SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 132
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
So I got another e-mail from the ATF that says the following:

quote:

eForms Operational Status

The eForms system is back online as of 4:00 pm on Friday, March 1, 2024.

PLEASE NOTE: You must submit your required eForms 2, that you did not submit due to this outage, by the close of your next business day as required by 27 CFR 479.103.

I'm not quite sure what this means. I have some Form 1s in the pipeline (the site says they are SUBMITTED/IN PROGRESS, and there is no Finalized Date), but I haven't received any kind of approval e-mail or notification on them.

I'm guessing that's just a generic message, as it's on the login page of the e-forms site.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6127 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, generic message, and several days after it came back up. The bit about the form 2’s is for SOT’s. My FFL was telling me about that last week when I stopped into pick something up - SOT’s can make something first, then file the Form 2 within I think the same business day or 24 hours or something. The site going down “indefinitely” like the idiot on YouTube was trying to say would make a whole swathe of SOT’s into felons. If it were intentional, they would’ve had to let them know ahead of time. Basically this speaks to the site going down as a problem that required maintenance. The YouTuber is claiming victory, though, saying he got enough people up in arms to get congress to kick ATF in the balls and bring it back online. Roll Eyes

As a side note, I got a push notification on my phone and at first glance, all I saw was “ATF” and Form 4” and I thought it was my approval email. No.

Posts: 17574 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
SOT?
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Yeah, generic message, and several days after it came back up. The bit about the form 2’s is for SOT’s. My FFL was telling me about that last week when I stopped into pick something up - SOT’s can make something first, then file the Form 2 within I think the same business day or 24 hours or something. The site going down “indefinitely” like the idiot on YouTube was trying to say would make a whole swathe of SOT’s into felons. If it were intentional, they would’ve had to let them know ahead of time. Basically this speaks to the site going down as a problem that required maintenance. The YouTuber is claiming victory, though, saying he got enough people up in arms to get congress to kick ATF in the balls and bring it back online. Roll Eyes

As a side note, I got a push notification on my phone and at first glance, all I saw was “ATF” and Form 4” and I thought it was my approval email. No.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6127 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SOT = Special Occupational Tax. It’s an annual fee that FFL licensees who import, manufacture, or deal in NFA items have to pay. Generally, when people say a FFL is a SOT, they are usually talking about FFLs that can make NFA items, and when a SOT makes an NFA, they have a limited time to submit a Form 2 telling the government that they made one.

https://rocketffl.com/what-is-an-sot/

Posts: 3403 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Interesting, thanks!
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
SOT = Special Occupational Tax. It’s an annual fee that FFL licensees who import, manufacture, or deal in NFA items have to pay. Generally, when people say a FFL is a SOT, they are usually talking about FFLs that can make NFA items, and when a SOT makes an NFA, they have a limited time to submit a Form 2 telling the government that they made one.

https://rocketffl.com/what-is-an-sot/

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
I was just perusing SilencerShop and whoo-wee, lots of dudes must be buying cans right now. Lots of stuff is out of stock.

Probably not great for many of us with items held in purgatory.

*shrug* russian voice
Maybe now I put F1 for 10/22 in pipeline...

Posts: 5224 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Heard an interesting theory floated on why they're actually doing all these quick approvals. With the way the ATF is targeting FFL's for everything, including typos, this is a way to get people to absolutely bum-rush everyone. Volume goes way up, the risk of mistakes goes through the roof, and mistakes get made. Licenses get yanked or surrendered. Dunno, but it could explain it.

I ordered an Ecco Machine Phoenix TL through my FFL. Waiting on the form 3 for that go through, and when it arrives, he's filing it for me as an individual. Probably gonna start a .22 can soon as well the same way. My son is ten, my wife has zero interest, and they're the only ones on my trust. For the foreseeable future, it's just me using the stuff anyway, so individual is fine. I can re-file again later if I decide it's the necessary thing.

Posts: 17574 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Heard an interesting theory floated on why they're actually doing all these quick approvals. With the way the ATF is targeting FFL's for everything, including typos, this is a way to get people to absolutely bum-rush everyone. Volume goes way up, the risk of mistakes goes through the roof, and mistakes get made. Licenses get yanked or surrendered. Dunno, but it could explain it.

I ordered an Ecco Machine Phoenix TL through my FFL. Waiting on the form 3 for that go through, and when it arrives, he's filing it for me as an individual. Probably gonna start a .22 can soon as well the same way. My son is ten, my wife has zero interest, and they're the only ones on my trust. For the foreseeable future, it's just me using the stuff anyway, so individual is fine. I can re-file again later if I decide it's the necessary thing.

That's tinfoil hat thinking.

Posts: 5200 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can I get some support to get this ATF conspiracy theory and outage eforms discussion moved to another thread and this one can go back to its roots of successful submissions and the time of those?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11149 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I apologize for the thread jack.
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Can I get some support to get this ATF conspiracy theory and outage eforms discussion moved to another thread and this one can go back to its roots of successful submissions and the time of those?

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Submitted mine last June and received my suppressor last Friday.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10752 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
My first batch 8/24/23 is now at 206 days; my second 10/18/23 is at 151 days.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

posted Hide Post
I called the NFA branch yesterday to check on 2 form 4.
They received them on April6,2023 and they are both waiting for the NICS check according to the agent that I talked to.
Coming up on a year. Was hoping to have them by now.
These are on a trust maybe that is why it is taking so long?

Posts: 408 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
GF purchased two Surefire cans at 3PM on Saturday. Stamps came back an hour ago. Dealer does eforms and digital prints.

Unbelievable

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37156 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang! Didn't you just buy an RC3? Let's hope it has that kind of luck!

Posts: 2454 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
RC3 is on order. Supposed to be at SOT tomorrow.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37156 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
GF purchased two Surefire cans at 3PM on Saturday. Stamps came back an hour ago. Dealer does eforms and digital prints.

Unbelievable

Eek 1.5 Business Days...That's like having an Speed Pass from the ATF!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9411 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
I just did Form 4 via my FFL dealer where I purchased an Omega 45K yesterday. I was told that they have been getting approvals back from ATF for Form 4 lately, within 2-7 days from filing.

Posts: 1917 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsjac:
I called the NFA branch yesterday to check on 2 form 4.
They received them on April6,2023 and they are both waiting for the NICS check according to the agent that I talked to.
Coming up on a year. Was hoping to have them by now.
These are on a trust maybe that is why it is taking so long?

The FBI NICS department dropped the ball. The same thing happened on my last eForm 1.

See my post in this thread on page 121:

quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Another update:

I found this website for contacting NICS. A very nice lady answered the phone, and I briefly explained the situation. She asked for my first, middle, last name and put me on hold.

She came back within a minute saying the ATF "should see something on their end now".

I'm guessing NICS dropped the ball on this one. Roll Eyes

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17575 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally the log jam broke and got three approvals in my email this morning.

Form 4 from 4/4/23 (352 days)
Form 1 from 10/24/23 (149 days)
Form 4 from 1/8/24 (73 days)

Guess they batched the January F4 with the others from last year. All eFile, All individual.

Posts: 3403 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post