SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
My new Specwar came with a 2013 blade date...

and one of the EDC line up (Specwar is back in the box till I decide whether to give it away).

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgtmac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
I was serious about wearing it as a neck knife. Unscrew the plastic part and run a chain through it like a LaGriff. It would work if you were careful pulling it out.

Now legally, I'm guessing it's a fixed blade, so you have to find out the rules on that.

I would probably lose a nipple, or end up with a 2nd belly button. Want to find a good way to carry IWB or tight to the body OWB.

Posts: 2832 | Location: ND | Registered: August 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the beaver bit from this guy

[IMG][/IMG]

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5641 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Anyone with some loose change there is an Emerson MV-4 Viper 4 in the Cove.

Hold your breath Wink

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5641 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:

Hold your breath Wink

How much?

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:

Hold your breath Wink

How much?

11 Ben Franklins

posted Hide Post
Fair price to some

I've been looking for a custom GJ and I think last one sold I saw for 16 bens. Way too rich for me, but not all

In one retailer website I saw a 6 being offered for 23 of em. (Said sold)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
Fair price to some

I've been looking for a custom GJ and I think last one sold I saw for 16 bens. Way too rich for me, but not all

In one retailer website I saw a 6 being offered for 23 of em. (Said sold)

I didn't know you were looking. If you want you can email me what you're looking for and range. I let one go recently. I can keep an eye out for you. If you don't want to, then don't worry about it.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Whoh! The SPECWAR HC came...man, it looks so nice and shiny...Like it was created in Oz...This is something much better than I had expected.

Festina Lente
posted Hide Post
2001 or 2013 on the blade?

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lame
posted Hide Post
Mine says 2001

Posts: 1088 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
2001...I going to wait til next Summer and auction it off for EleventyBillion dollars...Then I'm going to get a Rhino... Smile

Festina Lente
posted Hide Post
wonder why some of them are coming out with "2013", considering they are "found, old stock"?

Picture of Lame
posted Hide Post
As I understand it the blades that were found in finished condition like the hardchromes were sent out with the old date. The knives which had to still be ground or finished were dated with the current date.

Posts: 1088 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
HC's are STILL in stock... Smile

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lame:
As I understand it the blades that were found in finished condition like the hardchromes were sent out with the old date. The knives which had to still be ground or finished were dated with the current date.

^This
The blades were in different stages of completion when boxed up.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Whoh! The SPECWAR HC came...man, it looks so nice and shiny...Like it was created in Oz...This is something much better than I had expected.

+1!!!!!

mine came today wow, just wow 2001 date

I like the new stand-offs

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I checked my mail today and found a newly minted 2001 hardchrome specwar. It must have come on Friday or Saturday. This is my first Emerson and I can't really see any lack of fit or finish. I mean the blade is tight and I can see some machining marks around the liner but the lock is rock solid, the scales and the liner are matched up nicely and the blade is sharp. All in all it seems like a well made knife.

I think you couldn't have made a better choice for your first Emerson. This is the coolest surprise offering I've seen. It may be some time before you find an affordable Hard Chrome SPECWAR again. Hope it stays with you forever...

Picture of Lame
posted Hide Post
It definitely has a certain cool factor about it. I would like to keep it in nice condition but i don't know how long I can hold out. Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
It definitely has a certain cool factor about it. I would like to keep it in nice condition but i don't know how long I can hold out. Smile

They all meant to be used Smile

Enjoy it!!!