SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
I think it's a nice looking Blade, but it takes a refined eye to love it. You, Ernie, and Keith Richards man...that's good company...

Smile

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5641 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Czechvar:
My entire collection cost less than one Custom Roadhouse...

They are nice.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ernest...&hash=item2ed739502a

Posts: 3220 | Registered: February 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 24 | Registered: December 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Sweet pics Mike, how've you been? How's your book on Ernie coming along?

Any new articles we should be reading?

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Searson:
More Rhino Pron!

This time with an FNX tactical 45, AAC Suppressor, GemTech Lanyard and SureFire X400 Ultra

Story and much better pics will be in the next issue of RECOIL

This one is worth a repeat for sure...

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Someone talk to me about the CQC-12, Comrade Folder. I've been curious about it, read about it...Anyone have one? It's a little expensive, is it all the Titanium?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Someone talk to me about the CQC-12, Comrade Folder. I've been curious about it, read about it...Anyone have one? It's a little expensive, is it all the Titanium?

Heres a comparison pic of the 12 next to the 13. It was modeled after the ak-47 bayonet. The 12 is an awesome blade. Titanium framelock with 154cm blade and g-10 scale. Very thin profile and carries very well. Little more subtle of a clip point then the 13. Love it.

Posts: 243 | Registered: July 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pics. Do you know why the Liner Lock is open (No G10 Scale) like that? I'm sure there is a good reason, I just can't figure out why it's designed like this.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the pics. Do you know why the Liner Lock is open (No G10 Scale) like that? I'm sure there is a good reason, I just can't figure out why it's designed like this.

It's just a different way of making a knife. Some consider "Framelocks" to be more robust then liner locks. The Titanium framelock is thicker then a regular liner lock. Keep an eye out for the HD-7 release on the EKI website. They're about to be released any day now.

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Exactly right (of course), and there wouldn't be a hard use worthy means of attaching the g10 that wouldn't interfere with the internal actions, movement of the frame lock or make field maintenance more difficult.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5641 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Exactly right (of course), and there wouldn't be a hard use worthy means of attaching the g10 that wouldn't interfere with the internal actions, movement of the frame lock or make field maintenance more difficult.

Theoretically, you could attach a scale to the framelock this turning it into a liner lock but it'd be a lot thicker. I believe the thickness of the Ti framelock Ernest uses on his HD-7's and 12's are the same thickness as a reg liner with scale attached together.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arceface1:
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:

Theoretically, you could attach a scale to the framelock thus turning it into a liner lock but it'd be a lot thicker. I believe the thickness of the Ti framelock Ernest uses on his HD-7's and 12's are the same thickness as a reg liner with scale attached together.

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Saw this in Knife Center's newsletter. Thought it looked a little familiar.

http://www2.knifecenter.com/it...-carbon-fiber-handle

So if you want a CQC-7 that doesn't look like a mean working machine... there's that.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I thought I'd be happy with just a cqc-15 then the socfk found its way home but no, the sale was still on so now a cqc-14 is on the way.
Stop the madness!!

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
I thought I'd be happy with just a cqc-15 then the socfk found its way home but no, the sale was still on so now a cqc-14 is on the way.
Stop the madness!!

I'm right there with ya chris, I have the mini 15 on the way, my wife said you might as well get another one while they're on sale!
I have the fixed blade heading my way now.
Plain edge black, $150.00. She says she's holding it till Christmas Wink

Posts: 1694 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomgun:
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
Stop the madness!!

I'm right there with ya chris, I have the mini 15 on the way, my wife said you might as well get another one while they're on sale!
I have the fixed blade heading my way now.
Plain edge black, $150.00. She says she's holding it till Christmas Wink

Fixed Blade? You mean the Police? Because that is an outstanding value. I've been watching for that one to drop again.

Got my new Stonewashed SOCFK in my pocket right now. Smile

Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
Yes the police is on it's way to me.
I couldn't decide which one to buy and that police just jumped out at me since I don't own a fixed blade tactical knife.

Posts: 1694 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wreckdiverjosh
posted Hide Post
Damn that Rhino is sweet....

Change of Plans...

Posts: 268 | Location: Virginia | Registered: March 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Emerson's still had the Black Persian in stock. It's on the way. I wanted to wait, but the possibility that this might be his last run of Persians looms large. It is one of his signature early models, so it's a biggie.

http://emersonknives.com/shop/...persian-tactical-bt/

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Emerson's still had the Black Persian in stock. It's on the way. I wanted to wait, but the possibility that this might be his last run of Persians looms large. It is one of his signature early models, so it's a biggie.

http://emersonknives.com/shop/...persian-tactical-bt/

I'd say near certainty that it's his last production run.