resource of comments (good, bad, and ugly) about their products (and their competitors' products) as SIG does here at SIGforum.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6043 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulationss to Para/SigForum/Grayguns for showing they are the go to guys for SigSauer to rely on as a liaison to their customer base.
10MM may not be my cup of tea, so I hope one of those future announcements will be a rebirth of the P225. I won't be choosy, but one in Nitron would be nice!

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onequickwrench
posted Hide Post
quote:

And if the pistol is available in 10mm it's likely we could see a .40 conversion barrel as well.

This has been my suggestion. I have no info yet on whether this will be done by the factory but it makes a lot of sense. 357 SIG would be easy as well.

-Bruce[/QUOTE]

I'm thrilled that Sig is paying attention, but I'm wondering why the decision to go with 10mm came before the cartridge that bears their name (357 Sig)?

Seems to me that Sig would want to increase the sales of 357Sig pistols before jumping into the somewhat defunct 10mm marketplace.

I know that 10mm is the "kitten killer" but 357Sig would be easier on the gun and easier to master as opposed to full house 10mm.

"He who dies with the most toys is still dead!"

Posts: 1379 | Location: Raleighwood, NC | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:

what better way to both cement the MPX as the firearm that rightfully made us all forget the MP5, and support the 10mm cartridge moving forward in conjunction with the new P220...

more Winning! than one can shake a stick at.

It's like they're building their own unicorn!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jackal1966:
I gotta have one.

If it take 2 years to get it into out hands that will be ok.

You can start saving now $2 a day and you will have $1460 when they come out.

You wont notice the money and it will seem like a free pistol.

I'm sure the first batch will be up there in price, too.

Jackal

Better make that $3-4/day, to stock up some 10mm ammo. Cool

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
quote:

what better way to both cement the MPX as the firearm that rightfully made us all forget the MP5, and support the 10mm cartridge moving forward in conjunction with the new P220...

more Winning! than one can shake a stick at.

It's like they're building their own unicorn!

Imagine a matched set 220/MPX in 10...wow

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DYNAMITE
THE PASSES!
Picture of Solitar
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile...
to buy 10mm ammo as it is available at decent prices.

The right to keep and bear arms, military arms, shall not be infringed -- period!

Posts: 10723 | Registered: May 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Solitar:
Meanwhile...
to buy 10mm ammo as it is available at decent prices.

Not after this. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onequickwrench:
quote:

And if the pistol is available in 10mm it's likely we could see a .40 conversion barrel as well.

This has been my suggestion. I have no info yet on whether this will be done by the factory but it makes a lot of sense. 357 SIG would be easy as well.

-Bruce

I'm thrilled that Sig is paying attention, but I'm wondering why the decision to go with 10mm came before the cartridge that bears their name (357 Sig)?

Seems to me that Sig would want to increase the sales of 357Sig pistols before jumping into the somewhat defunct 10mm marketplace.QUOTE]

I also agree that a P220 in .357 SIG makes a lot of sense. I have a P220 at Gray Guns right now, being converted to .357 SIG.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
^^^It would make sense that Sig bring back the 38 Super too. Smile
Less performance than the 357sig, but less recoil too and should be easier on the gun. Plus that ammo is usually cheaper to buy than the 357sig ammo.
I am glad to read that Sig is planning on coming out with a 10mm; the more guns chambered in this round the better promotion!

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I am truly happy for you, Para. I hope the 10mm is a reality sooner than later. Be well and good luck.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
quote:
Originally posted by onequickwrench:
quote:

-Bruce

Seems to me that Sig would want to increase the sales of 357Sig pistols before jumping into the somewhat defunct 10mm marketplace.QUOTE]

I also agree that a P220 in .357 SIG makes a lot of sense. I have a P220 at Gray Guns right now, being converted to .357 SIG.

Because the .357 is readily available in many othe P series variety.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25423 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Spot on, Black.

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Also just cause dummy had to say it. "Great Karma... I'm in!" Big Grin

But seriously I hadn't even put a P220 or a 10mm on my list of wants. But this combination is probably going to make the list.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
On the ammo front-

The discussion has already been raised about 10mm ammo, and the lack there of. SIG is very aware of this. SIG has their own ammo manufacturing plant in Kentucky, and it is not out of the realm that they MIGHT, and I say MIGHT, beef up their ability to produce 10mm practice ammo to go with the release of their guns.

It was also addressed about the lack of 357 SIG practice ammo available, and I basically was told that if I wanted ammo, I should just secure a job with the USSS. Big Grin

But, seriously, they are looking at possibilities and you can stay tuned here for further developments.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
SIG has their own ammo manufacturing plant in Kentucky, and it is not out of the realm that they MIGHT, and I say MIGHT, beef up their ability to produce 10mm practice ammo to go with the release of their guns.
To be clear, SIG intends to manufacture 10mm ammunition, but what they would be producing first is defensive ammunition- hollowpoints.

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Sig sees this post… I volunteer to be a field tester of the P220/10mm. Carried a pistol every day for the last 30 years, some Sigs some other brands as a LEO. Now retired, living in Montana where there are different kinds of predators on the loose. I even carried a G20 on duty! I have a certain set of skills that are better left unmentioned here. Just saying…

Back to reality… They should offer the ability to shoot .40 S&W through it. Also, guys are going to expect it to feed cast bullets and very hot loads. If you are planning on getting one and don't already do so, hit the 10ring forum, Alaska handgun forum, and a few others. Kind of an indication of how the 10mm is seen and how it is used.

Posts: 114 | Location: Montana | Registered: January 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I have to say that P220 Match Elite in 10mm would be AWESOME! I suspect SIG is not going to have a hard time selling these. maybe now is the time to start buying some 10mm. Wink

On another note, wouldn't it be great if SIG could put some of that ammo production capacity to make some .22 LR??? hint...hint, nudge...nudge, wink...wink.

We HUUUNGRY! Big Grin

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post