SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Did we reach the pinnacle of semi-automatic handgun design 109 years ago?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did we reach the pinnacle of semi-automatic handgun design 109 years ago? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have my eye on the new Springfield armory Ronin in .45 acp, have half of the funds , I gotta wait for a while for the local stores to get them in.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Mr. Miyagi says, "Same, but different"

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Beautiful 1911!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
A short excerpt from the book "G-Man" by Stephen Hunter (one of the Bob Lee Swagger novels) which I am currently reading. I came across this last night and thought it appropriate for this thread:

His fingers knew it immediately. As a design, the thing was one of many masterpieces that had tumbled from the brain of John M. Browning before World War I, so perfect in conception and execution, such a chord of power and grace and genius of operation that even now, more than a century after its year of adaptation in 1911, it was the standard sidearm of many of the world's elite units. Nothing plastic, nothing sleek and streamlined, with a huge magazine of smaller cartridges, could really replace if for the trained man.

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gwdex
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 92fstech:
No matter how hard I try, I just can't find a weapon that works better for me than the 1911.

Great pistol! I, to this day, regret the time I sold my 1970 Blued Series 70, Mark IV Gold Cup. Loved that pistol. Bought brand new for $ 160.00 !! I'll bet a similar used one today would fetch $ 1,500.00 in good condition.

Oh well, guess we all have firearms sales we regret!!

Greg

P220 SAS Nitron
P225
P226

Posts: 205 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
What's the story on that government marked 1911? It looks pristine.

quote:
Originally posted by RobC2:
Mr. Miyagi says, "Same, but different"

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It's a 100 Year Anniversary commemorative Colt 1911, part of a limited edition run they did in 2011.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is ??

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The "pristine government marked 1911" that SgtGold was asking about, in the post above mine.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
No.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post