SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 125
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
résidait cajun regardant un couyon tête du pays
Picture of neiltus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
quote:
Originally posted by neiltus:
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
quote:
I was told <90 days for form 4 via the e-file.

Retailer told me the key to getting e-file is to do it after normal business hours.

I submitted paperwork and paid for stamps yesterday and received an email at 5AM saying it was electronically accepted by the ATF.

I think <90 days is a bit optimistic.

It's fast, but not that fast.

Current averages being reported by NFATracker is like 96 days total or something.

It also seems to be stretching out a bit. They are just now beginning to process forms from November according to NFA Tracker. So it looks like it's already stretching towards to 120 day mark, give or take.

I can live with 120 days…that will give me plenty o time to get barrels in check!

Very excited about a threaded model 41.

Wait.. I just noticed this.

How did you get an email? The email is supposed to go to the ATFOnline account holder, which would be your SOT. ?

My dealer shot me an email on the status. So far I am impressed with them, got an email on the purchases with serial numbers, got an email prior to submission saying they have received everything, got another when it went pending.

I am still on the fence on a .45 can.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BoehT
posted Hide Post
quote:

Let's make sure you make an informed decision on it then...

-Bo

Posts: 548 | Location: Allen, TX | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
résidait cajun regardant un couyon tête du pays
Picture of neiltus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BoehT:
quote:

Let's make sure you make an informed decision on it then...

Your just an enabler. I send you an email with a few questions and I am on the fence. Week later I have 4 form 4s pending and am looking for a local thompson. (and buttering the wife).

I will be out on friday again this week up in your neck if your free, next week maybe Thursday.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Hey Bo - What did you get there? I see the Ospery, but what are the other two?

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BoehT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:

Osprey45, Octane45, and Tirant45

-Bo

Posts: 548 | Location: Allen, TX | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If you could only have 1 of the three, which one and why?

v/r

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BoehT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaybird86:
quote:
quote:

If you could only have 1 of the three, which one and why?

v/r

All three perform just about the same.

Of these three in the current political environment though, TiRant45.

If/when the civilian market dramatically decreases (ala CLEO sign-off for all persons named in trusts), I would want a silencer from a company that has at least some current government contracts.

-Bo

BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Stamp approved on Feb 25! Should have the can by mid March give or take. Right at 9 months from mailing.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Thanks Bo. I'm going to be getting a 45 can soon. I really like the Osprey, but want to be able to take it apart. I'm leaning towards the Octane because they have the 3-lug adapter.

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
Stamp approved on Feb 25! Should have the can by mid March give or take. Right at 9 months from mailing.

I am happy for you TKO!!! That is great!! I so want to buy another can but I don't have the money right now.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Tks Mike! I want to do my next can but I keep waffling on what I want to get. I keep going back and forth between a .22 can and a .45 can.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
Seems that times are stretching out a bit. Our first eforms came back at the 90 day mark. I wrote in an earlier post I expected the next set to come back the first week of February based on that. Didn't happen.

Forms submitted 3:34pm October 28th
Approved 10:05am March 7th.
If we don't count day of submission or approval, that is 129 days.

I think compared to where we were with paper forms at 1yr give or take a week, 129 days is ok. I wonder it's also the software platform that has stretched things out since the initial rollout or it's the influx of forms being submitted now that wait times have come down? I think more likely the latter.

Posts: 2026 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess I will have to try the e-file thing just to see how long it really takes. Going in Monday to get a can for the rifle.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Started the clock. Let's see how long the e-file takes.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wreckdiverjosh
posted Hide Post
Had one submitted on 11/04/2013 and it came back approved 3/5/14

Change of Plans...

Posts: 268 | Location: Virginia | Registered: March 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Checked cashed May 7, 2013... Stamp came in today Smile

Posts: 268 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: April 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Finger print card being sent back due to error. Mad

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Got an email from my SOT Friday. He has all the serial numbers, but apparently the Form 3's haven't completed yet because they are not listed in his inventory on the eForms site yet. Says he's been checking daily, and just wanted to give me an update since it's been 8 weeks now since he placed the orders & distributors/manufacturers should have started the form 3s.

If we are pushing 120 (call it maybe even 150) days now with eForms, I suppose that puts me looking at getting my stamps somewhere August/September timeframe. For a purchase made in January. Maybe I should have purchased from a dealer that had them in stock. But man, the pricing from this group buy... Meh. Live and learn.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weird Al is
My Hero
Picture of mini68rt
posted Hide Post
Just got my Thompson 30 out of jail! 8 months and 3 weeks from check caching.

No one dared to ask his business, no one dared to make a slip.
The stranger there among them had a big iron on his hip.

Posts: 858 | Location: Way Too Close to UNC , NC | Registered: June 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Heard from the SOT today.

Serial numbers showed up last Friday.

He was out of town Sat-Tues, but so far he has only been able to get one of my Form 4's submitted.

He's having the same problem I had when I (re)did my Form 1 - the whole process goes smooth as silk, including payment, then the "Sign & Submit" button doesn't want to work. You click on it and wait, and it times out.

Said it took him about a dozen tried over the course of 3 days before he could finally get it to work.

At this rate maybe all 5 of mine will be submitted in the next couple weeks.

Ugh.

Then we are trending somewhere near 150 days for processing? I guess I'm looking at somewhere in the August/September timeframe... Frown

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post