SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
Picture of wreckdiverjosh
posted Hide Post
Has anyone ever heard of an emerson that has a glass breaker on it? Would that be something other emerson owners want or use?

Change of Plans...

Posts: 268 | Location: Virginia | Registered: March 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiverjosh:
Has anyone ever heard of an emerson that has a glass breaker on it? Would that be something other emerson owners want or use?

I'm pretty sure if you're bad ass enough to have an Emerson, you just use your fist... ;-)

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wreckdiverjosh
posted Hide Post
LMAO..... That's funny... Big Grin

Change of Plans...

Posts: 268 | Location: Virginia | Registered: March 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I believe the butt of the PUK is designed with this in mind, perhaps others but not coming to mind right now.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm tempted to see just how sharp I can make the factory edge on the Specwar with the strops of my WE

What ya think?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lame
posted Hide Post
Do you know what angle to sharpen each side on or are you going to do a traditional regrind?

Posts: 1088 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lame:
Do you know what angle to sharpen each side on or are you going to do a traditional regrind?

I plan on calling to ask so i can keep original angles

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Ernie is having a Pumpkin Carving contest, and you can win gear...It's on their FB Page...

Here's a couple of the submissions...

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I'm not a hat person...but I do like the new model...made need to get one...

posted Hide Post
I like the new T-shirt

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I'm not going to be the one to tell him that he misspelled muertos Wink

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Ernie sent out an offer for Emerson's Collectors Association Members only...Super sweet Desert Karambit...Which I would get if SgtMac hadn't tempted me into getting an all black one a few weeks ago... Smile

http://emersonknives.com/shop/...arambit-fixed-blade/

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
How did you see this? I didn't get any notice.

Also, wondering where everyone fell off the edge of the Earth. Picked up 2 NSARs on fleabay for undervalued prices.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I got notified by email.

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
BULLDOG ALERT

Look like a tough, impressive blade. Thoughts?

EDIT: Nevermind. All sold out.

I'd decided that I liked it, but didn't intend to use it.

I'd decided I'd get one and leverage it into something I wanted more when the prices went up.

In the time I thought through it inventory went from 29 knives to zero.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
That was fast...80 to zero in 60 seconds...

Picture of Lame
posted Hide Post
How can you tell that will be a limited edition? I saw the knife this morning but saw no indication that it will be limited production.

Posts: 1088 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lame:
How can you tell that will be a limited edition? I saw the knife this morning but saw no indication that it will be limited production.

The "prototype" run will be confined to this run. It will, presumably, be in the catalog for 2014, but the production runs will have numbers and not the prototype marking(s) that should be on these 80.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I did like it though... Smile

Picture of Lame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:

The "prototype" run will be confined to this run. It will, presumably, be in the catalog for 2014, but the production runs will have numbers and not the prototype marking(s) that should be on these 80.

oic