SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 128
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Just crossed the 140 day mark on my eForm 1 via trust.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17299 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:

Sweet Jesus. I take it no reply from IPB? Shortly after I recommended that, the guys on the NFA subreddit started getting no success that way.

Posts: 17209 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Stupid SilencerShop offered a 200 discount on a can I was already looking for.

I love torturing myself, so fuck it, here we go, another one down the pipe!

I can shewt this one as soon as the F3 clears, which is nice.

Posts: 5154 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:

Sweet Jesus. I take it no reply from IPB? Shortly after I recommended that, the guys on the NFA subreddit started getting no success that way.

Nothing after their initial "check the website" reply, but I did just send a reply to their non-reply. Basically, I just said that I'm WAY over their posted 68 day average and just wanted to make sure I didn't make a mistake in the filing process.

On the eForm site, it's still under SUBMITTED/IN-PROCESS.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17299 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Holy crap. I just got this on a SUNDAY from IPB:

quote:
Your form is in process. We are currently waiting for a response from the FBI on your NICS check. The FBI is also working on a backlog of checks submitted to them; therefore we are unable to tell you when they will reach your check for review. Your NFA form will be reviewed when we receive the results of your NICS check. The NFA Division is unable to give any further information regarding the NICS check and why is has been in delay for this length of time.

So I can get through a NICS check in <15 min in a gun store, but this time... Mad

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
It's bullshit. Guys are getting replies from the NICS liaison email now saying the FBI has nothing to do with it, that ATF uses their system to conduct the NICS check. Two gov't agencies pointing their fingers at each other.

Time to contact your representative? Or maybe try the NICS email again and tell them ATF says your check hasn't been run?

This process is a load of shit. I'd like to see some legislation passed that would mandate streamlining this to under a week for anything. I know, I like to dream big.

Posts: 17209 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
I never did get reply from NICS, so maybe a follow up (or two) will get something.

Email sent. Again.

I’m wondering how the FBI gets notified that a check needs to be done since the Form 1 is filed on an ATF website.

Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Got a bug up my but to build another 300 BO and put a can on it. I’m a fan of my YHM Phantom Ti so I went with a Resonator R2. SilencerShop had a free tax stamp on that model. So because of that and the fact that I already have Phantom mounts, which I really like, I pulled the trigger. Filed my paperwork through a Silencershop kiosk which was pretty damn handy. It recognized my trust (I’ve never gone through them before), took my prints… All I do is wait now. And wait.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
All I do is wait now. And wait.

And wait...and wait... Big Grin

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Submitted Form 1 for SBR on 11/9/2023. Approved 11/21/2023. What a great way to make a budget gun more expensive. Bleh! $$$$$

Posts: 45385 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
Submitted Form 1 on 11/9/2023. Approved 11/21/2023. What a great way to make a budget gun more expensive. Bleh! $$$$$

Wow congrats!

Posts: 5154 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
Submitted Form 1 on 11/9/2023. Approved 11/21/2023. What a great way to make a budget gun more expensive. Bleh! $$$$$

Wow congrats!
This is my first rodeo. Beginners luck or they’re clearing out the IN box before Thanksgiving.

Posts: 45385 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Paper form suppressor (B&T Rotex X) submitted end of June. Picked up the can today at 113 days.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Still no reply from the NICS email. I'm not sure emailing my state rep would be very helpful:

:: sigh :: New Mexico. Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
Can't hurt but more importantly I would try to hit up my Senator as they seem more likely to help constituents on issues.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11014 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Both of my Senators are Democrats, too. Still, I guess you're right, and it can't hurt.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
Paper form suppressor (B&T Rotex X) submitted end of June. Picked up the can today at 113 days.

Individual, or trust?

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:

Individual, or trust?
Individual

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, seeing real fast individual Form 4's come back in other places that also track. A couple guys in the past few weeks had three week approvals.

posted Hide Post
5 months to signature on my latest via electric trust with Capitol Armory.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post