SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Yesssssssss!

My next pistol is going to be a P320. I was hoping for a 10mm version some day.
But... if a 5 inch SAO stainless P220 comes out I don't think I'll be able to resist!

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred! - Henry Cabot Henhouse III, aka "SuperChicken"

Posts: 132 | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerBook
posted Hide Post
So much for buying a 10mm Glock.....

Posts: 1777 | Location: Ashburn, VA USA | Registered: June 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
OK, I'm committed. I just ordered 250 rounds of 10mm from Freedom Munitions. Free shipping today!

Now to save my pennys for the P220

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered 500 pieces of 10mm Starline brass from Graf and Sons today.

I have the powder and the primers. The bullets will be easy to find.

I'll get my dies from Dillon on my next Dillon order.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
This'll hold you guys over until the real deal hits the gun shops... Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I bought some 10 mm ammo today and I don't even own one yet. I hope it doesn't spoil Wink

Posts: 5596 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
So, any idea if there will be any frame variations, or is it safe to get our holster orders in?

Posts: 5738 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
So, any idea if there will be any frame variations, or is it safe to get our holster orders in?

I would wait to see the final product. Can't hurt to be sure!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcat:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
So, it's only natural to assume that, eventually, a double stack 10 mm SIG would follow. Eek
What, then, would it be named? The P222? Big Grin

Nicknamed the Pew Pew Pew, perhaps? Smile

How about "P-210"...wait, sorry.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so excited, I couldn't sleep last night.

Patience.... Anybody have extra I can have???

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
[long, slow whistle...]

Wow.

Dammit. So much for my personal economy of calibers. Looks like I'll have to start ordering 10mm by the case, too.

Excellent.

I didn't read all 15 pages. Any discussion of SigForum serial numbers?

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
Late to the thread, but this is the best news I've heard in a long time. Thank you, LDD, Para, and Bruce Gray!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
[long, slow whistle...]

Wow.

Dammit. So much for my personal economy of calibers. Looks like I'll have to start ordering 10mm by the case, too.

Excellent.

I didn't read all 15 pages. Any discussion of SigForum serial numbers?

-Rob

Ooohhhhhhh......SF group buy discount?

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4579 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
This is good new but I would prefer a double stack 10mm.

I have 2 single stack 10mm pistols and am jonesing for a double stack. The only one I know if is the Perfect 10. A buddy has one and it is a bit bigger than I prefer. The 220 size with a double stack mag would be a perfect solution form me.

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
My nomination for the name and rollmark; SIG P1G

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Hmm, I just about bought a 10mm Glock but was hoping for a long slide.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:
This is good new but I would prefer a double stack 10mm.

I have 2 single stack 10mm pistols and am jonesing for a double stack. The only one I know if is the Perfect 10. A buddy has one and it is a bit bigger than I prefer. The 220 size with a double stack mag would be a perfect solution form me.

AFAIK, Sig has not yet released a stainless frame P227. That will probably be a first step to a P227/10mm.

I want both the P220/10mm and the P227/10mm, and don't really care which comes first. Though I suspect that Sig is announcing/releasing the P220/10mm first in order to better service the market in restricted magazine states. However, as has been pointed out, I don't know jack about the internal workings of Sig.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I like double stacks, but a single stack might reach a bigger market too.

Man, I hope they're fiddling with the 220 design or a new variation thereof. I've argued before that Sig might could use something a little bigger (think SAAMI COAL) and perhaps a hair beefier (10mm, tear Superman a new one, etc., etc., etc.).

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
So let me see if I can capture the sigforum requirements:

Not just on the 220 frame. We have to have a 10mm base on the P320 and P227 frames (3x)

Make the MPX in 10mm too while you're at it.

Since you're at it, how about a 2022 in .22 AND .45. I mean, how hard can it be?

Well, how about a carbine too?

It has to be stainless

Why not in SAS?

Frame composition? Aluminum, Stainless, Polymer.

Nitron finish, if you please

Make one CA. compliant

No Rail

No Beavertail

E2 Grip

Need a large grip for mah' manly hands!

I have girly hands, can I get a single stack e2 grip?

Has to have double stack

Everyone wants a low serial number

TGS as the sole distributor

Can it come with Deep Woods Off?

Build it in Germany

We're stoked about the direction of this company and the fine engineers here in the US! Show us how it's done! USA! USA! USA!

We want to show our appreciation to SIG,can everyone hand-sign each frame?

Needs to handle a huge cartridge. No poofta cartridges for this weapon! Preferably needs to "shoot through buildings" (To paraphrase Johnny Dangerously so as not to get the FBI on my tail)

Conversion kits for stnd 220s?

Conversion kit to .40

How about a .22 conversion kit?

357 SIG conversion kit

Oh, hell, might as well make a 9mm conversion kit too while you're at it

Can we name it? P220-10, SIG PIG...

Sigforum limited edition?

How about a special edition holster?

Matched set of MPX 10mm/220 10mm please. And don't forget the low serial numbers!

Make cases of 10mm ammo available to us

You have 50k or so volunteers for field testing

Now with these user requirements, Sig should have no problem understanding what we want and should be able to punch one out in no time! Big Grin

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm just happy its coming.

Now I'm just trying to decide if I get the full size, or wait for the 220 Carry option...

Posts: 352 | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post