SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
Beautiful Custom, those Titanium Bolsters are awesome. Did you win the drawing to allow you to buy it?

Although I did not win the K.A.C.K. When it was first released I was lucky enough to get called at the Emerson lottery last year at blade. I purchased the Beast Roadhouse Prototype but sold it shortly after. Coincidentally to the same individual whom sold me the KACK. The Beast Roadhouse would be the equivalent of an UBR Roadhouse.

Posts: 243 | Registered: July 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I'm not a big Roadhouse user. I admire it, but the only one I have is the Pink Emerson Roadhouse that originally went in the charity auction.

I'd love to hear your thoughts about the Beast in comparison.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The pink roadhouse with skulls on the scale? Did t come with a steel flame clip?

If I could own another again I would. I've always had a predilection for big knives. I have big hands and the bigger handles fit well in my paws. I usually carry a pimped roadhouse regular size and favor the design above most Emerson's ive tried with the exception of the KACK. The KACK's grips just locks your hand into the knife like no other design save the cqc-13 and newly released Tiger. The combat handle design is just like putty in your hands comfortable.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I just got a Super Roadhouse from the Midway Sale. It is an impressive chunk of steel...

Hey, I wrote Ernie again asking if he could make a limited run of Super CQC-15's...I just think it would be as impressive as the Super Roadhouse.

What do you guys think?

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Wow, a Super 15? I know some who would lose their minds to have a chance at owning one.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
BTW if you want a custom lanyard that is out of the ordinary check out http://www.nobleknives.com/

I think he's also on deviantart

Custom chainmaille, color options, solid guy.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Wow, a Super 15? I know some who would lose their minds to have a chance at owning one.

Awesome roadhouse. If you ever decide to move that clip let me know.

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
I own a couple of Kershaws I really like but this Emerson thread has me looking at an Emerson cqc7bw.

Can someone tell me if between the wave feature and the thumb part of the blade: Could they be used as a bottle opener?

Posts: 3718 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
I own a couple of Kershaws I really like but this Emerson thread has me looking at an Emerson cqc7bw.

Can someone tell me if between the wave feature and the thumb part of the blade: Could they be used as a bottle opener?

Very nice choice. Yes, takes a bit of practice, but it does work as a bottle opener. I use the wave for this regularly.

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Very nice choice. Yes, takes a bit of practice, but it does work as a bottle opener. I use the wave for this regularly.

Thank you!

Posts: 3718 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

In the first post of this Thread, I noted that the CQC-7BW was my first Emerson. Yesterday I pulled it out and started carrying it again...

If you want one, I strongly suggest you go to the Midway Clearance Sale and get the SOCFK-SF. It's the better version of the CQC-7...much nicer grip. I think the sale price is $118...killer deal.

http://www.midwayusa.com/produ...cm_vc=ProductFinding

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Damage Report:
-That Midway USA Clearance has been a good thing, and a bad thing. Smile

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice. I just back ordered a mini-Cqc-7 for $105. This will be my first Emerson and it pretty much matches the size of my EDC kershaw.

Best yet I will be able to open bottles with it!

Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Damage Report:

Actually its Your fault Wink I'm trying to tell myself one is enough, I don't need the SOCFK-SF…
Yeah I don't think it working…

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
quote:
Damage Report:

Actually its Your fault Wink I'm trying to tell myself one is enough, I don't need the SOCFK-SF…

You don't know my pain... Smile

Did save $60 to $80 on each model from Midway.

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Damage Report:

Very nice blade.

Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Damage Report:

Very nice blade.

Yep, I'll get to see it first hand in a few days when it arrives……

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
The SOCFK is terrific...You'll love it. Congrats...Keep some Tuf-Glide on the blade and pivot.

http://www.sentrysolutions.com/

I have to say, this CQC-13 is much more impressive than I expected. The grip is molded to my hand, overall it feels light, the cutting edge goes on forever, and the upswept point feels like a fish hook. I like to call it the "Combat Bowie"...great name.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Czechvar,

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
This place is a bad influence.

I now have two Emersons en route to me. Neither from Midway, but between the sale there and this thread it got me looking.

One is a CQC-7, black blade, partially serrated. The other is a micro-Commander, black blade.

The micro may or may not head off to Dustin at Ozarks Holsters for some custom kydex.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Both arrived today

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post