SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I took delivery of an A-100 BTS yesterday Smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6290 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I saw that Midway still has those for $115, an awesome deal. And Ernie describes it as the "Father of all Tactical Folders"...I can see where it would be a good 'office' knife...kinda discreet...

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
I saw that Midway still has those for $115, an awesome deal. And Ernie describes it as the "Father of all Tactical Folders"...I can see where it would be a good 'office' knife...kinda discreet...

I could not pass one up for the price

It's very nice. Have not had time to detail clean it yet

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6290 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
I've said this before, but you're all a bunch of enablers.

It takes two to Tango... Smile

I just got my first 14 last week, and I'll have to say it is much more impressive in person than in pictures...What will you use it for? I didn't think it would be a good EDC, but I was wrong...

It will get carried.

The receiving department at work is a one man show. We get between 20 and 200 boxes per day. Part of my daily routine is going around to the different departments in the shop and checking on how things are going. From time to time I'll spend 15 minutes and help break down the pile of boxes. Right now that's closer to daily, as we're quite busy. Yes, I could go find a box cutter, but I'd rather get some use out of my knives.

I was carrying my Benchmade mini-grip, added in an ESEE Candiru on a neck sheath, now the CQC-7 (which cuts great, even when dull), and probably the 14.

4 knives might get me through 2 weeks at work without having to sit down and spend 20 minutes getting the edge sharp enough to cut paper instead of tear it.

Posts: 6040 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forgive me for I have sinned. Smile

Found one of my grails (non-Emerson) for a very reasonable price.

Chris Reeves large CF Sebenza with raindrop Damascus blade

Should have it towards end of next week

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Blasphemer... Smile

Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Got my third Emerson Saturday. The CQC-14. So I now have a 14, 15 and SOCFK.

I think the 15 is my favorite! The SOCFK is next. I'm really trying to get the 14 to feel right. It really needs to be sharper.

Posts: 2913 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have rec'd my mini CQC-15 from Midway, and it is very nice!

Posts: 3575 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HD-7BTS goodness

Posts: 243 | Registered: July 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Persian BT came today...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Czechvar,

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
EKI has Emerson BT and BTS HD-7's in stock now.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5668 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A-100 I just got next to my mini I've been EDC for last 9 mths

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Grayman disc? Huge. Wow.

It looks a little ungainly, but as promised it really helps with lefty deployment.

Posts: 6040 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Are Framelocks that much better than Liner Locks? Why do they cost so much more?

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are Framelocks that much better than Liner Locks? Why do they cost so much more?

They get the nod because of strength/durability, but of course that's balanced against higher production costs.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5668 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Why...Is it the extra Titanium?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Why...Is it the extra Titanium?

That's what I think

Bar stock. Milled, planed then heat treated

Opposed to a 2mm piece

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I read a Thread over on Blade Forums about this topic. The basic take was that theoretically the Frame Lock should be stronger and more reliable. Stronger because there is more contact surface with the blade, and your hand acts to hold the lock in place. More reliable because it's easier to remove and dirt or sand that could build up.

A Liner lock used a thinner 'lock' section and is inside the scales, therefore easier for foreign objects to get wedged in.

Some stated that, in their opinion, in a quality knife these days there is little difference if a knife is used properly.

Here's the Thread. About 3/4 of the way down is an interesting read by user Marthinus...and an unbelievable picture of an HD-7 with a buckled Frame.

http://www.bladeforums.com/for...r-lock-vs-frame-lock

I cannot imagine how much abuse this took...They must have been using a sledge.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
As much as I love Commanders, I ordered the Super Commander SF Plain from Midway for $181. That's $70 to $120 under retail. Couldn't turn down that price, there are still 7 left. That gives me one of each Commander except the micro.

That's it for me...had that one in the basket for a week. When it dropped from $198 I jumped.

posted Hide Post
This thread should be titled "You will buy an Emerson". Looked at it one too many times. Ordered a CQC-8 blk/serrated from the clearance sale. Gonna replace my Endura 4, another very good knife.

Posts: 3638 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post