SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 127
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
The forms for my Gemtec trek went to Batfe in April 2013. Check cashed May 5 2013. Still waiting in Feb of 2014. Not my first one, I just wait and see.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:
My form 1's were submitted 10/19 and approved 1/21. One of my form 4's came back on the 1/24 and was submitted about the same time as the form 1's.

I can handle 3 months wait time - at least, a lot easier than I can 10-12 months. Between that good news and the possible change to trusts, this is going to be an expensive year or so for NFA stamps Smile

That's good news! I just eFiled a Form 1 and a Form 4. Hopefully I will have them before summer.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heavyd:
quote:
My form 1's were submitted 10/19 and approved 1/21. One of my form 4's came back on the 1/24 and was submitted about the same time as the form 1's.

I can handle 3 months wait time - at least, a lot easier than I can 10-12 months. Between that good news and the possible change to trusts, this is going to be an expensive year or so for NFA stamps Smile

That's good news! I just eFiled a Form 1 and a Form 4. Hopefully I will have them before summer.

I just picked up my lower yesterday to start my build. Have to do the form 1. Dealer is waiting for Form 3's to process, then my 5 Form 4's go in. w00t!! Big Grin

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
5 form 4's???? What are you getting? Come on man, don't hold out on us Smile

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two recent ones:

Form 1 Pending 5/16/13, Approved 1/2/14
Form 4 Pending 5/13/13, Approved 1/24/14

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
5 form 4's???? What are you getting? Come on man, don't hold out on us Smile

2 762-SDN-6s
1 ThunderBeast 30P-1
2 TiRant 45s

If something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.. Big Grin

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Latest information directly from BATFE:

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Submitted 4.13.13
Approved 2.7.14
In my hands today! Big Grin

Posts: 3240 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Well, the stamp for my Octane 45 HD arrived today ... dropped it in the mail on 3/20/13 that makes it 337 days door to door.

That leaves just one more, a titanium 308, that IIRC, was sent in a month to 6 weeks later ... I had ordered & paid for all 3 at the same time in mid January/2013 but my dealer only had the .22 in stock and had to order the 45 & 308

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
None of my form 3's have come back yet. Today was 29 days. Frown

Maybe next week I can begin the Form 4 wait?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: exx1976,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Latest information directly from BATFE:

Don't think so
Mailed. 2/22/13
Approved. 1/28/14
Picked up. 2/08/14

Gemtech Outback II

Posts: 635 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Well, I put in the paper in early April 2013, and on Feb 14th 2014 (valentines day), one was processed and other came back "problem status". Working on that now, but it should be just a matter of a week or so to straighten up the stupid mess the dealer made.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
résidait cajun regardant un couyon tête du pays
Picture of neiltus
posted Hide Post
I got in the queue with 4 today.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KML:

Don't think so
Mailed. 2/22/13
Approved. 1/28/14
Picked up. 2/08/14

Gemtech Outback II

I seem to remember reading somewhere (helpful I know) that the paper forms have to be entered into an electronic system in West VA, then it gets routed for approval. So they in the above image may be saying that it takes 9 months from when you are entered into the electronic system, to when it gets approved. The other 3 months are waiting for the mailing/ some GS-8 to input your form into their computers. Just a WAG. ^Please correct me if I am wrong if anyone has better information.

The above is exactly why I paid for a trust so I could eFile. The other benefits were nice, but I just looked at it as the most expedient way to get my hands on the goods so to speak.

Now, I would wager that all the eFiles skip the first step, and then have a separate queue through the approval system. Frankly, if the laws don't change in the next couple of years, hopefully they switch to only the eFile system (and yes I am well aware of the problems accessing it. I did my Form 1 at 0600 ET one Saturday, and it went through like a breeze) and the approval times stay the same.

Mine was submitted February 1st and went Submitted/Pending on February 3rd (the time my credit card payment posted from pay.gov).

Hilariously the message I received from pay.gov while I was trying to give them money on a Saturday. "We will process your payment by 1000 AM Monday Morning). I mean seriously, Amazon takes your money at any hour of the day/night/ on Holidays, but try and give the government money, and you are restricted to business hours... smh.

v/r

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaybird86:
quote:

Don't think so
Mailed. 2/22/13
Approved. 1/28/14
Picked up. 2/08/14

Gemtech Outback II

I seem to remember reading somewhere (helpful I know) that the paper forms have to be entered into an electronic system in West VA, then it gets routed for approval. So they in the above image may be saying that it takes 9 months from when you are entered into the electronic system, to when it gets approved. The other 3 months are waiting for the mailing/ some GS-8 to input your form into their computers. Just a WAG. ^Please correct me if I am wrong if anyone has better information.

The above is exactly why I paid for a trust so I could eFile. The other benefits were nice, but I just looked at it as the most expedient way to get my hands on the goods so to speak.

Now, I would wager that all the eFiles skip the first step, and then have a separate queue through the approval system. Frankly, if the laws don't change in the next couple of years, hopefully they switch to only the eFile system (and yes I am well aware of the problems accessing it. I did my Form 1 at 0600 ET one Saturday, and it went through like a breeze) and the approval times stay the same.

Mine was submitted February 1st and went Submitted/Pending on February 3rd (the time my credit card payment posted from pay.gov).

Hilariously the message I received from pay.gov while I was trying to give them money on a Saturday. "We will process your payment by 1000 AM Monday Morning). I mean seriously, Amazon takes your money at any hour of the day/night/ on Holidays, but try and give the government money, and you are restricted to business hours... smh.

v/r

My transfer was a Corp Transfer that's suppose to be faster since there's no fingerprints,but that's not happening anymore.This was sent before the efile came online.

I'm also starting a efile for 2 SBR's now

Posts: 635 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jaybird86:
quote:

Don't think so
Mailed. 2/22/13
Approved. 1/28/14
Picked up. 2/08/14

Gemtech Outback II

v/r

My transfer was a Corp Transfer that's suppose to be faster since there's no fingerprints,but that's not happening anymore.This was sent before the efile came online.

I'm also starting a efile for 2 SBR's now

Make sure you don't choose "Caliber: Multi" on the forms... No bueno...

Picture of neiltus
posted Hide Post
I was told <90 days for form 4 via the e-file.

Retailer told me the key to getting e-file is to do it after normal business hours.

I submitted paperwork and paid for stamps yesterday and received an email at 5AM saying it was electronically accepted by the ATF.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by neiltus:

Retailer told me the key to getting e-file is to do it after normal business hours.

I submitted paperwork and paid for stamps yesterday and received an email at 5AM saying it was electronically accepted by the ATF.

I think <90 days is a bit optimistic.

It's fast, but not that fast.

Current averages being reported by NFATracker is like 96 days total or something.

It also seems to be stretching out a bit. They are just now beginning to process forms from November according to NFA Tracker. So it looks like it's already stretching towards to 120 day mark, give or take.

Picture of neiltus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
quote:

Current averages being reported by NFATracker is like 96 days total or something.

It also seems to be stretching out a bit. They are just now beginning to process forms from November according to NFA Tracker. So it looks like it's already stretching towards to 120 day mark, give or take.

I can live with 120 days…that will give me plenty o time to get barrels in check!

Very excited about a threaded model 41.

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
quote:

I can live with 120 days…that will give me plenty o time to get barrels in check!

Very excited about a threaded model 41.

Wait.. I just noticed this.

How did you get an email? The email is supposed to go to the ATFOnline account holder, which would be your SOT. ?