SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
I always check this thread, interesting pieces.
Here's a bad scan of a HMMV I once owned, I had all the early ECA knives directly from the shop.

Man, you should post all of those pictures of your Emerson knives...That one right there is beautiful. The scan actually enhances the character of the knife. Great pic...

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering if these new 3D wonder printers might be usable to print custom scales for the knives?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
I'm wondering if these new 3D wonder printers might be usable to print custom scales for the knives?

I can't see why it could not

Ive yet to see one or something printed off of one

I'd only be questioning the durability, currently

I'm sure once the "print media" gets better and more varied I can see it as a great possibility.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6225 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lame
posted Hide Post
Anyone else see the christmas knives. I'm thinking about getting one but I wonder how "rare" these knives actually are.

Posts: 1088 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Snooze ya lose! There already sold out. Picked up a carbon Fiber Mini Commander myself. They're made in small batches usually 5 or so per model available. They're pretty rare and definitely value up a couple hundred bucks in the secondary.

Posts: 243 | Registered: July 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lame
posted Hide Post
Ya, I was looking through them a little bit ago and now the Emerson site seems to be crashing lol

Posts: 1088 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Websites up and running again! Just purchased a digi mini commander and it looks like it went through. Might be a few models available!

Posts: 243 | Registered: July 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Didn't see anything for me amongst current offerings not already sold out. Chechvar, there is one and only 1 tan karambit left.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Czechvar, it's still available...

So, they say that Christmas knives will be added throughout December, so do we need to log on each day and check the inventory or...?

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
No more for me for a while. I got it down to Karambits and Commanders I like. The only 'Grail' I still want is an UBR Commander.
That SPECWAR HC was it for me. Smile

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
The B&W sale sounds so intriguing. Would love the GJ in full dress.

posted Hide Post
quote:
The B&W sale sounds so intriguing. Would love the GJ in full dress.

+1.

Can't see it this year though

Website was down when I went to look at the carbon fiber A-100. Sold out now... Probably for the best. Lol Smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6225 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I just got notified for ECA Members...Turned out really sweet, I'm partial to the plainedge...3.9" blade is nice.

quote:
1st Run of Patriot with Black Finished Blades
AVAILABLE NOW!

Low Serial Numbers Available 0005-0058
If you would like a specific serial number please list the numbers you would like in the "ORDER NOTES" section at checkout. We will do our best to get you the serial number that you desire. First come first serve. We will be announcing this knife to the general public later this week if there are still some left in stock.

http://emersonknives.com/shop/...0-2&utm_medium=email

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Czechvar,

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I like the BTS, but have a hard time seeing it as particularly different from the CQC-15.

Guess I'm the only one that like the custom jade scales on my 7. Sorry to mess up everyone's bandwidth Wink

posted Hide Post
quote:
I like the BTS, but have a hard time seeing it as particularly different from the CQC-15.

Guess I'm the only one that like the custom jade scales on my 7. Sorry to mess up everyone's bandwidth Wink

You never said it was yours Smile

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
That is true.

Apologies Cool

posted Hide Post
quote:
That is true.

Apologies Cool

Lol. No need to apologize I saw it a a real cool pimped

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
So Chuck...What's the story on the Jade handles? Is it real Jade? The etching is beautiful, and very subtle...Is it one of a kind?

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I was mystified when I first saw one. It would be beyond cool if it were truly jade, but if I remember my mineralogy jade this long and thin would not stand up well. There is a usner who has a cad printer who makes these. I saw another he had done on a 7 with silver blade. I conversed with him because I thought it would be really sharp on a Gypsy. Unfortunately with all the design work hours that would go into templating it and as shallow as the cuts would be on the narrow scales of the Gypsy it's not an option. I then ordered this one in. It is a g10 in this color and I really like it. At first I lamented that there are not serrations but it has grown on me as a dress knife. There isa company that has some of his as finished products "ye olde" something. Searching Emerson knife and ye olde should find them or I can look up user name and you can order scales directly from him for the 7. I believe he has done other knife brand scales too.

Edit boomer52 if you look him up the are some threads with his work. This is my favorite though