SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 125
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Weird Al is
My Hero
Picture of mini68rt
posted Hide Post
The stamp for my Spectre II has finally arrived! The application was mailed on 1/30/13. 10 months and 5 days. For reference my previous application was mailed 12/4/12 and was back 5/27/13. 5 months and 22 days. It is amazing what difference a month can make! I have 4 more in the queue which I don't expect to see until next Christmas.

No one dared to ask his business, no one dared to make a slip.
The stranger there among them had a big iron on his hip.

Posts: 858 | Location: Way Too Close to UNC , NC | Registered: June 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Im at 7 months and waiting... This is pathetic.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
"The marvel of all history is the patience with which men and women submit to burdens unnecessarily laid upon them by their governments." --- George Washington

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swiss_seth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corey4:
quote:
Originally posted by swiss_seth:
I feel really bad for the dealers.

When I heard about this order I immediately went out and bought a new suppressor. I told the dealer that I would only but if they agreed to a refund if there were to be any issue with CLEO signoff and/or truts due the new rules coming down the pike.

I feel its about a 50/50 split as to whether my SOT has to refund that 800 dollars at which point many dealers are going to have some expensive paper weights sitting around.

Everytime I was at the store the customers that were interested in buying NFA were basically turned off when they heard about the 10 month wait. It it really is 15 months than they wont be selling any NFA and we are talking about a store with at least 50 suppressors not to mentions F/A pre-86 and SBR's/AOW.

It just makes be sick.

which dealer was that? i am in pittsburgh too.

I am dealing with a dealer in Elizabethtown PA

sorry

Posts: 1655 | Location: Steel City USA | Registered: October 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Form 1 went pending on 3/10/13, still waiting.

Too slow, the wait is painful but I have other toys to play with.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 240 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: April 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Talked to the ATF today. Still pending but they stated that they expet to approve in April...

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Currently I am at 10 months from the day I sent it to the ATF and they cashed my check within a couple days of them receiving the form one.

I sent mine in priority mail.

So I am expecting anytime for the form one to make my SBR (Stag Arms lower with an LMT 10.5 inch upper).

The form four for the can wnet out a couple months ago so I don't expect it to come back to the dealer until next year about this time.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Form one sent 18 or 19 Feb 2013 going the trust route.

Form one returned to me with stamp affixed signed 13 December 2013 and in my mailbox 23 December 2013.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lizardman_u:
Form one sent 18 or 19 Feb 2013 going the trust route.

Do you recall what your pending date was? I sent a couple in early March, but the pending date wasn't until May :-(.

I usually starting tracking based on pending date because it seems more reliable vs what everyone else is experiencing. The front end (mailing, check cashing, waiting for "pending") seems to be highly variable.

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
I was told by the ATF lady on the phone (I didn't have my serial number so she couldn't give me exacts) that it went pending approximately eight weeks after the check was cashed.

Dave

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C Swimm:
These clowns are going to fuck themselves right out of a job. Their job can be replaced by a computer. There is no reason why it shouldn't be able to be done on-line with instant background check. They keep screwing around and too many will have their reps make a stink about it. With all the calls for reducing gov't spending, a computer can do it much cheaper than a room full of people.

This is a fact that many of them are well aware of. Most just do not care as they will always have a job, in their minds.
My two senators are worse than the NFA paper movers. I will not pay for items and then have to wait a year to use them.

I was told that if you file on line, it is quicker.
Be well

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Friend of mine got his 2 stamps for his 2 suppressors today. 8 months from cashed check. Both were individual, not Trusts.

Posts: 268 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: April 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon29253:
Friend of mine got his 2 stamps for his 2 suppressors today. 8 months from cashed check. Both were individual, not Trusts.

Was in my LGS today and they said that all the forms that were sent off the week prior to mine have come back this week. It was sent off in May. Hoping for the next couple of weeks.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Have been thinking about getting a .308 and .45 can, but didn't plan on doing it this year. Of course changes to the trust route that require a LEO signoff would move up the time table.

Have the poposed rule changes for the trust route actually taken place?
Would the changes be retroactive to paperwork that is in the waiting line?
Where can I look to find the status of this?
Google searches weren't conclusive, and if the wait time is really as long as some are posting in here I need to get moving.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
Have the poposed rule changes for the trust route actually taken place?

No, they have not taken place yet.

quote:
Would the changes be retroactive to paperwork that is in the waiting line?

Possibly, depending on how the change is writen and accepted.

quote:
Where can I look to find the status of this?

You can't find any evidence of change as there is none and probably won't be any for the next six months.

quote:
Google searches weren't conclusive, and if the wait time is really as long as some are posting in here I need to get moving.

Read Sig2340's comments in this thread:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0105858/m/6020099933

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the quick and informative responses LDD! Time to dig in and keep on reading.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
FYI on timing right now here's how mine just played out.

1. NFA Item: AOW
2. Form Type: Form 4
3. Transferee Type: Individual
4. Forms Sent: February 21, 2013
5. Check Cashed: March 5, 2013
6. Approve Date: Dec 16, 2013
7. Forms Received: Dec 31, 2013

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
Talked to the ATF today. Still pending but they stated that they expet to approve in April...

DAMN!!!! Will that be 11 months????? Crazy!

I wish I could afford another suppressor right now as I would like to get another started since the wait is so long.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
If it goes that far it will be 11 months.

Ive been reading the efile threads and am thinking of giving that a try.

posted Hide Post
I'm currently at 11 months for a pair of Tac65 .22 supressors, as a Corporate filing.

I've repetedly asked my dealer to check the pending status for me, but he won't do it and says to just keep waiting... ;-(

Posts: 46 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post