SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 127
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TGreene223:
I'm currently at 11 months for a pair of Tac65 .22 supressors, as a Corporate filing.

I've repetedly asked my dealer to check the pending status for me, but he won't do it and says to just keep waiting... ;-(

He can't do anything you can't do yourself.

Dealers are sensitive to this question since they don't want to get on the "bad" list with BATFE examiners (if such a thing even exists). However, since they perceive themselves to have much more at stake, they are less willing to risk antagonizing examiners.

You can find out what's going on yourself (though likely, you will not get any more information than you already have).

Call: (304) 616-4500 and have your serial number ready. They will ask you for it, and then tell you that status and if you are nice, they will respond with an approximate wait time. DO NOT insist on talking to your examiner if you are only asking about ETA for approval--this will antagonize the person doing your paperwork. Any of the NFA branch staff who answer the phone can give you date information.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ljaq516
posted Hide Post
*****E-FILE*****

E-File seems to be the way to go. I put in my order for an AAC Cyclone and a Specwar 556 with www.Silencershop.com back in October 2013. I forgot about it for a while just to easy the pain of waiting, but called the NFA office last week to check the status and they estimated my stamp approval for next month. 4 months!!! I don't want to jinx it or anything (i just did) but if you're in the market I would say find a shop that will e-file your paperwork. Since I live in Texas I went with www.silencershop.com located in Austin. From what I've seen, I believe they have the best prices around and are very professional. Very good customer service, they respond to emails pretty quick. And if you're all squared away with your paperwork the process is very easy with them. With e-file, I was able to pay my tax stamp online with silencershop.com. Will let yall know when I get the call/email from silencershop when my suppressors come in.

Posts: 299 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: September 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ljaq516:
*****E-FILE*****

E-File seems to be the way to go. I put in my order for an AAC Cyclone and a Specwar 556 with www.Silencershop.com back in October 2013. I forgot about it for a while just to easy the pain of waiting, but called the NFA office last week to check the status and they estimated my stamp approval for next month. 4 months!!! I don't want to jinx it or anything (i just did) but if you're in the market I would say find a shop that will e-file your paperwork. Since I live in Texas I went with www.silencershop.com located in Austin. From what I've seen, I believe they have the best prices around and are very professional. Very good customer service, they respond to emails pretty quick. And if you're all squared away with your paperwork the process is very easy with them. With e-file, I was able to pay my tax stamp online with silencershop.com. Will let yall know when I get the call/email from silencershop when my suppressors come in.

The order for my group buy goes in this coming Friday. We are all eFiling with trusts.

Can't wait!

Anyone have any good links to documentation on how to fill out a Form 1 online? I went through a dry run today to see what the questions looked like, and they were mind-numbing.. VERY little information as to what choices I should be making, etc.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:

Anyone have any good links to documentation on how to fill out a Form 1 online? I went through a dry run today to see what the questions looked like, and they were mind-numbing.. VERY little information as to what choices I should be making, etc.

Ex,

Here is a link from the attorney that helped me with my Trust in VA. It has an example Form 1/Form 4/ and Form 20 as well.

https://www.arsenalattorneys.com/atf-form-5320-1

v/r,

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaybird86:
quote:

Ex,

Here is a link from the attorney that helped me with my Trust in VA. It has an example Form 1/Form 4/ and Form 20 as well.

v/r,

Thanks, but that doesn't help.

The eFile Form 1 asks a bunch more questions that are not on the paper form.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed that the E-file method is faster.

I just got my 308 & 22lr cans after a 10 month wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jaybird86:
quote:

Ex,

v/r,

Thanks, but that doesn't help.

The eFile Form 1 asks a bunch more questions that are not on the paper form.

My apologies, I did not see that you were asking about online Form 1s.

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vaudeville Villain
Picture of ViktorVaughn
posted Hide Post
Here is the E-Form instructions. LINK

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Pine cones go in here. Party liquors come out here, and proceed to here. Fights begin, fingerprints are took, days is lost, bail is made, court dates are ignored, cycle is repeated." - Early Cuyler

Posts: 3435 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: April 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EFile is definitely the way to go. I had a E-Form 1 approved in 94 days. Submitted 26Sept2013 and approved 03Jan2014. Not too bad of a wait and it comes already in a PDF form when you get confirmation of approval.

Posts: 177 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
Will e-filing work for those of us using trusts and do you have to pay to use e-file?

Thanks!

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Yes you can eFile with a trust as that is how mine was submitted. As far as I know there is no extra charge to eFile, but my dealer did the eFile for me.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Drew816:
Will e-filing work for those of us using trusts and do you have to pay to use e-file?

Thanks!

Actually, you HAVE to use a trust (or corp) to eFile, you can't use it for individual filing that requires CLEO signoff and all that shenanigans.

There is no "cost" to eFile, but you still have to pay your $200 for the tax stamp. It's paid right online with a credit card.

Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
Our first form 4(s) from eForm at atfonline came back approved today. 89 days from submission to approval.

Good luck ladies and gents!

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ramok
posted Hide Post
Have a KRISS Vector SBR waiting.

Payment 10/30/13
Pending 12/17/13
ETA Sept 14

10-11 months...

--------------------------------
"Ultimately, the only things that matter are God, country, family, friends and caring for those in need." - Ross Perot

Posts: 585 | Location: DFW | Registered: July 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Form 4 eFile, trust for a suppressor.

Dealer submitted eFile: 1/8/14
Tax stamp charged to CC: 1/13/14

I would be ecstatic if mine only took 89 days!

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ramok:

Payment 10/30/13
Pending 12/17/13
ETA Sept 14

10-11 months...

Should have eFiled that one...

Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:

The dates for this customer were

10/28/13 Submitted (Late at night. Our first 2 forms)

01/27/14 Approved (Received email at 9am)

I stand corrected, 90 days, not counting the days of receipt and submission.

I'll try to keep everyone updated with our eform times. Next eform players on deck for us should come back approved around the 5th of Feb.

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ramok:

Payment 10/30/13
Pending 12/17/13
ETA Sept 14

10-11 months...

Is your dealer using eForm? If so, he can call the ATF NFA branch and have the paper forms withdrawn and resubmit using eForm. I have already done this for one of my customers. We submitted his paperwork back in August 2013 with an estimated approval of June/Aug 2014. We withdrew his paperwork mid November and resubmitted 4 December. If the time line stays the same as our first form 4, we expect to see his approval 1st/2nd week of march.

quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:

The dates for this customer were

10/28/13 Submitted (Late at night. Our first 2 forms)

01/27/14 Approved (Received email at 9am)

I stand corrected, 90 days, not counting the days of receipt and submission.

I'll try to keep everyone updated with our eform times. Next eform players on deck for us should come back approved around the 5th of Feb.

posted Hide Post
Same here. Dealer is receiving eForms on trusts back in 90 days

Posts: 268 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: April 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
My form 1's were submitted 10/19 and approved 1/21. One of my form 4's came back on the 1/24 and was submitted about the same time as the form 1's.

I can handle 3 months wait time - at least, a lot easier than I can 10-12 months. Between that good news and the possible change to trusts, this is going to be an expensive year or so for NFA stamps Smile

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post