SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
There is a bandito in the cove for $30 off new if anyone wants to look there.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey hey all!!

Work and life been insane. Hope everyone is great this Hallows night

Chechvar. Self protected thread in lounge dedicated to you Big Grin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Someone has already resold a bulldog prototype for $325.

Nice to see you back Snw

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Guys...I put a couple of knives or sale in the Classifieds. Smile

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Very nice knives. Someone will be very fortunate to have them. I've said it before, but I really have to stop spending. Winter is coming, in more ways than one.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiverjosh:
Has anyone ever heard of an emerson that has a glass breaker on it? Would that be something other emerson owners want or use?

Check out the Emmerson HMMV-K

Posts: 243 | Registered: July 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just scored this CQC-45 with checkered walnut scales.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Arceface1,

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pick up!

posted Hide Post
Very nice!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Isn't that the one he designed as part of the Les Bear 1911 Project? My God that is a beauty...and rare...

Member Jiminpotomac actually has an HMMV-K...he's the only one I know because he posted pics of it earlier in the Thread.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
Isn't that the one he designed as part of the Les Bear 1911 Project? My God that is a beauty...and rare...

Member Jiminpotomac actually has an HMMV-K...he's the only one I know because he posted pics of it earlier in the Thread.

The design for this knife started out as the "ECA 1911". A design Ernest modeled after the grips of the 1911. Later he did a collaboration with Les Baer in which a matching serialized gun and knife combo were offered. These knives had double diamond checkered grips to match the guns grips. At this point the ECA-1911 was dubbed the CQC-45 which was the same as the gun. Ernest went on to make regular hand made custom versions of the CQC-45 for his shows and lotteries. These had bead-blasted titanium bolsters, hand ground blades, and green micarta scales (standard custom Emerson configuration). My checkered Walnut CQC-45 is a 1 of 3 that have checkered scales and bead blasted bolsters. I have seen one with checkered walnut scales and satin polished bolsters as well an all black bladed and bolstered walnut CQC-45 that I believe you shared a picture of.

The HMMV-k. Is a TANK of a knife. Only 100 exist since it was a collectors association knife. The glass breaker was a really cool feature for an Emerson. I had one and regrettably sold it.

Picture of bamaman
posted Hide Post
Fantastic looking knife!!

Posts: 500 | Location: N.E. Alabama | Registered: March 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arceface1:
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:

The design for this knife started out as the "ECA 1911". A design Ernest modeled after the grips of the 1911. Later he did a collaboration with Les Baer in which a matching serialized gun and knife combo were offered. These knives had double diamond checkered grips to match the guns grips. At this point the ECA-1911 was dubbed the CQC-45 which was the same as the gun. Ernest went on to make regular hand made custom versions of the CQC-45 for his shows and lotteries. These had bead-blasted titanium bolsters, hand ground blades, and green micarta scales (standard custom Emerson configuration). My checkered Walnut CQC-45 is a 1 of 3 that have checkered scales and bead blasted bolsters. I have seen one with checkered walnut scales and satin polished bolsters as well an all black bladed and bolstered walnut CQC-45 that I believe you shared a picture of.

The HMMV-k. Is a TANK of a knife. Only 100 exist since it was a collectors association knife. The glass breaker was a really cool feature for an Emerson. I had one and regrettably sold it.

...I love it when someone really knows the story behind the blade. Thank you... Smile

Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I always check this thread, interesting pieces.
Here's a bad scan of a HMMV I once owned, I had all the early ECA knives directly from the shop.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wreckdiverjosh
posted Hide Post
Very nice knife....

Change of Plans...

Posts: 268 | Location: Virginia | Registered: March 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I know it's supply and demand and the owner's right to sell his own property for what he wants, but if I were in the market for a bulldog and I knew what was paid and how long they had been held I wouldn't pay $400 or more to one of these guys flipping knives from last week.

I don't mind paying market rate for something that's been collected and saved, etc etc, but to reward the guys that vacuumed up multiple ones and are already selling them Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
We're the purists, we collect for the love of going broke... Smile

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Emerson Knives has taken the "Patriot" prototype into full production...good looking knife, massive blade...plain or serrated, but only in stonewashed so far.

Overall Length – 9.150 in.
Blade Length – 3.900 in.
Handle Length – 5.250 in.
Blade Thickness .125 in.
Handle Thickness – .540 in.
Blade Steel – 154cm
Handles – Black G-10
Hardness – 57-59 RC
Lock – 6AL4V Titanium
Locking Liner Mechanism

http://emersonknives.com/shop/knives/patriot/

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Thought about it, but I think I prefer the 15. Check the dimensions and you'll find them almost identical.